The Elephant In the Room

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Devil will constantly remind you of your past sins - it's never ending.
Is that the way God looks at you?

No. All judgment of Sin was placed on the Son.

The Father doesn't judge.

And yes, only one condemns and reminds.

Are we speaking the same on this matter?

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Devil will constantly remind you of your past sins - it's never ending.
Is that the way God looks at you?

Most Christians spend their whole life "tripping" over the Devil's accusations, and so never learn to "walk" in the Spirit.

Yes indeed!!!!! Well spoken BeamUp.

One badge of courage for you!

f372910456aa494320be3ac1d0188068.jpg

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Go and unbelieve no more, can you do that?

Amen!

John 16:

7 Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth. It is for your benefit that I go away, because if I don’t go away the Counselor will not come to you. If I go, I will send Him to you. 8 When He comes, He will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment:

9 About sin, because they do not believe in Me;

10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see Me;

11 and about judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.(Gal. 5:14)

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Rom. 13:10

Agape is the fulfilling of the law ergo an absence of love is the transgression of the law.

What about love toward God?

Epoisses

What about love toward God?

Agape is love for God and man!

But if any man love God, the same is known of him. 1Cor. 8:3

Love in this verse is agape the supreme and unconditional love.

Human love is always conditional. I'll love you but you have to do this first.

Is that what kind of love you have Jamie? Do you make others jump thru hoops?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. (Jesus)​

Do you?

Now for context from John 15:

9 “As the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you. Remain in My love. 10 If you keep My commands you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commands and remain in His love.

11 “I have spoken these things to you so that My joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. 12 This is My command: Love one another as I have loved you. 13 No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15 I do not call you slaves anymore, because a slave doesn’t know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have heard from My Father. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you. I appointed you that you should go out and produce fruit and that your fruit should remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you. 17 This is what I command you: Love one another.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Who judges us?

Love that covers a multitude of sin.

Jn 13

The New Command
31 When he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified, and God is glorified in Him. 32 If God is glorified in Him,[h] God will also glorify Him in Himself and will glorify Him at once.

33 “Children, I am with you a little while longer. You will look for Me, and just as I told the Jews, ‘Where I am going you cannot come,’ so now I tell you.

34 “I give you a new command: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Love that covers a multitude of sin.

Love is a subjective term that means different things to different people.

What is love from the Father's perspective?

Some Jews used corban to demonstrate love toward God instead of using the Father's definition of love.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Elephant In the Room

"If we would judge ourselves, we need not be judged." (Paul)

But what standard must we use?

The instance where Paul judges in scripture was an instance where a man was having relations with his Step Mother.

This was even terrible to the Romans and punishable by there Law.

He cast the man out and later implores the church to re-embrace him and forgive him.

This is church discipline not loss of salvation.

1 Cor. 5

5 It is widely reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and the kind of sexual immorality that is not even tolerated[a] among the Gentiles—a man is living with his father’s wife. 2 And you are inflated with pride, instead of filled with grief so that he who has committed this act might be removed from your congregation

And yet after pointing out sin, Paul states that it was a test! The church was proud in flesh so Paul leveled it with that example.

2nd Cor 2

5 If anyone has caused pain, he has caused pain not so much to me but to some degree—not to exaggerate—to all of you. 6 The punishment inflicted by the majority is sufficient for that person. 7 As a result, you should instead forgive and comfort him. Otherwise, this one may be overwhelmed by excessive grief. 8 Therefore I urge you to reaffirm your love to him. 9 I wrote for this purpose: to test your character to see if you are obedient in everything. 10 If you forgive anyone, I do too. For what I have forgiven—if I have forgiven anything—it is for you in the presence of Christ. 11 I have done this so that we may not be taken advantage of by Satan. For we are not ignorant of his schemes.

This is the judgment Paul was speaking of. Remember, he was growing a church that was being murdered by the droves by religious and literal bodily persecution.

In all other matters, and in the end, this one, Paul used grace as the Spiritual judging stick. His main thrust of judgment was to discern those of faith from those of works of obedience.

Galatians 3Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Justification through Faith
3 You foolish Galatians! Who has hypnotized you,[a] before whose eyes Jesus Christ was vividly portrayed as crucified? 2 I only want to learn this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by hearing with faith?[c] 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now going to be made complete by the flesh?[d] 4 Did you suffer so much for nothing—if in fact it was for nothing? 5 So then, does God supply you with the Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law or by hearing with faith?[e]

6 Just as Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him for righteousness,[f] 7 then understand that those who have faith are Abraham’s sons. 8 Now the Scripture saw in advance that God would justify the Gentiles by faith and told the good news ahead of time to Abraham, saying, All the nations will be blessed through you.[g] 9 So those who have faith are blessed with Abraham, who had faith.[h]

Law and Promise
10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, because it is written: Everyone who does not continue doing everything written in the book of the law is cursed. 11 Now it is clear that no one is justified before God by the law, because the righteous will live by faith.[j] 12 But the law is not based on faith; instead, the one who does these things will live by them.[k] 13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, because it is written: Everyone who is hung on a tree is cursed.[l] 14 The purpose was that the blessing of Abraham would come to the Gentiles by Christ Jesus, so that we could receive the promised Spirit through faith.

15 Brothers, I’m using a human illustration.[m] No one sets aside or makes additions to even a human covenant[n] that has been ratified. 16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say “and to seeds,” as though referring to many, but referring to one, and to your seed,[o] who is Christ. 17 And I say this: The law, which came 430 years later, does not revoke a covenant that was previously ratified by God[p] and cancel the promise. 18 For if the inheritance is from the law, it is no longer from the promise; but God granted it to Abraham through the promise.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If I strike you in the face, that's a trespass.
If you struck me first and look like you're going to do it again, then I can't be guilty of that trespass.
If I've just sucker-punched you, then I can.
And if I've just sucker-punched you, but I thought that you struck me first and look like you're going to do it again, then I can't be guilty of that trespass.

Epoisses

If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. (Jesus)​

Do you?

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34,35

Love is the commandment!!! Those with the faith of Jesus and the love of God are the real commandment keepers.