Theology Club: The Olive Tree

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Body of Christ is the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.
If we are his fulness, and we are cut off, he is no longer complete.

It cannot be.

:salute:
Amen!

Not to mention that if we could be cast into the fire, that would be God casting Christ's body there. :nono: It can't and won't happen!

Jerry Shugart

Furthermore, we weren't saved by anything we did or didn't do, so to suggest that we can be cut off completely undermines our salvation ("are saved") which is by grace through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place.

You do no teven understand the basics in regard to salvation. You did not mention the faith of the individual who is saved. Paul and the disciples with him knew that no one can be saved unless he believes:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

The post was reference to the Jews being saved by another gospel, which comes after the Rapture

But were they not saved by the gospel of Christ, which was preached to the Jews before it was preached to everyone else?:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).​

SaulToPaul 2

You do no teven understand the basics in regard to salvation. Paul and those with him knew that the unsaved had to do something to be saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

Furthermore, we weren't saved by anything we did or didn't do, so to suggest that we can be cut off completely undermines our salvation ("are saved") which is by grace through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
But were they not saved by the gospel of Christ, which was preached to the Jews before it was preached to everyone else?:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).​

belief or unbelief Jerry, what is so complicated about that ? it's not works to hear and believe; to trust in Christ Ephesians 1:1-2 KJV and 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 KJV -

Ephesians 1:13 KJV and 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, and 23 and 2:1

Danoh

belief and unbelief Jerry, what is so complicated about that ?

Lol, you were constantly defending Jerry; what happened?

Don't confuse all his views with some of his views, nor his insistence he is right, with his being right or wrong in any of his views, or you will end up in his same shoes.

The shoes of insistence he is not the sole, lol, wearer of around here.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Lol, you were constantly defending Jerry; what happened?

Don't confuse all his views with some of his views, nor his insistence he is right, with his being right or wrong in any of his views, or you will end up in his same shoes.

The shoes of insistence he is not the sole, lol, wearer of around here.

i don't appreciate your false and misleading statements. i was never constantly defending jerry, nothing happened. i have agreed with things he has said and disagreed. you said you could not wait until he got banned for good or dropped dead. don't try to shift the focus, i was annoyed by you the first day you showed up and i still am. you talk down to people as if you are an expert in Mid-Acts. you're far from it, and you have purported to "teach" me and give me helpful advice, much of which i barely read because you ramble. you attack jerry as sport, now tuck your tail and go away from me -

Jerry Shugart

belief or unbelief Jerry, what is so complicated about that ? it's not works to hear and believe; to trust in Christ Ephesians 1:1-2 KJV and 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 KJV -

I have been the one from the beginning who has always said that throughout time no one was saved in any other way than by grace through faith apart from works.

So you must have me confused with one of those from the Neo-MAD camp who assert that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

Jerry Shugart

You do no even understand the basics in regard to salvation. You did not mention the faith of the individual who is saved. Paul and the disciples with him knew that no one can be saved unless he believes:

Danoh

i don't appreciate your false and misleading statements. i was never constantly defending jerry, nothing happened. i have agreed with things he has said and disagreed. you said you could not wait until he got banned for good or dropped dead. don't try to shift the focus, i was annoyed by you the first day you showed up and i still am. you talk down to people as if you are an expert in Mid-Acts. you're far from it, and you have purported to "teach" me and give me helpful advice, much of which i barely read because you ramble. you attack jerry as sport, now tuck your tail and go away from me -

You completely misunderstood my ribbing you, though you have ribbed me in the past and I have never taken it in any other way but as that.

And no you were not annoyed by me from the first day - you even made a friends request.

Which I never responded to it, other then to accept it.

Because too many tend to be fair whether friends, its best to hold off granting to such their requests for such things right off until some time with them says to.

You also forgot the following:

I'm relatively new here and I've perused the MAD forum. Yes Jerry posts A LOT in that forum. I guess I haven't read it enough because I'm not seeing that he derails threads and hounds people any more than other posters on TOL. He's quite monomaniacal about the issue, kind of like Robert Pate's anti-Calvinism, Chrysostoms anti-abortion, pro vote Republican stances, Beloved67's hyper-calvinism, republicanchicks fascination with Fox News, etc. etc. etc.

Could you link to some threads where he's hounded and derailed? I mean like, flagrantly?

i agree with you -

Very well, Patrick, if that is how you roll, then that is how you roll.

No offence intended. Try to take as you give. A ribbing is a ribbing. No more.

The best to you.

As for Jerry, I am satisfied that I made known what I had to against his tactics, and have basically moved on from doing so as Sherman requested, after having informed us all, that each our exchanges were in their awareness, to leave solving for these issues in their hands.

Fact is, I agree with Jerry on some things he goes on about on this forum (as I have stated before, more than once). I just never cared for his insistence others do, until they do.

Its in the moderator's hands.

Take a ribbing as you give it, Patrick.

Again, the best to you in all this.

glorydaz

You do no teven understand the basics in regard to salvation. You did not mention the faith of the individual who is saved. Paul and the disciples with him knew that no one can be saved unless he believes:

You're as bad as beloved 57. Believing is not a work. We are persuaded by hearing the gospel. That's like seeing the rain and believing it's raining. We aren't doing anything ....it's the rain that is doing the persuading. :crackup:

DAN P

So are you saying that all those belonging to the church at Rome were grafted into Israel?

Did the branches from the wild Olive Tree become Israelites?

Hi and I say NO , unless you have a verse where Gentiles become Kings and Priests during the Millennium Rev 1:4 and Ex 19:6 and ONLY Jews can be Priests in the Millennial Kingdom !!

dan p