The GOOD news is God's power unto salvation

IMJerusha

Then does that assume you do not believe He gave living water to the woman at the well?

Doesn't say if she took it. She ran off to tell everyone what Yeshua said and called her on her sin but just as you said, there is no mention of her repentance. That does not negate the Good News message but Tottie stated "like when...." but there is no indication of the Samaritan woman's belief.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Doesn't say if she took it. She ran off to tell everyone what Yeshua said and called her on her sin but just as you said, there is no mention of her repentance. That does not negate the Good News message but Tottie stated "like when...." and there is no indication of the Samaritan woman's belief.

yes there is, He offered living water, and she said she wanted it and recognized Him as the Christ and went and told everyone. There is no reason to assume she didn't believe it.

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am He.”

then go to this part:

39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in Him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers.

42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

Revelation 12:11 They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

IMJerusha

yes there is, He offered living water, and she said she wanted it and recognized Him as the Christ and went and told everyone. There is no reason to assume she didn't believe it.

"Come see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ?"

I'm sorry, that equates to amazement and questioning, not affirmation and faith in Yeshua's Messiahship.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
"Come see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ?"

I'm sorry, that equates to amazement and questioning, not affirmation and faith in Yeshua's Messiahship.

Im sorry that you dont get that they believe based on her testimony that He was the Christ, which unless she believed, she couldnt be able to testify to.

Its pretty evident to me that she had a testimony of faith.

john w

Hall of Fame
Nor did Peter prior to the dbr afterwards he did, the proof is that multitudes got saved, Gentiles got saved. But Christ preached His dbr....they preached Christ....He is the good news

"The good news is the same throughout the whole bible dearest john, acknowledged apostle of humility."-you

You made up this "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" jazz.

john w

Hall of Fame
Have you ever met a preacher, who taught the gospel message, who was sinless?

I have met many, who did not practice what they preached, but their failures did not change the gospel message, or its power to save those who are given ears to hear it.

Once again, this wolf-ette punts her own "argument," and changes the subject, and grunts, snorts, mumbles, as usual.

You made up this "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" jazz.

john w

Hall of Fame
I explicitly answered him...pay attention.

Jesus Christ IS the good news, ever since God first announced Him in the garden, the seed of the woman who would bruise the serpent's head at great cost to Himself. This is what the church believed, what Abel believed but Cain didn't.

It was not the full gospel doctrinally as preached by Peter after the facts but it was the full gospel in as much as Christ IS the full gospel.

The good news that the long awaited seed of the woman was here. That is all comprehended in the kingdom of God message. The kingdom comes when the King comes.

Jesus saves today on the same basis He always has.....we understand the fullness of it doctrinally after we are saved.

She asserts that Judas preached the good new of 1 Cor. 15: 1-4 KJV.

You made that up, and you made up this "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" jazz.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The twain made one new man are those who first trusted in Christ (the "we") beginning with Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) and those of us (the "ye") who also trusted during Paul's second sending.

Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Ephesians 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Ephesians 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

All that by the cross, not "at the cross" (sssssstop trying to change the word of God) and the Body of Christ NOT replacing Israel future.

And concerning the good news. Can you see a difference in WHO and WHAT?

Ok not gunna argue with you, you can keep your little twists and turns....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
She asserts that Judas preached the good new of 1 Cor. 15: 1-4 KJV.

You made that up, and you made up this "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" jazz.

I assert He preached the good news of the kingdom of God, as did Paul. When Jesus came the kingdom came...believe that

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I assert He preached the good news of the kingdom of God, as did Paul. When Jesus came the kingdom came...believe that

Biblical cite of Judas preaching the good news. Judas was not saved, Christ even stated as much and stated the reason Judas was chosen was because he was a devil.

Jesus also said it would be better for him had he never been born. Pray tell why it would be better that a believer never be born?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Doesn't say if she took it. She ran off to tell everyone what Yeshua said and called her on her sin but just as you said, there is no mention of her repentance. That does not negate the Good News message but Tottie stated "like when...." but there is no indication of the Samaritan woman's belief.

There is no point in me adding to Angel's posts...you just too stubborn.

When the crowd came they said to the woman "now we believe not for your saying but we have heard Him ourselves and know for sure that this is the Christ the Saviour of the world"

That is the gospel.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Biblical cite of Judas preaching the good news. Judas was not saved, Christ even stated as much and stated the reason Judas was chosen was because he was a devil.

Jesus also said it would be better for him had he never been born. Pray tell why it would be better that a believer never be born?

Well we know he was sent preaching, it is only conjecture to suppose he preached the gospel he was sent to preach.

Judas was not saved...it is noteworthy that they were sent out in twos, so if he failed at least he was with a believing disciple.

john w

Hall of Fame

That's is not your "argument:"

"The good news is the same throughout the whole bible dearest john, acknowledged apostle of humility."-you

If this is true, as you "argue," then you assert that your saint Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

You made that up-it's satanic. You made up this "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" jazz.

john w

Hall of Fame
Well we know he was sent preaching, it is only conjecture to suppose he preached the gospel he was sent to preach.

Judas was not saved...it is noteworthy that they were sent out in twos, so if he failed at least he was with a believing disciple.

