ECT The manner of Jesus' second coming.

Danoh

A thought...you're all over the place.

For one; the phrase is "the lost sheep OF THE HOUSE of Israel" - NOT "the lost sheep of Israel."

Big difference between the two.

And "lost sheep" refers to their having been left without the Shepherds over them that God had given them through Moses and Aaron, that should have continued both right with God according to the Law, and right with Him in their Shepherding of said "sheep."

Instead, said "sheep" ended up looked down on, cast aside, and so on, Israel's corrupt spiritual overseers made a spoil of them for their own gain at their expense.

Said "sheep" ended up being "a nation" of outcasts within their nation.

Jeremiah 50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

Ezekiel 34:16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

Isaiah 56:11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

Jeremiah 25:34 Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.

Ezekiel 34:2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

Ezekiel 34:8 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;

Ezekiel 34:10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.

Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. 23:2 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD. 23:3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. 23:4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD. 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Study out the words lost, and sheep, and shephards, and nation, and fold...in the above Books, and, say, in Matthew, and in John.

Get that straight, and then ask yourself "if I was off on just this; what else might I be off on?"

Rondonmonson

None of these references hold up because they were about the trauma of the 1st century in Judea. while most of Mt 24 after v29 is about the final coming in world judgement (which appeared to be originally intended to be right after the destruction of Jerusalem), v32-44 can be applied to both. However, you failed to notice a very important thing there: "taken" is a bad thing. It is a good thing to remain! That is the parallel to the flood.

Wrong, this is elementary stuff.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

This is an END TIME EVENT !! And you creating the BEING TAKEN IS BAD when we understand in 1 Corinthians 15 it is good is just you have to shift the facts to fit you Abomination of Desolation was 2000 years ago fallacy. DANIEL TELLS US WHEN THE TIMES OF TROUBLES WERE.

Daniel 12:12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Ahhhhh, this TIME OF TROUBLE IS END TIME isn't it ? When those that sleep AWAKE...Verse 2 covers this. And in Rev. chapter 12, Micheal kicks Satan out of Heaven doesn't he ? (Micheal Stands Up)and the Woman (Israel) flees to the Wilderness for 1260 Days. It is an END TIME EVENT, and its not even debatable.

It is a huge mistake to construct a huge doctrine on one salty line to a foreign woman in one account in Matthew. The thing about 'only to Israel.' As you survey the overall picture of those years, you see that this emphasis is only to get a base of Jewish missionaries ready to launch by the time of Pentecost, so that the proclamation of Christ as reigning on his throne and of the Gospel would be catapulted forward and saturate the world. It worked. Paul said it was true, twice.

As you can see, I don't do that, it seems you kinda do. I have all my ducks in a row.

Last edited:

Rondonmonson

A thought...you're all over the place.

For one; the phrase is "the lost sheep OF THE HOUSE of Israel" - NOT "the lost sheep of Israel."

Big difference between the two.

And "lost sheep" refers to their having been left without the Shepherds over them that God had given them through Moses and Aaron, that should have continued both right with God according to the Law, and right with Him in their Shepherding of said "sheep."

Instead, said "sheep" ended up looked down on, cast aside, and so on, Israel's corrupt spiritual overseers made a spoil of them for their own gain at their expense.

Said "sheep" ended up being "a nation" of outcasts within their nation.

Jeremiah 50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

Ezekiel 34:16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

Isaiah 56:11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

Jeremiah 25:34 Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.

Ezekiel 34:2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

Ezekiel 34:8 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;

Ezekiel 34:10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.

Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. 23:2 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD. 23:3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. 23:4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD. 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Study out the words lost, and sheep, and shephards, and nation, and fold...in the above Books, and, say, in Matthew, and in John.

Get that straight, and then ask yourself "if I was off on just this; what else might I be off on?"

The Lost sheep of Israel is the Lost sheep of the House of Israel....I didn't spell it all the way out, sue me. I got a cheap lecture, I have paid the price. Please.....I repeated what Jesus said, he came to the lost sheep of Israel only. That is all that's relevant to me, the point I was making. I don't really care about placing the word HOUSE in and wasting 5 letters.....People will just have to deal with it as I type it. I am going to continue to say Lost sheep of Israel....You can add HOUSE FOR ME.

