ECT The letter for Hebrews

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord was slain on Passover. Was the Passover Lamb a sin offering, Lamont?

The Passover is for God's firstborn. Jesus not only died for the firstborn, but he died for everyone to redeem those who believe in him from suffering a second death, the penalty for sin. This sacrifice is referred to biblically as the Atonement, which refers to reconciliation with the Father.

Danoh

Still got 2P2P on the brain, huh? What if it wasn't?

2P2p.

What?

He stutters.

Oh. So what's he saying.

I got 2p.

What?

I said I got 2p.

Oh. Okay, back over there; the door to your left - say; while you're over there, could you do me a favor? See all those endless books about; could you throw them out, for me?

2p2p?

No; after you're done.

So who's on first?

Oh shut up!

SimpleMan77

The letter for Hebrews

I guess Paul didn't get the memo. He never uses that term in his epistles to describe the LORD Jesus Christ. 13 epistles; no Lamb.

1 Corinthians 5:7
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Passover sacrifice was a lamb.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
1 Corinthians 5:7
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Passover sacrifice was a lamb.
So what you're saying is that, in ALL of Paul's THIRTEEN epistles, he never even ONCE uses the word LAMB.

Who do you think that Paul is referring to when he goes on to say "Therefore let us keep the feast ..."?

SimpleMan77

So what you're saying is that, in ALL of Paul's THIRTEEN epistles, he never even ONCE uses the word LAMB.

Who do you think that Paul is referring to when he goes on to say "Therefore let us keep the feast ..."?

I'm saying that Paul refers to Christ as the lamb without using the word "lamb".

Jesus was the sacrifice that paid the price for us to leave the house of our bondage. We now "keep the feast" in a spiritual sense, not by observing a literal day.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul is referring to the Father's firstborn, those symbolically marked with the blood of Christ.

In Mark 14:24 KJV Jesus said, "This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many."

The new testament is the testimony of the Holy Spirit which began with Jesus' resurrection. This is the Pre-Acts Dispensation (PAD). This dispensation ends when Jesus ushers in the world to come.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul is referring to the Father's firstborn, those symbolically marked with the blood of Christ.

In Mark 14:24 KJV Jesus said, "This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many."

The new testament is the testimony of the Holy Spirit which began with Jesus' resurrection. This is the Pre-Acts Dispensation (PAD). This dispensation ends when Jesus ushers in the world to come.
So NOW you're a dispensationalist? :chuckle:

When the new covenant is in effect, there will be a believing Israel following the law with it in their hearts. They will have new Spirit and be the head of the nations.

Why is His blood of the new testament shed for MANY? Why not ALL?

Go CHOP some more verse, you deceiver.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm saying that Paul refers to Christ as the lamb without using the word "lamb".

Jesus was the sacrifice that paid the price for us to leave the house of our bondage. We now "keep the feast" in a spiritual sense, not by observing a literal day.

• So you're confirming that Paul never even ONCE called Jesus the Lamb of God.
  • "the house of our bondage"?
  • We have no feasts to keep, spiritual or otherwise.
  • Paul never writes of Jesus as "our high priest".
  • Paul never writes us as sheep (see Ezekiel 34 to see why Jesus called Israel His sheep and Himself the Good Shepherd).
  • Paul never writes about making disciples.
  • Paul is that OTHER different apostle.
  • Paul is Christs chosen vessel, why?

SimpleMan77

• So you're confirming that Paul never even ONCE called Jesus the Lamb of God.
  • "the house of our bondage"?
  • We have no feasts to keep, spiritual or otherwise.
  • Paul never writes of Jesus as "our high priest".
  • Paul never writes us as sheep (see Ezekiel 34 to see why Jesus called Israel His sheep and Himself the Good Shepherd).
  • Paul never writes about making disciples.
  • Paul is that OTHER different apostle.
  • Paul is Christs chosen vessel, why?

I'm confirming that Paul referred to Jesus as being the spiritual Passover lamb without using that terminology.

I'm confirming that Paul was completely consistent with the other post-Ascension epistle-writers 100%.

There are a thousand and one likenesses in the OT, many of them symbolic of the same things. As an individual Paul used the ones that spoke to him, and Peter used those that he saw something in.

Just like modern ministers - people preach the same scripture, and pull two, totally different-but-completely-complimentary truths out of it.

There is not one iota of difference doctrinally between Paul and the others.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm confirming that Paul referred to Jesus as being the spiritual Passover lamb without using that terminology.
So in THIRTEEN epistles, this is the ONLY time that Paul ALMOST writes about the Jesus being the Lamb of God?

I'm confirming that Paul was completely consistent with the other post-Ascension epistle-writers 100%.
So you don't believe that Paul spoke directly with the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ and received ANYTHING that was new? That's silly.

There are a thousand and one likenesses in the OT, many of them symbolic of the same things. As an individual Paul used the ones that spoke to him, and Peter used those that he saw something in.
Paul never uses the OT scripture to put the body of Christ under the old nor the new covenant.

Just like modern ministers - people preach the same scripture, and pull two, totally different-but-completely-complimentary truths out of it.
Modern "ministers" are a mess.
Paul received REVELATION from the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ.
Paul speaks of a mystery KEPT SECRET since the world began.
Peter speaks of prophets speaking of thing that were KNOWN since the world began.

There is not one iota of difference doctrinally between Paul and the others.
You are blind.

SimpleMan77

So in THIRTEEN epistles, this is the ONLY time that Paul ALMOST writes about the Jesus being the Lamb of God?

So you don't believe that Paul spoke directly with the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ and received ANYTHING that was new? That's silly.

No, Paul repeatedly references Jesus as being the sacrifice that redeemed us and brought us to God. The word "sacrifice" wasn't spoken into a vacuum - everyone got the connection. Jesus was the spotless, perfect lamb.

And I never, NEVER said that Paul didn't receive anything new by revelation. I said that he didn't receive anything DOCTRINALLY DIFFERENT.

Don't take my word for it, take Paul's. He said that the Apostles "in conference added nothing to me". In other words, they didn't disagree in the least with the message I was preaching. Here's how the Amplified version puts it:

"those [I say] who were of repute imposed no new requirements upon me [had nothing to add to my Gospel, and from them I received no new suggestions".

Right Divider

Body part
Not all will be firstborn. The Passover blood was always for the firstborn.
That's not what the chosen vessel wrote about our LORD:

1Tim 2:3-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:3) For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (2:4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (2:5) For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (2:6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. (2:7) Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, [and] lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

You need to update yourself with God's most recent revelation.

Interplanner

RD wrote:
You need to update yourself with God's most recent revelation.

Interesting how much that sounds like you use the NT to interp the OT!

SaulToPaul 2

IP reminds me of little Leon over in Mayberry; that little boy in the cowboy outfit who goes around offering everyone a bite of his sandwich no one takes him up on.

:rotfl:

IP wants to be a guru, but he offers nothing that we cannot get by reading books about the Bible, rather than the Bible itself.