The Gospel that Reconciled the WHOLE WORLD unto God

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Right, It was the obedience of Jesus...

Jesus said, "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:20)

Those who love Jesus keep his commandments, those who don't, don't. (John 14:15)

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus said, "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:20)

Those who love Jesus keep his commandments, those who don't, don't. (John 14:15)

Sinners which you are one of, can't keep the commandments, Romans 3:23.

Robert Pate

Banned
We are justified without the deeds of the law. (Romans 3:28)

Why do you not observe the context of what is being explained?

The deeds of the law are any religious thing that you do. What this means is that there is nothing that you can do to justify yourself. Jesus and Jesus alone is God's justifier, Romans 3:26.

beloved57

The deeds of the law are any religious thing that you do. What this means is that there is nothing that you can do to justify yourself. Jesus and Jesus alone is God's justifier, Romans 3:26.

You teach sinners Christ died for are lost until they do something !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

You missed Paul's point, you called me a sinner as if that meant something.

We sin because we are not born with God's Spirit that enables us to overcome sin.

I was baptized and my sins were remitted as if they never happened.

How about you? Do your sins remain?

Robert Pate

Banned
You missed Paul's point, you called me a sinner as if that meant something.

We sin because we are not born with God's Spirit that enables us to overcome sin.

I was baptized and my sins were remitted as if they never happened.

How about you? Do your sins remain?

No, you sin because you are born after Adam, Romans 5:12.

Baptism does not remit sin.

God sees me as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It doesn't. You just want to believe that it does so that you can get around Christ.

Peter revealed the keys to the kingdom, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

Baptism and the holy Spirit are complementary, we don't have one without the other.

Robert Pate

Banned
Peter revealed the keys to the kingdom, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

Baptism and the holy Spirit are complementary, we don't have one without the other.

Well, now you are A Church of Christ. They also believe that you must be baptized to be saved.

To be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ means that you identifying with Christ in his life, death and resurrection. Going down in the water means that you are dying with Christ. Coming up out of the water means that you have been resurrected with Christ. It is much more than just getting wet.

Nanja

Well, now you are A Church of Christ. They also believe that you must be baptized to be saved.

To be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ means that you identifying with Christ in his life, death and resurrection. Going down in the water means that you are dying with Christ. Coming up out of the water means that you have been resurrected with Christ. It is much more than just getting wet.

They that are in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

beloved57

The reason that those in the flesh cannot please God is because they heard the Gospel and rejected it, or they have never heard the Gospel.

False comments not in scripture. Those Christ died for are saved, reconciled to God even while they are being enemies Rom 5:10

Nanja

The reason that those in the flesh cannot please God is because they heard the Gospel and rejected it, or they have never heard the Gospel.

A person must be Born of God to hear the Gospel which is God's Words.

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Before New Birth nothing you do pleases God Rom. 8:8, because the carnal mind is enmity against God Rom. 8:7.