The Gospel Verses the Law and Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Without the Gospel and faith in what Jesus accomplished in your name and on your behalf, you are lost.

You never teach Christ. All you teach is hate and contention. There is no indication of the Holy Spirit in your life.
=more spam

john w

Hall of Fame
Without the Gospel and faith in what Jesus accomplished in your name and on your behalf, you are lost.

You never teach Christ. All you teach is hate and contention. There is no indication of the Holy Spirit in your life.
You deny, on record, Pate, that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, deceiver.

Robert Pate

Banned
You deny, on record, Pate, that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, deceiver.

Of course Christ died for our sins and not just our sins, but the sins of the whole world 1 John 2:2.

You tell a lot of lies about me. Which is more indication that you are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

clefty

A testament is only in force when the testator dies. Their blood flips the switch. Christ's blood 'flipped the switch' on the new testament, the New Covenant. It's interesting 'whose' blood 'flipped the switch' on the first testament, isn't it? Cf. Hebrews 9:18 KJV.

Hmmmm...notice how the new covenant was toasted to a room full of jews...not a gentile amongst them...

Notice too how He modeled and taught how the New Testament life should look and be...His life was an example as to how we are to live and then after He testates it He is killed...

And once the covenant is signed (by His blood) and sealed (by His death) nothing can be added or removed since the testator has died...

So why so many changes to that sealed testemant? I mean seriously...make a two column chart of the differences between the modern church and how He lived...and the early church...

The changes were made after His death and long after the apostles lived...changes forbidden to a sign and sealed testament...

WWJD? Not eat Sunday Ham dinners...ya dig?

john w

Hall of Fame

=word-for-word spam, copy'npaste, that this devil child litters, to everyone, that challenges his perversions.

clefty

Another duplicate thread, by deceiver Pate, spamming this "The law has been destroyed/abolished/made void/eliminated/done away with," "vicarious law keping," that is from the pits of hell, as this demon just is addicted to attention. This thread he started this week....

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?131329-Evidence-of-the-Indwelling-Holy-Spirit

...I reported, and was shut down by the mods. I am also reporting this thread.

KNOCK IT OFF, Pate.

Ha...but at least there are some different posters on this thread...

I dont mind more threads to expose jewish lies and false witnesses...that is what poor Bob is allowing me to do...continuing the same tired lies and false accusations jews had that Stephen and Paul taught against “their customs of Moses”...

Christianity floods the globe with it what is one more silly thread?

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Of course Christ died for our sins and not just our sins, but the sins of the whole world 1 John 2:2.

You tell a lot of lies about me. Which is more indication that you are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

No, you assert that He died to destroy the law, so that there would be no law, that defines the transgression/sin.You assert, on record, that there are no sins, that can be charged to you, or anyone, as the law that defines sins, does not exist-abolished/made void/gone/destroyed.

Pate: The law no longer exists, so no one can be charged with a sin debt, which defines the transgression/sin, so there are no sins, in the world, for which Christ needed to die.

Pate, asserts, on record, that Christ died in vain.

Pate: Abolish the law against speeding,murder, rape, theft...... so that there is no penalty for breaking a law that does not exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The law against these crimes(sin) is contrary to us, all of society, not the penalty/debt for breaking these laws!!!!!Abolish them!!!!Abolish the bad law of God, which is not holy, not good, not spiritual, which Paul did not delight in, and was drunk, when he said "God forbid" as to whether the law was void,as these laws are against us, not the sin debt for breaking them, and thus I need no Saviour to pay my penalty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not the problem!!!! The law is!!!!!It is contrary to all of us/me, not the resulting penalty!!!!!I need no one to die for my sins-there are none, as the law does not exist, to define sin!!!!!The solution is to abolish the law, not have someone like this "Jesus" pay my fine/sin debt, by dying in my place, paying my sin debt!!!!!

On record, from the pits of hell.

clefty

Yes.

The Old Testament (originally written in Hebrew) was translated into Greek for the Great Library of Alexandria in Alexandria, Egypt, sometime within the 400 years between where the Old Testament ends and the New Testament begins (which was shortly before Christ's birth in around the year 4 B.C.). It is called the Septuagint.

Jesus and the Apostles used the Septuagint.

:thumb:

:red: :red: :red:

Of course there's a need for it. It's the tutor to bring people TO CHRIST!

Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. - Galatians 3:24-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:24-25&version=NKJV

Paul says that once someone has faith in Christ, they don't need the law.

But not everyone has faith, therefore the tutor is STILL NEEDED!

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:31&version=NKJV

No, that is not why Paul wrote that.

Paul wrote that for the OPPOSITE reason.

You should read the whole paragraph.