Geeeze

Interplanner

The Lost sheep of Israel is the Lost sheep of the House of Israel....I didn't spell it all the way out, sue me. I got a cheap lecture, I have paid the price. Please.....I repeated what Jesus said, he came to the lost sheep of Israel only. That is all that's relevant to me, the point I was making. I don't really care about placing the word HOUSE in and wasting 5 letters.....People will just have to deal with it as I type it. I am going to continue to say Lost sheep of Israel....You can add HOUSE FOR ME.

Geeeze

I've never liked that needling by Danoh either, but you yourself are building a whole doctrine out of one line in a one-off situation, and it crumbles. He meant that he was trying to get as many of them to be the missionaries to the nations that he wanted. He did succeed in having about 200 ready by Pentecost. But this one line is not a hinge upon which turns all the great matters of the Bible, and ages and times, and God supposedly starting or stopping with one nation or another.

It is what God has done in Christ and continues to do in his mission that truly answers those things.

Rondonmonson

I've never liked that needling by Danoh either, but you yourself are building a whole doctrine out of one line in a one-off situation, and it crumbles. He meant that he was trying to get as many of them to be the missionaries to the nations that he wanted. He did succeed in having about 200 ready by Pentecost. But this one line is not a hinge upon which turns all the great matters of the Bible, and ages and times, and God supposedly starting or stopping with one nation or another.

It is what God has done in Christ and continues to do in his mission that truly answers those things.

The Lost Sheep of Israel could be a throw away line. As per the post you didn't reply to affirms, the Time of Trouble is an End Time Event. I only point out that Jesus ONLY CAME to Minister to Israel, not to Gentiles. This does not mean he did not come to die for Gentiles Sins (our sins) it means simply that all of his prophesies and teaching were unto Jews. This is just a fact I am pointing out, that way it might help some to understand, this was not Jesus speaking about the Church looking for Jesus' Second Coming or the Church looking for the Rapture. This was about Jesus speaking to the Jewish peoples, and doing his DUTY as a Prophet, by telling both the BELIEVERS (Messianic Jews) and the NON BELIEVERS (Most of today's Jews) what their coming plight was to be. All of the Church will be Raptured, Paul tells US (Church) that in the Passage in 1 Corinthians 15, and Paul was the Disciple to the Gentiles, as HE MENTIONS. Jesus came to the Israelite's ONLY, his ministry was to JEWS ONLY, he prophesied about JEWS ONLY, as did all the Prophets, meaning that if Gentiles were spoken of or prophesied about, it had to have some COMMON THREAD with the Jews, Babylon was prophesied about, because they were to CONQUER ISRAEL, etc. etc.

Now after Jesus died, he did prophesy about future events in Revelation, but during his life, everything was about ISRAEL !! We can see this throughout the scriptures. Jesus told the Gentile woman that she was a dog, the woman said, but master, even the dogs eat crumbs, Jesus healed her daughter because of her persistent faith, HE DIDN'T SET OUT TO HEAL HER. Jesus didn't go to the Centurion, he came to Jesus, the woman at the well, came to Jesus. When Jesus sent out the 12 Disciples and the 70 with them, HE FORBADE them from going unto the Gentiles. Jesus' Ministry was unto ISRAEL ONLY. Its not just something that is contrived, its biblical. You guys put way to much emphasis on the Church. That was Paul's calling, not Jesus'.

So as you can see, it has nothing to do with the facts I mentioned in post 22, but it does explain why Jesus in Matthew 24 has to tell the SECOND COMING (verses 21-31) and the RAPTURE (verses 32-44). He is covering all of his Jewish brothers futures. That was HIS CALLING, the Lost sheep of Israel.