You assert that your saint Judas preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Satanic. Made up. The 12, at least prior to the DBR, never preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, and you can't mount any case for that, from the book, except humanist "arguments," and, "Well, that's what I was taught."

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That's is not your "argument:"

If this is true, as you "argue," then you assert that your saint Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

You made that up-it's satanic. You made up this "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" jazz.

Same as when God said the seed of the woman would crush the serpent's head but the serpent would bruise His heel.

That's bad news for the devil but good news for us.

Abel's lamb was good news.

's all the same.

The possuls preached the dbr after Pentecost and the multitudes were saved.

john w

Hall of Fame
There is no point in me adding to Angel's posts...you just too stubborn.

When the crowd came they said to the woman "now we believe not for your saying but we have heard Him ourselves and know for sure that this is the Christ the Saviour of the world"

That is the gospel.

That's not the gospel, good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, which is comprised of:

Death
Burial
Resurrection

You made that up.

john w

Hall of Fame
Same as when God said the seed of the woman would crush the serpents head but the serpent would bruise His heel.

That's bad news for the devil but good news for us.

Abel's lamb was good news.

's all the same.

"it's all the same"-you

Made up.

On record.

She asserts that her saint Judas preached the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news.

Made up. THE DBR was hid from them.

Satanic.

john w

Hall of Fame

Nope-made up. He was told to preach the same good news the other 11 were told to preach, the same good news that the Master preached-"the gospel of the kingdom," which is not equivalent to the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, with the death/buria/resurrection as the "lynchpin."

The 12 preached "the gospel of the kingdom," for almost 3 years, at a time in which they had no clue that the Master would be crucified, and rise 3 days later-it was hid from them, and satan.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"it's all the same"-you

Made up.

On record.

She asserts that her saint Judas preached the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news.

Made up. THE DBR was hid from them.

Satanic.

He preached the kingdom, Christ the Messiah. that is gospel.

When Zarcharias heard it in the tree he received Christ and salvation came to his house that day.

Show where Paul preached the dbr to the Phillipi jailer. Paul's message was "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved"

He didn't preach it on Mars hill either.

john w

Hall of Fame
He preached the kingdom, Christ the Messiah. that is gospel.

When Zarcharias heard it in the tree he received Christ and salvation came to his house that day.

Show where Paul preached the dbr to the Phillipi jailer. Paul's message was "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved"

He didn't preach it on Mars hill either.

I never asserted that Paul, all at once, preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-progressive revelation.

What was the content of faith required in Mt.-John, at least prior to the DBR?

"Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God." Mt. 14:33 KJV

"And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." Mt. 16:16 KJV

(comment: and with the 16:18 "upon this rock" statement by the Lord Jesus Christ, our Saviour was setting the "foundation", i.e., the "rock", upon which the kingdom church, the "little flock" church(Luke 12:32 )would be built upon-their faith would rest upon the foundation that He was " the Christ, the Son of the living God.")

"And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ." Mark 8:29 KJV

"He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God." Luke 9:20 KJV

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name." Jn. 1:12 KJV

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did." Jn. 2:23 KJV

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." Jn. 3:18 KJV

"And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world." Jn 4:42 KJV

"And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God." Jn. 6:69 KJV

"She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world." Jn. 11:27 KJV

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." Jn. 20:31 KJV

No change in the message in "early" Acts:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ." Acts 2:36 KJV

"And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all." Acts 3:16 KJV

"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole." Acts 4:10 KJV

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12 KJV

"And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ." Acts 4:42 KJV

"And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." Acts 8:37 KJV

No change in the message by Paul, early in his ministry, before he was progressively/gradually(i.e., progressive revelation:Acts 9:9 KJV Acts 9:16 KJV; Acts 22:10-17 KJV("trance"); Acts 26:16 KJV; 1 Cor. 11:23 KJV; 2 Cor. 12:1 KJV; Gal. 2:2 KJV; Eph. 3:3 KJV; Col. 1:25 KJV; "But now"-Romans 16:26 KJV, Eph. 2:13 KJV, Col. 1:26 KJV/ Notice Paul spent 3 years in Arabia per Galatians 1:17-18 KJV!(3 years! I find this amazing! Could that be Mt. Sinai? ), being given the revelation of the mystery, from the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ, from heaven(not earth),and the prophetic program was progressively/gradually(but temporarily) set aside:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God." Acts 9:20 KJV

"But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ." Acts 9:22 KJV

That was the "content of faith" then-no mention of the death, burial, resurrection...faith in His name, who He was...

Notice the change in Acts 13:

Paul presents the "outline" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, the only gospel that will save in the current dispensation we are under :

Verse 13:28:"And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain." = the death of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:29: "And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre."=the burial of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:30: "But God raised him from the dead:..." =the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

And notice the gradual change in the message, as Paul boldly states:

"Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses." Acts 13:38-39 KJV

No one preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, at least prior to the dbr, as a basis for justification-no scripture states this. Not one.

You deceitfully changed the subject/argument of yours-you assert that there is only one piece of good news in the book. You made that up, and thus, have to assert that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4, along with the 11, prior to the occurrence of the DBR. The 11 never preached the good news that "Christ will die for your sins...be buried...be raised for your justification...Believe it to be saved!!"at least prior to its occurrence. You can't show it.

On record-you assert that your saint Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. Satanic.