But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust. - 1 Timothy 1:8-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy1:8-11&version=NKJV

:idunno:

The law has not been destroyed PERIOD.

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:31&version=NKJV

As far as I'm aware, RP, Saint [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] is in fact a believer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course, Sir John.

Nice work there...

It has been my experience that most Christians are ok with the 10 commandments...well certainly 9 of them...

Insist on the Sabbath and the whole thing falls apart for them and suddenly its we are only under grace or some new something or different...fulfilled no longer necessary something...

clefty

I agree that the law is for unbelievers, but it is not for Christians. Why is it you claim to be a Christian but you don't believe the Bible? The Bible plainly teaches that the law has been abolished for the believer, What do you think Paul meant when he said... "The law is not made for the righteous man?" 1 Timothy 1:9.

I will tell you why the law is not for Christians.
The law is not for Christians because they are called to live by the Holy Spirit. To live by the Spirit is to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We have been made perfect and complete "In Christ". When God looks at us all that he can see is his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 3:3. Spiritually we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven.

Yes yes...because the Holy Spirit causes us to live outside His Law...contrary to it...of course we don’t live in its accordance...the Holy Spirit wishes to divide the house...undermine the Father...create an apartheid state with two sets of laws and citizens...

Being made “perfect and in Him” sets us apart from the law...we are law less...we dont need a standard...there is nothing expected of us...when He said He comes with a reward for our GOOD works...HE LIED...

you say ”My Good works? Whatever gimme that promise “...you act like there is no border and no citizenship to this kingdom

Last edited:

clefty

He keeps spamming this lunatic, dementia induced "logic," i.e., the law is for unbelievers, as it leads the lost to know what sin is, serves as a schoolmaster to lead the lost to Christ(which is true, and what I have been teaching, for years),but it no longer exists, has been destroyed, has been eliminated, has been made void, has been abolished, has been done away with, as has the Old Testament, as he butchers/corrupts, the meaning of the words "abolish/destroyed/void."

Recommended avatar for Pate:

cuckoo-cuckoo550x382.jpg

The irony...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/cuckoos-arent-secretly-jerks-theyre-just-jerks-180951916/

Robert just barges into other nests lays his eggs all over the TOL and expects us to raise them...

No respecter of law that one...

Robert Pate

Banned

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes yes...because the Holy Spirit causes us to live outside His Law...contrary to it...of course we don’t live in its accordance...the Holy Spirit wishes to divide the house...undermine the Father...create an apartheid state with two sets of laws and citizens...

Being made “perfect and in Him” sets us apart from the law...we are law less...we dont need a standard...there is nothing expected of us...when He said He comes with a reward for our GOOD works...HE LIED...

you say ”My Good works? Whatever gimme that promise “...you act like there is no border and no citizenship to this kingdom

You read, but you don't understand. The Holy Spirit is far superior than the law, especially a law that's been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Why do you want to be condemned by the law?

clefty

You are playing Russian roullete with your eternal soul.

If you go into the judgment under the law, you will most certainly perish. To be under the law is to be under the judgment of God, Galatians 3:10.

The way you abuse scripture twist and torture it...

Read further that passage and slowly:

“Yet the law is not of faith, BUT “the man who does them shall live by them.” (That is a huge but...)
13 Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE...”

What has He redeemed us from? NOT THE LAW but its curse...

He was clear that as to abolishing the Law...THINK NOT...but here you are doing exactly that...

clefty

You read, but you don't understand. The Holy Spirit is far superior than the law, especially a law that's been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Why do you want to be condemned by the law?

You EXACTLY get this wrong every time...

Paul was speaking of the law found in ordinances jews made to make a wall between themselves and the gentiles who believed...literally a wall was found in the temple to pen those believing gentiles away from the jews...Paul was addressing that law found in ordinances that seperated the believing gentiles from the jews:

“11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.”

What was abolished was this enmity of jews to believing gentiles...THAT was abolished...you as a gentile who believed could now be reconciled with the jew and be made ONE NEW MAN IN HIMSELF for IN HIM both jew and gentile have access to the Father of us both.

Paul also elsewhere described gentiles as grafted into the trunk and now we are citizens of the heavenly kingdom of israel...His LAWFUL kingdom

So please note the irony of you parroting ad nauseous that the law was abolished when actually the one abolished was JEW MADE which prevented you from keeping the rest...LOL but now you are able to and should WANT to as a permitted sovereign citizen of Israel...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I agree that the law is for unbelievers, but it is not for Christians.

Why is it you claim to be a Christian but you don't believe the Bible?

Loaded question.

I'm a Christian and I do believe the Bible.

The Bible plainly teaches that the law has been abolished for the believer,

No, it doesn't.

It says it no longer APPLIES to the believer.

It has not been abolished, PERIOD.