Matthew 24:14-31 is an End Times Event. I know everyone that believes the Abomination of Desolation was 2000 years ago just has to overlook the facts, but the facts are the facts, EXCEPT THOSE DAYS SHOULD BE SHORTENED, NO FLESH WOULD BE SAVED. The time of trouble as shown in post 22 is an END TIME EVENT, because in Daniel 12:1-2 we see that the Time of Trouble was at the same exact time as those that sleep AWAKE, AND THUS THAT = END TIMES EVENT.

Danoh

Geeeze

The point was the distinction between the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

It was why He mentioned "other sheep not of this fold" (as also mentioned in Ezekiel).

I was not "needling" you.

Interplanner

The Lost Sheep of Israel could be a throw away line. As per the post you didn't reply to affirms, the Time of Trouble is an End Time Event. I only point out that Jesus ONLY CAME to Minister to Israel, not to Gentiles. This does not mean he did not come to die for Gentiles Sins (our sins) it means simply that all of his prophesies and teaching were unto Jews. This is just a fact I am pointing out, that way it might help some to understand, this was not Jesus speaking about the Church looking for Jesus' Second Coming or the Church looking for the Rapture. This was about Jesus speaking to the Jewish peoples, and doing his DUTY as a Prophet, by telling both the BELIEVERS (Messianic Jews) and the NON BELIEVERS (Most of today's Jews) what their coming plight was to be. All of the Church will be Raptured, Paul tells US (Church) that in the Passage in 1 Corinthians 15, and Paul was the Disciple to the Gentiles, as HE MENTIONS. Jesus came to the Israelite's ONLY, his ministry was to JEWS ONLY, he prophesied about JEWS ONLY, as did all the Prophets, meaning that if Gentiles were spoken of or prophesied about, it had to have some COMMON THREAD with the Jews, Babylon was prophesied about, because they were to CONQUER ISRAEL, etc. etc.

Now after Jesus died, he did prophesy about future events in Revelation, but during his life, everything was about ISRAEL !! We can see this throughout the scriptures. Jesus told the Gentile woman that she was a dog, the woman said, but master, even the dogs eat crumbs, Jesus healed her daughter because of her persistent faith, HE DIDN'T SET OUT TO HEAL HER. Jesus didn't go to the Centurion, he came to Jesus, the woman at the well, came to Jesus. When Jesus sent out the 12 Disciples and the 70 with them, HE FORBADE them from going unto the Gentiles. Jesus' Ministry was unto ISRAEL ONLY. Its not just something that is contrived, its biblical. You guys put way to much emphasis on the Church. That was Paul's calling, not Jesus'.

So as you can see, it has nothing to do with the facts I mentioned in post 22, but it does explain why Jesus in Matthew 24 has to tell the SECOND COMING (verses 21-31) and the RAPTURE (verses 32-44). He is covering all of his Jewish brothers futures. That was HIS CALLING, the Lost sheep of Israel.

Matthew 24:14-31 is an End Times Event. I know everyone that believes the Abomination of Desolation was 2000 years ago just has to overlook the facts, but the facts are the facts, EXCEPT THOSE DAYS SHOULD BE SHORTENED, NO FLESH WOULD BE SAVED. The time of trouble as shown in post 22 is an END TIME EVENT, because in Daniel 12:1-2 we see that the Time of Trouble was at the same exact time as those that sleep AWAKE, AND THUS THAT = END TIMES EVENT.

The main confession of Peter in the center of the synoptics is to ground the church. He always was going to start the mission to the nations, because that is really what Gen 12 is about when read by Paul in Gal 3:8.

The 'coming to jesus' of certain people does not matter as much as what was said. Jn 4 pretty much ends your Israel only theory. "The hour is coming AND NOW IS..." in there twice, etc.

You have a slight point about the first half of Mt24 and its parallels, because it has to be about Israel's fate in the 1st century; no way to make that section about others. But you are mistaken to apply it to distant future from him. It was to happen in that generation, as biologically determined by when the nursing babes of Lk 23 would be adults.

Rondonmonson

The point was the distinction between the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

It was why He mentioned "other sheep not of this fold" (as also mentioned in Ezekiel).

I was not "needling" you.

