ECT The Definition of Musterion and why the Gospel was not a Mystery

SaulToPaul 2

Then maybe its time to go back to Gal 3:17 and decide who voided and changed the Promise... It is one of those key places where we know Paul is talking about intertestament Judaism, because no one in the canon of the OT made such changes.

:chuckle:

Too many commentaries

Interplanner

That to me is very inconsistent.

Gentiles are being saved today by the work of the Servant of Jehovah. Specifically the work of the cross.

The OT passages that speak of gentile salvation are not connected to the Priesthood of Moses nor are they connected to the nation of Israel during the kingdom. The passages speaking to and about gentile salvation are about the work of Messiah on the cross.

Israel will be representatives of Jehovah in the kingdom as a witness to the nations of the faithfulness of God to keep His word and they will point to that keeping of His word.

Salvation of the Gentiles in the kingdom will be by accepting Messiah.

The scripture is clear STP, the salvation of Gentiles thru the cross is not a musterion, it was revealed specifically that by Messiah's death, burial and resurrection that Gentiles would be saved - not that Gentiles would be saved by the priestly system of the Jews.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Intojoy wrote:
nor are they connected to the nation of Israel during the kingdom

...unless it is meant in the new sense of believers. If you mean a millenial kingdom, I think you are mistaken as well. the kingdom is now and there is another Israel at work, a multitude of preachers.

The blindness of Israel is a mystery by all accounts; it seems they would have believed more.

I have been asking for 2 weeks to D'ists: did Israel know that it's Messiah was going to suffer from Ps 22, Is 53, Dan 9? It seems like more would have known. What was the problem?

Danoh

Intojoy wrote:
nor are they connected to the nation of Israel during the kingdom

...unless it is meant in the new sense of believers. If you mean a millenial kingdom, I think you are mistaken as well. the kingdom is now and there is another Israel at work, a multitude of preachers.

The blindness of Israel is a mystery by all accounts; it seems they would have believed more.

I have been asking for 2 weeks to D'ists: did Israel know that it's Messiah was going to suffer from Ps 22, Is 53, Dan 9? It seems like more would have known. What was the problem?

And that has been addressed, but you do not care for the fact of Scripture over your forty plus years of wrong :chuckle:

Here some of that answer is once more...

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

john w

Hall of Fame

And we/I have shown you for months, that it was hidden from them, but you are too obtusificated, and fracturalized, to admit it.

So there.

SaulToPaul 2

And we/I have shown you for months, that it was hidden from them, but you are too obtusificated, and fracturalized, to admit it.

So there.

He is immersed in amateur psychology and Dr Phil'ism, saying that the 12 were in "denial".

This error, I find, is most fracturing.

john w

Hall of Fame
He is immersed in amateur psychology and Dr Phil'ism, saying that the 12 were in "denial".

This error, I find, is most fracturing.

Right....chosen by the Lord Jesus Christ, and yet all having an "identity crisis," taking off on "Oprah." Curious.

Danoh

All you have to do is believe the scripture, it was hidden from them.

This may fall on deaf ears...

Nevertheless, iron sharpeneth iron; not iron versus iron.

A very basic, fundamental Distinction meant to be consistently practiced by the actual Acts 9 Dispensationalist as a Core Bible Study Principle, is the Principle that there is often a distinction, or thing that differs, between believing a thing, and having properly understood it.

That right there is where the "former Dispensationalist" ended up off; in the practice, or lack thereof.

So off such went...in search of an answer elsewhere.

That right there, is where even the Acts 9 Dispensationalit can end up anything but a consistent Acts 9 Dispensationalist, in one or another aspect of one's overall...basic study approach.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
there is often a distinction, or thing that differs, between believing a thing, and having properly understood it.

Hopefully someday you'll properly understand Dispensationalism. Once you do, you'll stop believing it.