What do you think Paul meant when he said... "The law is not made for the righteous man?" 1 Timothy 1:9.

He meant exactly what he said.

That the law was not made for the righteous, but for the wicked.

He ALSO said:

For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. . . . What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! - Romans 6:14-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans6:14-15&version=NKJV

Pate, if you unlock the gate to a prison cell, and let the man inside go, have you abolished or destroyed or made void the cell he was in?

NO! OF COURSE NOT!

In the same way, when a man places his trust in Christ, he is FREED from the law, which held him captive, yet the law is still there!

I will tell you why the law is not for Christians.

I don't think that it is for Christians. So... :blabla:

The law is not for Christians because they are called to live by the Holy Spirit. To live by the Spirit is to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We have been made perfect and complete "In Christ". When God looks at us all that he can see is his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 3:3. Spiritually we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven.

:blabla:

Robert Pate

Banned

Loaded question.

I'm a Christian and I do believe the Bible.

No, it doesn't.

It says it no longer APPLIES to the believer.

It has not been abolished, PERIOD.

He meant exactly what he said.

That the law was not made for the righteous, but for the wicked.

He ALSO said:

For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. . . . What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! - Romans 6:14-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans6:14-15&version=NKJV

Pate, if you unlock the gate to a prison cell, and let the man inside go, have you abolished or destroyed or made void the cell he was in?

NO! OF COURSE NOT!

In the same way, when a man places his trust in Christ, he is FREED from the law, which held him captive, yet the law is still there!

I don't think that it is for Christians. So... :blabla:

You have the same sour spirit as John W. It does nothing for your witness for Christ and his Gospel.

I agree with you 100%. But John W. and clefty do not agree with you, yet you side with them. Maybe you are trying to be popular with them.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have the same sour spirit as John W. It does nothing for your witness for Christ and his Gospel.

I agree with you 100%. But John W. and clefty do not agree with you, yet you side with them. Maybe you are trying to be popular with them.

I honestly don't care if someone agrees with me or not.

I'm here to share the Truth.

clefty

This is why you are so unique... most christians believe 9 of the 10 still exist...most christians still believe 9 of the 10 still apply to them...but you are brave enough to say what really is at their hearts...

100% rebellion...

that NONE of the Law even exists...nevermind applies...

You believe that jewish lie and false witness that Stephen and Paul taught the cross not only changed the law but abolished it...

Robert Pate

Banned
You EXACTLY get this wrong every time...

Paul was speaking of the law found in ordinances jews made to make a wall between themselves and the gentiles who believed...literally a wall was found in the temple to pen those believing gentiles away from the jews...Paul was addressing that law found in ordinances that seperated the believing gentiles from the jews:

“11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.”

What was abolished was this enmity of jews to believing gentiles...THAT was abolished...you as a gentile who believed could now be reconciled with the jew and be made ONE NEW MAN IN HIMSELF for IN HIM both jew and gentile have access to the Father of us both.

Paul also elsewhere described gentiles as grafted into the trunk and now we are citizens of the heavenly kingdom of israel...His LAWFUL kingdom

So please note the irony of you parroting ad nauseous that the law was abolished when actually the one abolished was JEW MADE which prevented you from keeping the rest...LOL but now you are able to and should WANT to as a permitted sovereign citizen of Israel...

What Paul was saying is that there is now no difference between Jews and Gentiles because the law has been abolished. It was the law that separated the Jews from the Gentiles.

The enmity is the law. The law works wrath.

"Because the law works wrath: for where there is no law there is no transgression" Romans 4:15.

This is why the law has been abolished for Christians.

clefty

What Paul was saying is that there is now no difference between Jews and Gentiles because the law has been abolished. It was the law that separated the Jews from the Gentiles.
nope...the 4 rules given to gentiles to merely hear Moses read to them every Sabbath were already in the OT...you think only Jews were given the Law? All of Israel was and amongst them were gentiles who also believed...ONE LAW...for native and foreigner alike...

It was jewish lies and deception that kept His house from being a house of prayer for all nations...IS WHY He was sent to save WHOSOEVER believe in Him...

The enmity is the law. The law works wrath.
the only wrath it works is the Lawgiver’s towards those who break His law...ok and those who wish to live lawless they are easily given to wrath...

"Because the law works wrath: for where there is no law there is no transgression" Romans 4:15.

This is why the law has been abolished for Christians.
right His Wrath is wroth by sin which is transgression of His Law...the Law reveals SIN is why His Wrath...

Would be like me stealing your car and then reminding you that you're only upset because you have a law to dont steal

Or me killing your loved ones and then reminding you its your own fault you are upset...just accept there is no law against killing...

No law is no sin...thus no need of Savior...

Status
Not open for further replies.