I didn't say you was. I was just exasperated that you think Israel doesn't mean Israel. Remember, God hates DIVORCE, God didn't divide Israel, MEN DID. Israel is ONE TO GOD. Thus it is one to Jesus. Israel was the Father of ALL his children,not some. Its not how MEN THINK.....it is how GOD THINKS that matters.

The House of Israel is all 12 Tribes save the one God replaced.

Danoh

I didn't say you was. I was just exasperated that you think Israel doesn't mean Israel. Remember, God hates DIVORCE, God didn't divide Israel, MEN DID. Israel is ONE TO GOD. Thus it is one to Jesus. Israel was the Father of ALL his children,not some. Its not how MEN THINK.....it is how GOD THINKS that matters.

The House of Israel is all 12 Tribes save the one God replaced.

And round and round Believers go on all issues.

As for the other - I was pointing out that what what's his name said - about my supposedly needling you - was not true.

Rondonmonson

The main confession of Peter in the center of the synoptics is to ground the church. He always was going to start the mission to the nations, because that is really what Gen 12 is about when read by Paul in Gal 3:8.

The 'coming to jesus' of certain people does not matter as much as what was said. Jn 4 pretty much ends your Israel only theory. "The hour is coming AND NOW IS..." in there twice, etc.

You have a slight point about the first half of Mt24 and its parallels, because it has to be about Israel's fate in the 1st century; no way to make that section about others. But you are mistaken to apply it to distant future from him. It was to happen in that generation, as biologically determined by when the nursing babes of Lk 23 would be adults.

I have done an exegesis about the whole chapter of Matthew 24. I can just post it, this will be easier. This was me an another guy having a go on his very subject some time back.

The context is clear but do you miss the THREE QUESTIONS ?

Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. 3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The first question was about what Jesus had just said, the Temple being DESTROYED !! (When shall these things be?) The second question was what will be THE SIGN of your Coming......And the Third question was and what will be the SIGN (because they used AND) of the END OF THE WORLD. So they wanted to know about the Temples Destruction, and the SIGN of Jesus' coming and the SIGN of the End of the World.

You see, you only mentioned the END OF THE WORLD, I see much more, I see three questions being asked, and two are about SIGNS of Coming and the End of the World. Now think about this, if Jesus is going to give them a sign, wouldn't he walk them through the whole 2000 year period? I think he would, and clearly does. Mind you, I am the guy that says Revelation 19 happens at the same time as Rev. chapters 5-16, and Rev. 17 happens during Rev. 6 and 7 and Rev. 18 happens over the course of all the Seals, Trumpets and Vials, but ends in Rev. 16. LOL, so you saying that I think that just because something is WRITTEN FIRST.... Well, you get my point.

Lets go through a few of the verses to see why I believe as I do.

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

{ Jesus here is warning the Disciples not to be deceived, it is well known that the Rabbis/Pharisees in order to put down the "Jesus movement" and because they thought the Roman occupation was the END TIMES and that the Messiah would come to save them, put forth various Messiahs just before the Temple destruction. and Jerusalem being conquered by force after the rebellion. Jesus is telling his Disciples not to fall for the lies, many will come in my name, saying I am THE MESSIAH, not Jesus. And many will be deceived. }

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

{ Jesus here is informing his Disciples that they will hear of Wars and Rumors of wars, no doubt Jesus knew many of the Disciples would venture afar, thus they would not see this destruction of the Temple, some would, but many would just HEAR OF IT, but Jesus tells them, THIS IS NOT THE END !! Meaning that even though he Pharisees and Rabbis were looking for the Messiah to SAVE THEM, this was not the time of Jesus' return, thus he says, the END IS NOT YET !! Then Jesus seems to shift past the lives of the Disciples and into a futuristic, 2000 year period of time, when he speaks about Nations against Nations, Kingdoms against Kingdoms, Famines, Pestilences and Earthquakes, and he says these are the Beginnings of Sorrows !! The Greek word used for sorrows implies BIRTH PANGS, and this is Jesus telling the Disciples that all of these things MUST HAPPEN FIRST, and that will be the SIGN (BIRTH PANG) that the end is Near.

