ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

john w

Hall of Fame

"Here we read that the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the Israelites for ever. And the Israelites "shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob.." Therefore, in the future the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the children of Israel for evermore at the time they will dwell in the land that God gave to Jacob."-JS

That Sanctuary is the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Temple,..............

You fraud, as you can "prove" anything with these "spiritual" gymnastics, back flips,....

You: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, which is Jesus Christ, the Temple...........

Malachi 3:1 KJV Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

Your "version:"

Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, which is himself, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, to himself, saith the Lord of hosts.

Sit, you deceitful con artist.

TweetyBird

You fraud, as you can "prove" anything with these "spiritual" gymnastics, back flips,....

Jesus said He was the Temple.

You: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, which is Jesus Christ, the Temple...........

You must be referring to someone else - I did not say that.

John 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? 19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Revelation 21:22
And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

john w

Hall of Fame

Sophistry:

Ezekiel 41:23 KJV

And the temple and the sanctuary had two doors.

You: And "Jesus" and the sanctuary, which is "Jesus," had two doors.

Hebrews 13:11 KJV For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.

You: For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary , which is "Jesus," by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.

You wicked fraud.

musterion

john w

Hall of Fame
John 7:28 KJV Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.

You: Then cried Jesus in the temple, which is Himself, as he taught, in the temple, which is Himself, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.

john w

Hall of Fame
John 8:2 KJV And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

You: And early in the morning he came again into the temple, which is Himself, and all the people came unto him, which is Himself, not a physical temple,, as described throughout the Old Testament,and he sat down, and taught them.

Scammer.

john w

Hall of Fame

John 8:59 KJV Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

You: Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of Himself,the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Con artist.

john w

Hall of Fame
If Christ is the Temple, then was He destroyed in 70 AD?

It is "spiritual," not "literal," don't you know, musty?Even though the opposite of spiritual, is not literal, but natural.

And don't you know, musty, that a word cannot mean but one thing, all the time, acccording to the dirty bird Tweety, and that the bible does not convey spiritual truths, via literal things, events, people?

John 10:23 KJV And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

Tweety dirty bird:

And Jesus walked in the temple, which is Himself, in Solomon's porch.

Jerry Shugart

The NT does not say one word about the Jews getting their physical property back. It states that Jesus Christ is the end goal, an eternal place of rest, promise, peace and joy. All in Christ are being built into a spiritual habitation, regardless of ethnicity. This concept is shown throughout the NT.

Let us look at the NT and see for ourselves. Is not the Lord Jesus going to began to sit upon His throne when He returns to the earth?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

Of course He will! But since you have no place for that reign in your eschatology you must somehow get rid of His plain words there.

When He will be reigning on the earth His saints will sit with Him in His throne and will reign with Him:

"And hast made us unto our God a kingdom of priests: and we shall reign on the earth" (Rev.5:10).​

Since the Christian will reign with Him on the earth and sit with Him on His throne, then it is certain that His throne will be on the earth. And the Twelve will sit upon twelve thrones in the kingdom and they will judge the twelve tribes of Israel:

"That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (Lk.22:30).​

It will be when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth when the kingdom will be set up:

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand" (Lk.21:27-31).​

Not only that, the Apostles were with the Lord after His resurrection for forty days while He tutored them on the kingdom (Acts 1:3). And they thought that the kingdom would be restored to Israel:

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?" (Acts 1:6).​

If they were in error for thinking that surely the Lord Jesus would have corrected them. But He did no such thing and He only told them that they were not to know the time when it would happen.

So since the kingdom will be restored to Israel it is certain that they will get their physical property back.

Perhaps you are willing to argue that the kingdom will be restored to Israel but they will not possess the land which the Lord gave Jacob?

Jerry Shugart

2 Cor 1:20

[FONT="]Forall the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us[/FONT]

Yes, all the promises of God in Him are yea!

A.W. Fausset writes: "How many soever be the promises of God, in Him is the "yea" ("faithfulness in His word": contrasted with the "yea and nay," 2Cr 1:19, that is, inconstancy as to one's word)."

This interpretation does not make the Lord a liar but your interpretation does!

beloved57

jerry

Yes, all the promises of God in Him are yea!

Yes, so they are spiritual, heavenly, not carnal ! The Land is a Heavenly Heb 11:16

[FONT=&quot]But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

The Davidic Promise is nothing more than an extension of the Abrahamic Promise of a Land , its not earthly land at all, you have been deceived by you know who ![/FONT]

Jerry Shugart

Yes, so they are spiritual, heavenly, not carnal ! The Land is a Heavenly Heb 11:16

So the land which the Lord gave Jacob is a heavenly land?

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people"
(Ez.37:25-27).​

Here we read that the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the Israelites for ever. And the Israelites "shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob.." Therefore, in the future the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the children of Israel for evermore at the time they will dwell in the land that God gave to Jacob.

That land is on the earth and not in heaven!

beloved57

js

Here we read that the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the Israelites for ever. And the Israelites "shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob.." Therefore, in the future the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the children of Israel for evermore at the time they will dwell in the land that God gave to Jacob.

Thats a Heavenly Land fulfilled in Christ and the Church. You know Abrahams physical seed Israel are not the heirs of Promise Rom 9:8

[FONT=&quot]That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The physical seed Israel, is not the Lords people Israel to whom the promise was made 2 Sam 7:10

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,

Gods People Israel are them He foreknew Rom 11:2

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

But the physical nation Israel was cast away Rom 11:15

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For if the [/FONT]casting away of them[The physical nation israel] be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Jerry Shugart

jerry shugart

I thought you were speaking of a future promise of land, not a past. Which one is it ?

Of course the prophecy I quoted is in regard to a future promise:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people"
(Ez.37:25-27).​

Here we read that the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the Israelites for evermore, and that when they are living in the land the Lord gave to Jacob.

Since that has not yet happened then common sense dictates that the promise remains in the future.

Do you believe that? If not, why?

Thanks!

beloved57

js

Of course the prophecy I quoted is in regard to a future promise:

Thats fulfilled in Christ, and its heavenly !

The earthly land promised to Jacob has been already fulfilled Josh 23:15

[FONT=&quot]herefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] your God [/FONT]promised you; so shall the Lord bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the Lord your God hath given you.

Neh 9:23

Their children also multipliedst thou as the stars of heaven,
and broughtest them into the land, concerning which thou hadst promised to their fathers, that they should go in to possess it.

So God kept that Promise, however their is yet to be fulfilled the land promise to Abraham's and Davids Spiritual Seed through Christ ! Thats an Heavenly Land !