musterion

Language warning.

Stop reading now.

You've been warned.

Islamophobia.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The Right's selective response to humanitarian tragedy, nicely illustrated

That time the United States happily airlifted thousands of Muslim refugees out of Europe

imrs.php

It was May 6, 1999, and the United States had just received its first airlifted refugees from Kosovo, fleeing the violence of troops loyal to Serbian leader Slobodan Milosevic. In total, the United States had agreed to take in 20,000 or so refugees. The vast majority of these people, if not all, were Muslims.

"The numbers we are dealing with are enormous," Spencer Abraham, then a Republican United States senator from Michigan, acknowledged when talking about the crisis before the Senate Judiciary Committee that April.

Language warning:

Stop reading now.

You've been warned.

"Yet, with large numbers it is often possible to lose the full picture of human tragedy, the human face, for behind every number, every statistic, there is a story to be heard."

musterion

There's that mysterious stench of childish rage and sobbing again. I think I even hear the enraged shaking of tiny impotent fists.

Huh. Weird. Don't see anything.

Alate_One

There's that mysterious stench of childish rage and sobbing again. I think I even hear the enraged shaking of tiny impotent fists.

Huh. Weird. Don't see anything.

Yeah your only response is self delusion and name calling. That speaks to someone unable to actually engage in the topic at hand.

There are certainly bigots in both parties, however, Republicans in this past election cycle have clearly vaulted themselves ahead of Democrats as mainstreaming prejudiced and fear of those different from themselves.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
They've called everyone and everything one of the following: racist, sexist, bigoted. And they've been doing it for years.

It's arbitrary, they have no sensible palette- they simply say and do whatever will impress weak minds to get involved in their agenda to throw America to the world.

Greg Jennings

The cartoon is so interesting because it's so accurate.

I'm not saying that too many Muslims worldwide don't think that way, but it's not accurate for American Muslims. I've never met a single one who espoused those "values" that you listed.

However, they do ask for the guy who cuts their barbecue to clean off the knife first. Those rapscalions

Alate_One

So much whiny hatred and bigotry among TOLs leftists. So very un-self-aware.

Nah Trump is the worst sore winner I've ever seen. Still arguing about his win.

Said Trump: “Campaigning to win the Electoral College is much more difficult and sophisticated than the popular vote. Hillary focused on the wrong states!”

He added: “I would have done even better in the election, if that is possible, if the winner was based on popular vote — but would campaign differently.”

Someone call the Trump Whaambulance. :p

Daniel1769

The left also apparently thinks that women and minorities can't take care of themselves. They talk as if minorities are incapable of doing anything unless the professional left is there to have the government do it for them. It's like they think minorities are inferior. My grandfather was Mexican and he did just fine without Nancy Pelosi and Amy Shumer handing him anything.