Then just as you stated, all scriptures coming later on, do not have to mean Jesus/others are inferring that they are always at a latter date, you have to understand the context. The next few verses, travel over this same 2000 year time period as verse 6 through 8, they had a different way of writing back then. It is what it is. Just Like we get Genesis told to us twice. One was the Creation of all things, chapter two was the Creation of Man. So the next few verses are first speaking about Jesus' Disciples.}

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

{ I think this is mainly Jesus telling his Disciples their coming fate. Many people would betray them, and most all of the Disciples would become Martyrs, save John and a couple of others, maybe. They don't kill you if they don't hate you.....after all right ? And no doubt, many betrayed them, like Judas betrayed Jesus. }

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

{ I think this is another 2000 year period, Jesus throws this in to let everyone know, there will be many FALSE PROPHETS (Jonestown, and many other cults like it have risen over the 2000 year Period since Jesus' death) and because of SIN (at the END TIMES right about the time of the Birth Pangs above) the love of MANY shall wax COLD.....Abortion, Murder at a crazy rate, for no reason in many cases, people BUMPED ME MAN (LOL) Really. Homosexuality being pushed as NORMAL. People do not understand what TRUE LOVE IS it seems. BUT...........Jesus says, out of all of these things I have described unto you all, (from verse 4 to 13) he that endures all things that might come upon him, he that KEEPS THE FAITH until the END (of his life) the same shall be SAVED. In other words if we turn from God/Jesus and return unto the world, we will be CAST OUT OF JESUS' Mouth, as Lukewarm. We must overcome Satan by the Blood of the Lamb, we can not turn back to living a sinful life, we must endure all of our temptations. It doesn't mean we will not SIN..........It just means we can not turn back unto a sinful lifestyle. WE MUST ENDURE IN CHRIST until the end. }

All this is why I believe as I do, I think its fairly clear that Jesus is explaining a multifaceted, three part question unto his disciples. This first part is about the Temple being destroyed and the 2000 year period until the End Time comes upon us. So this is the WHEN SHALL THESE THINGS BE part,(Question number 1.) since Jesus told them about the coming Temples Destruction. Then Jesus gave them the SIGNS (Birth Pangs) of what things would look like just before HIS COMING !!! I might as well finish this tonight.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, {whoso readeth, let him understand} 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

{ Verse 14 kind of belongs with verses 4-13, but it can also go on this side of the 2000 year divide. It straddles the gap so to speak. The Gospel must be preached unto all the World, then the END WILL COME !! This is real clear, once the Church has preached the Gospel unto all the world, FOR A WITNESS UNTO JESUS' SAVING GRACE, then, and only then can the End Times come upon us. Jesus then goes on to tell us/disciples about this END TIME PERIOD. He warns the Jewish Nation that when they see the Abomination of Desolation, spoken of by Daniel the Prophet, they should FLEE Jerusalem. THIS IS AN END TIME EVENT.........There is no doubt about that at all. Now Jesus must go further and tell them about the other two questions, when will the SIGN OF THY COMING BE and when will the END BE. }

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

{ Jesus is telling his Disciples, and thus the END TIME JEWISH PEOPLES, what to look for, he is telling them, HEY !! When you flee from Judea, and I protect you in that safe place (1260 days) DO NOT FALL for the Anti-Christ and False Prophets TRICKS, they will try and deceive you, to make you think that I (Jesus, they have accepted Jesus as their Messiah by this time, OR God wouldn't be protecting them in the Wilderness, Malachi 4:5-6 tells us this) have come and am in the Desert or in a Secret Chamber.........DO NOT GO TO THIS FALSE MESSIAH !! no doubt Jesus is implying that this Fake Messiah and False Prophet will kill you if you go to them. Jesus then tells them where to look for him when he RETURNS. I will be coming in the EASTERN SKIES......Amen. Jesus says if it were possible they will deceive the very ELECT (Jews who have become Christians or received their Messiah as Jesus) but it is NOT POSSIBLE, for I HAVE TOLD YOU !!! BOOM....... Next Jesus finally tells them about his Second Coming. }

