ECT The Nations and the NHNE

Interplanner

Tell us what 'qualifications' are in that verse that means GOD's mercy toward Israel will not last forever.

It would last for several generations (relative to the recent exile), however, unless you think the IT materials like Maccabees etc are totally spurious, they didn't have a great time. It got worse and worse. Herod was an awful tyrant with the contradictory baggage of being obsessed with having the permanent status of the biggest temple ever built. Then came the destruction of Jerusalem. In the 6th century, there is the complicating Islamic layer and all the miserable confusion since then.

The NT says we don't look to an enduring city here but the one that is to come in the NHNE. All created things ALL OF THEM are destroyed in a consuming fire followed by the NHNE, Heb 12:27.

2 Peter 3 does not have a millenium or anything Judaic, so: there is no other meaning to 'forever' in Ezra 3 than the immediate generations, and that is relative to being in exile.

On the other hand, there is a new Israel, and if you follow that line of thought, of course, you have no problem. I don't know that it was on the horizon yet with Ezra; it certainly was in Isaiah.

Danoh

Knucklehead; the Millennium is before what 2 Peter 3 is describing.

Before that is Acts 3 and a part of 1 Cor. 15.

This is why 70AD does not "cut the truth" of the matter "rightly."

But you have so screwed up Acts 1 thru 3 in your understanding that your version of it; of Matt. 24, and of 2 Peter 3 end up only waxing worse and worse.

Interplanner

Guess what it means when people slander and call others names? Does the Spirit of God do that? Hmmm.

I guess Peter "just forgot" to mention all those working parts that matter so much to you. Doesn't it seem like he would have put it there, if anywhere?

As for Acts 2, 3, I see no where that you show you understand the place of Ps 2 and the enthronement of Christ in a kingdom that is above all others but made without human hands, and that goes through to the NHNE. The proclamation of that Lord (David's Lord) and that Gospel is the mission Israel was supposed to support and execute and thus avoid the destruction of their land and 'house.' All of which is historic fact.