ECT The mission to the nations has been known for generations

Danoh

Is there an alternative understanding of Acts 13:32?...

Your every post on Acts 13 is said alternative understanding :chuckle:

At the same time; in fairness, I have to wonder sometimes if throughout the history of faith, these differences in understanding are nothing more than one more case of something similar to how some people see a bottle as half empty; others see it as half full, and both are arguing the other is wrong :crackup:

I think I'll go with that and take a chill pill - I would suggest you consider doing likewise...

Or not :rotfl:

Interplanner

Problem is, we each mean something different when we each assert "historic" this or that.

I am at least aware of that. You are not.

You think you are right because you think you are.

You have yet proven you actually are.

You can't because you hold to an approach and I hold to another :crackup:

This is also the case within your different understanding on some things from that of the understanding of your fellow Preterists, and vice versa.

As it is within the different understandings on some things between MADs.

You hold that, Matt. 24B: Christ did not return. Some of your own hold otherwise.

I hold that Romans 2:17 is referring to unbelieving sons of Jacob. Some MADs hold that Paul is referring to Gentiles as proselytes.

Round and round we all go.

I figure I might as well take all views in from a sense of humour.

You, well; you do your thing - misunderstand :chuckle:

The problem is if Acts 13's central assertion is mentioned you have 1000 things to say about how I do things or my persona or what ever frickin' else you are an expert on EXCEPT ACTS 13'S CENTRAL ASSERTION

Interplanner

Your every post on Acts 13 is said alternative understanding :chuckle:

At the same time; in fairness, I have to wonder sometimes if throughout the history of faith, these differences in understanding are nothing more than one more case of something similar to how some people see a bottle as half empty; others see it as half full, and both are arguing the other is wrong :crackup:

I think I'll go with that and take a chill pill - I would suggest you consider doing likewise...

Or not :rotfl:

What is my alternative understanding to 'whatever promises were made to the fathers are fulfilled in the resurrection' an alternative to?

Danoh

What is my alternative understanding to 'whatever promises were made to the fathers are fulfilled in the resurrection' an alternative to?

I know what yours is; it is you who do not care about what ours is, and therefore do not know; and yet you are derisive toward it.

If your books based reasoning has made you so sharp; then why must a MAD have to spoon feed you what his or her understanding is?

Fact is that whenever ANY of us MADs do post what we discern your view is on one thing or another; we are right on the money.

Tell me, what is my view of Acts 13?

And what is MAD's organizing principle.

Yours being "one size fits all" :chuckle:

I know; you can't be bothered.

Yet here you are fricken and fracken you've been misunderstood:rotfl:

Interplanner

You're too busy with 'noise' about things.

90% of what you say is defensive, triumphalist and not on topic. I don't know any more today about what you think Acts 13 means than 2 years ago.

It means that the resurrection is the proof of God providing the promised forgiveness of sins through Christ, and it joins Rom 4:25B on that. That fulfills all the promises to the fathers.

Danoh

You're too busy with 'noise' about things.

90% of what you say is defensive, triumphalist and not on topic. I don't know any more today about what you think Acts 13 means than 2 years ago.

It means that the resurrection is the proof of God providing the promised forgiveness of sins through Christ, and it joins Rom 4:25B on that. That fulfills all the promises to the fathers.

That's rich - defensive about a total stranger.

Okay; if you say so "mind reader" :chuckle:

Danoh

post #900 in which you simply won't say in your own words what Acts 13's punchline is about

Just did, elsewhere. No choice. You had one of your many memory slips.

By the way, relax, brother; you're being way too serious.

Leave that to some of the MADs, when they're disagreed with, lol

Interplanner

I have just read back two pages. Could you please point to what you mean by 'Just did (give the summary statement of MAD).' I'm willing to go back 2 pages, other wise if it is that simple, why don't you just write it out instead of (now) become an expert on my memory function?

Interplanner

Danoh,
You claimed in a thread to have 'just stated' what the necessary summary of MAD is in relation to Acts 13. I looked back two pages and found nothing. What are you about--besides ending every post with the mocking icon?