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

{ So, Jesus tells the Jewish peoples the SIGNS of his Coming and WHEN THE END SHALL BE. This is the End of the Age. No Doubt. IMMEDIATELY AFTER the Tribulation of those days (Troubles/Jacobs Trouble), these SIGNS will be in the Sky and then you will see me coming in the Clouds from the East, and all the Tribes and Nations will see the Glory of My Coming. And the Angels will gather THE ELECT from the Four Corners of Heaven, [where the Church has been for SEVEN YEARS, marrying the Lamb] and we will Return on White Horses with Jesus Christ just as Rev. 19 says.}

Now Jesus has covered most all of the bases on the Jewish Nation, because 95 percent of them will not Receive the Lord Jesus Christ before the RAPTURE that Paul has spoken about in 1 Corinthians 15 and in other places. So now Jesus must cover the rest of the Jewish Peoples about the THREE QUESTIONS the Disciples asked him, after all, they were "Christians" and even if ONLY 5 PERCENT of the Jewish peoples are Messianic Jews/Christians when Jesus comes back to Rapture the Church, they still need to KNOW THEIR PLIGHT ALSO !! Right ?

So Matthew 32-44 tells about the coming Rapture of the Church, but I will only post verses 38-42, for it emphasizes everything that needs to be said, Jesus tells the Messianic Jews about their destiny, BELOW:

Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

{ This of course happens right before the TRIBULATION, or Jacobs Troubles. If they were in the TRIBULATION PERIOD, would they be DRINKING, MARRYING and having a gay ole time ? NO, HECK NO, that makes no sense, the Jewish Nation would be in hiding in the WILDERNESS, and the wicked men of earth would be trying to DODGE THE PLAGUES of Gods Wrath, there will be NO ONE who will be having fun just before Jesus' SECOND COMING !!!

Jesus then illustrates what can only be the Rapture, it CAN NOT be the Second Coming. He says TWO will be in the field and ONE will be taken and the OTHER WILL BE LEFT [Behind]. The same thing is spoken about with the women grinding at the mill, ONE will be taken and ONE LEFT BEHIND.

Then he says WATCH for you know not what hour when your Lord comes. Just like the Bride knew not what HOUR THE BRIDEGROOM CAME !! Aren't you starting to see the BIG PICTURE HERE ? We know when Jesus' Second Coming will be. Exactly 42 Months after the Anti-Christ commits the Abomination of Desolation, AND...we will all see him splitting (NOT ME I WILL BE WITH HIM, but I guess I will see it, just from a different perspective) the Eastern Skies, no one will be left behind, believe me, the Wicked will be DESTROYED, not left behind. }

So, as you can see, Jesus answers all three questions his Disciples asked him about. I don't just reply with a "BELIEF" , if something is my belief, I will say, this is my logical understanding. When God finally shows me or reveals His deep truths to me via the Holy Spirit, I know, that I know, that I know, that I know. BEFORE THAT, I never say, this is a fact.......If it is not from the Holy Spirit, it is just a mans opinion. The Holy Spirit leads us unto the truth, if we seek the truth. I know many brilliant men, MANY FRIENDS, who just can't seem to get knowledge from God, it seems they let their own ideas get in their way, some ask me, how does God show you these things Ron, and I tell them the truth, you have to be willing to be wrong before God can reveal His truths. Too many people have ideas that they can't seem to let go of, its called pride. We should all stop and think. I have heard 500 ideas about Revelation chapter 17. WHAT IS WRONG THERE? No unction of the Holy Spirit. Too many people have to be having THEIR OWN IDEAS !! That does't work. Only the Holy Spirit can lead us unto the Truths of God.

God Bless

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus then illustrates what can only be the Rapture, it CAN NOT be the Second Coming. He says TWO will be in the field and ONE will be taken and the OTHER WILL BE LEFT [Behind]. The same thing is spoken about with the women grinding at the mill, ONE will be taken and ONE LEFT BEHIND.

Its not the rapture.

It is--

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. (the second coming Rev.ch 10.)
Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Interplanner

Its not the rapture.

