ECT The Holy Con Artists

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think that LA has an actual Bible.
Mat 4:7 KJV Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Joh 20:28-29 KJV And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Same two words used to describe the Father and the Son. Did Jesus "correct" Thomas' "incorrect" understanding? No, Thomas understood and LA does not.

The word Lord there means master, not Yahweh.

The word God there does not mean creator, only supreme heavenly ruler.

The Christians husband is not Yahweh.

The Christians husband is the man Jesus Christ, the son of God.

You really need to do some serious homework instead of being MAD.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John 20:28 Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Interesting of this verse, you get taught in Sunday school of Thomas lacking something, as if of some low faith, a lesser apostle, chastised for not believing. "Don't be a doubting Thomas!", they would say. What is interesting, of an adult faith, "My Lord and my God!" is the most exalted profession of Jesus Christ by anybody, up to that point, in the Bible chronology. Up to that point, who else professes the Lord Jesus as Lord and God? Also, that Thomas was discouraged and skeptical wasn't really a bad reflection on his love for Jesus.

Something else I love about Thomas is this statement, John 11:16 Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him. There's a man who means business, John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

We could all do worse that this "doubting Thomas" we're taught of.

You need to examine what Thomas did actually say.

Thomas said---

The master of me and the theos of me.

This does not equate to all the extra things men are saying of it.

before Christ's death Thomas knew Jesus the man and all the disciples wondered what sort of man he was.

The Father of Jesus who did the works and whose words He spoke was not seen by the disciples, but after the resurrection they saw the resurrected Christ transformed and forever in the Fathers Presence.

It is the Father Presence which made Him God, and Thomas delineated the two things in his words.

LA

Right Divider

Body part

The Christians husband is not Yahweh.

The Christians husband is the man Jesus Christ, the son of God.

You really need to do some serious homework instead of being MAD.

LA
So YOU don't think that Matt 4:7 is talking about Yahweh?

You are DENSE.

Read it again:
Mat 4:7 KJV Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Joh 20:28-29 KJV And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Do you know WHERE it is written?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So YOU don't think that Matt 4:7 is talking about Yahweh?

You are DENSE.

Read it again:

The devil wanted Jesus to temp His God. Jesus refused.

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

LA​

God's Truth

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

LA

There is only one God, and He is the Father.

Jesus is the Word of God, and is God.

Jesus is God made visible.

Jesus is God made visible in heaven, and on earth as a Man.

ZacharyB

Try me on a couple from the creeds.
Couldn't care less about any of the old Creeds!
First of all, how many of the men who wrote the Creeds
had Jesus given "the baptism (anointing) with the Holy Spirit"?

Understanding of Scripture is deeper for those who have this baptism.
This is not surprising because ...
ALL of the NT church leaders (Eph 4:11) had this baptism,
and each of them had one or more of the 9 spiritual power gifts (1 Cor 12).

All I care about is what is revealed in Scripture.
Would you like to see a list of all of the Scriptures teaching Jesus is God?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Couldn't care less about any of the old Creeds!
First of all, how many of the men who wrote the Creeds
had Jesus given "the baptism (anointing) with the Holy Spirit"?

Understanding of Scripture is deeper for those who have this baptism.
This is not surprising because ...
ALL of the NT church leaders (Eph 4:11) had this baptism,
and each of them had one or more of the 9 spiritual power gifts (1 Cor 12).

All I care about is what is revealed in Scripture.
Would you like to see a list of all of the Scriptures teaching Jesus is God?

My beef has always been with what the trinitarian doctrine teaches in its creeds, which most adhere to.

There are no scriptures stating Jesus is the creator, it is only inferred by the KJV twisters, yet there are many verses showing Jesus is not the creator. Jesus is IN the creator, and the creator is in Him, the man.

Go ahead with the list in a new thread.

Do about five at a time.

LA

Right Divider

Body part

LA
Yes, my point EXACTLY.

And yet YOU say

Read it again:

So you think that Matt 4:7 is NOT referring to Yahweh when it calls Him as BOTH Lord and God?

And you think that the "supreme heavenly ruler" is NOT Yahweh?

You are DENSE and an devil.

P.S. I guess that you still do NOT know WHERE it is written!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, my point EXACTLY.

And yet YOU say

Read it again:

So you think that Matt 4:7 is NOT referring to Yahweh when it calls Him as BOTH Lord and God?

And you think that the "supreme heavenly ruler" is NOT Yahweh?

You are DENSE and an devil.

P.S. I guess that you still do NOT know WHERE it is written!

Jesus is the man raised up by God to be the supreme Heavenly ruler over the new creation.

Jesus came in His Fathers name, not His own name, but the Fathers name has been given to Him.

That does not make Jesus to be His own Father, and it does not make Jesus to be the creator which His Father is.

Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

How did you ever get to think you are of the seed of Abraham, when you post just like the sons of Lot.

LA

ZacharyB

Jesus is a man.
Yes, Gabriel instructed Joseph to call the Baby ... "Jesus" ... which means Savior.
But, the Word (i.e. God) who came from heaven was inside this Baby.
(The Holy Spirit was involved in this "miracle".)
All of this is clearly written in the NT.

Hence, we say that this Baby was a Combo ... He was the "God-man".
Simple.

Except, did the Word enter the Baby before or after birth?
Couldn't care less.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But, the Word (i.e. God) who came from heaven was inside this Baby.

Not that your conclusion on this matter is wrong, but that isn't what the Bible says. It says the Word became flesh. The Word became that baby.

ZacharyB

Not that your conclusion on this matter is wrong, but that isn't what the Bible says. It says the Word became flesh. The Word became that baby.
Yes, I think the RCC believes every atom/molecule of the man Jesus was the Word.
I haven't delved into this.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The word became flesh through God speaking His word, not by birth in Mary, as also previously promised.

When God speaks to you then you will know what it is like, and how it produces Christ in you, and grows as Christ did.

LA