It is--

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. (the second coming Rev.ch 10.)
Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

The post about the rapture doesn't realize a couple things: 1st, taken is a bad thing in the context, as in taken away in the flood (same word).
2nd, what Jesus is referring to is the sweep of the country by zealots in the 1st century conflict. They would confiscate some people to help in the fight for liberation.

There is very little about a rapture in the NT and it is mostly written for the Thess situation, where Paul thought the final day of the Lord was really close. He simply meant that there was one way for already-dead believers to get to God's presence and another for those living. He was not trying to fit the rapture into an end of the world scheme of 15 events with German precision.

Rondonmonson

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This was to be done after Jesus' death. Jesus' ministry was to Israel only, thus his prophesies were about Israel only, in some manner. The Disciple Jesus sent forth were Jews. Jesus ministry was unto Israel ONLY. He then sent forth his disciples to the whole world.

Nothing I stated is different from what you posted just your perception.

Rondonmonson

Its not the rapture.

It is--

Rev. 18 has nothing to do with one left and one taken. That is the RAPTURE you guys don't believe in, even though its as clear as day in the bible. Rev. 18 is not even a real event. Rev. 16 is the end of the Battle, there is no Rev. 17, 18 and the only thing in Rev. 19 that is additional is the Anti-Christ and False Prophet being cast into hell. Rev. 16 says, IT IS DONE. The Battle of Armageddon finishes of the wicked of the world.

Rev. 17 happens at the time of Rev. 6 and 7. It is False Religion being destroyed.

Rev.18 is Babylon being destroyed by the Seals/Trumpets/Vials in all of those chapters and ends in Rev.16

Rev. 19 is the Church being married in Heaven and Jesus coming back to wipe out evil, he lands on the Mt. of Olives and destroys the Anti-Christ 10 Kings (Europe) and Kings of the East (Persia/Iran and most Arab countries).

The verse about COME OUT OF HER is about Jesus fleeing to the Wilderness, o they wont be hit with her plagues and Jews coming out of these wicked nations. The Church is in Heaven. Not believing in the Rapture sure throws it all out of kilter.

Rondonmonson

The post about the rapture doesn't realize a couple things: 1st, taken is a bad thing in the context, as in taken away in the flood (same word).
2nd, what Jesus is referring to is the sweep of the country by zealots in the 1st century conflict. They would confiscate some people to help in the fight for liberation.
This is conjecture. Paul says we will be changed in the TWINKLING OF AN EYE, and SNATCHED AWAY....That is a GOOD THING....Being left is a BAD THING.

There is very little about a rapture in the NT and it is mostly written for the Thess situation, where Paul thought the final day of the Lord was really close. He simply meant that there was one way for already-dead believers to get to God's presence and another for those living. He was not trying to fit the rapture into an end of the world scheme of 15 events with German precision.

Just not the case, there is PLENTY about the Rapture in the New Testament. And its very plain. Pa in 2 Thessalonian 2 was actually doing just the opposite, he was telling the Thessalonians not to worry about the Day of the Lord coming upon them, because first the Church had to DEPART, and then the Anti-Christ had to be REVEALED.

Paul was shown by the Holy Spirit, in the 3rd Heaven, he wasn't guessing. The Rapture is going to happen before the Seven Year Period of Daniels 70th Week starts. Then seven years later we are going to return with Jesus. These are just facts.

Danoh

Rondonmonson; from your earlier post - where you mentioned your understanding of "he that endures unto the end; the same shall be saved" it appears you hold to the understanding that you must do something to maintain your salvation or lose it (end up eternally lost) - is that correct?

If so, what is your understanding of passages like the following?

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Thanks, in advance.

ThreeAngels

Jesus came to the Lost sheep of Israel, only. Jesus had a duty to foretell to both the Messianic Jews and those Jews who would not believe, what their plight would be. Thus Jesus tells those that missed the Rapture, but imho, no doubt come to the Lord Jesus before the Abomination of Desolation happens, thus they heed Jesus' words to FLEE Judea. Jesus then warns them about a time of trouble like never before, (1260 days they are protected see Rev. 12). Jesus then warns them about Fake Christs/Messiahs and False Prophets, BUT WHY ?? Because of course thy want to trick Israel to come out of their protected zone, The Beast/Anti-Christ will just kill everyone else who doesn't worship him as God, hence he needs to deceive them to draw them out. That is why Jesus warns them, and tells hem basically, DON'T FALL FOR IT, you will see me coming in the Eastern Skies, immediately after the tribulation. So Matthew 24:21-31 is Jesus telling the Jewish people who were not believers before the Rapture what to look for.

Jesus then tells the Messianic Jews what to look for in Matthew 24:32-44, he tells them about two woman being in the field one is taken and the other is left. This of course is the Rapture. Jesus covers both bases.
The abomination of desolation (Mark 13:14) happened in A.D. 70 when the Roman armies under Titus pitched their idolatrous standards around Jerusalem. The area around the city to some distance was considered sacred. The disciples of Christ understood this to be the warning from Christ. For some reason, the Romans withdrew suddenly when they were about to capture the city and this gave Christ's disciples an opportunity to flee. The Jews pursued the Romans cutting off the rear of the fleeing armies. When the Romans later returned, they desolated the city, slaughtering a million Jews and talking the rest captive.
The beast who is also antichrist is the papacy and he slaughtered 50 million of God's children during the 1260 years (1260 days given by the prophecy represent 1260 literal years, taking a day for a year according to Num 14:34, Ezek 4:5) of his supremacy which lasted between 538 and 1798 A.D. when he was taken captive by Napoleon.
Jews are God's castaways and Christians are now reckoned as Jews. The bible gives plenty of evidence for this doctrine. I will quote some verses on this below.
They are not all Israel which are of Israel, neither because they are the seed of Abraham are they all children; but in Isaac shall thy seed be called; that is, they which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. Romans 9:6–8. Now we brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. Galatians 4:28. Abraham “is the father of us all as it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations.” Romans 4:16, 17. If ye be Christ’s then are ye Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:29. Gal 3:6,7 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Rondonmonson

The abomination of desolation (Mark 13:14) happened in A.D. 70 when the Roman armies under Titus pitched their idolatrous standards around Jerusalem. The area around the city to some distance was considered sacred. The disciples of Christ understood this to be the warning from Christ. For some reason, the Romans withdrew suddenly when they were about to capture the city and this gave Christ's disciples an opportunity to flee. The Jews pursued the Romans cutting off the rear of the fleeing armies. When the Romans later returned, they desolated the city, slaughtering a million Jews and talking the rest captive.
The beast who is also antichrist is the papacy and he slaughtered 50 million of God's children during the 1260 years (1260 days given by the prophecy represent 1260 literal years, taking a day for a year according to Num 14:34, Ezek 4:5) of his supremacy which lasted between 538 and 1798 A.D. when he was taken captive by Napoleon.
Jews are God's castaways and Christians are now reckoned as Jews. The bible gives plenty of evidence for this doctrine. I will quote some verses on this below.
They are not all Israel which are of Israel, neither because they are the seed of Abraham are they all children; but in Isaac shall thy seed be called; that is, they which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. Romans 9:6–8. Now we brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. Galatians 4:28. Abraham “is the father of us all as it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations.” Romans 4:16, 17. If ye be Christ’s then are ye Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:29. Gal 3:6,7 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

No it did not.

Rondonmonson

Rondonmonson; from your earlier post - where you mentioned your understanding of "he that endures unto the end; the same shall be saved" it appears you hold to the understanding that you must do something to maintain your salvation or lose it (end up eternally lost) - is that correct?

If so, what is your understanding of passages like the following?

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Thanks, in advance.
Yes, you must run the race, you must stay in the faith. You can not turn from Christ back unto the world. So do you think someone should be ale to say I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, then go run a brothel, and have 10 girlfriends on the side? Jesus said to the Luke Warm I will spew you out of my mouth.

Works do nothing for you, but like James says, FAITH without works is dead. It means if there is no FRUIT, there really is NO FAITH, its all MOUTH/TALK.

Saying I believe, doesn't mean you believe, if you really believed in Jesus you would pick up your cross and follow him.

Last edited: