ECT The Cross Has Made You Flawless

Cross Reference

You're only partly right, 2 Tim. 3.

For the carnal mind is enmity against God, with or without religious upbringing, Rom. 8; Gal. 5.

And all religion is, is but man's attempt against himself, in the face of his built in awareness that he comes short of the glory of God, Rom. 2 and 7.

Who taught Adam to cover himself? Gen. 3.

No one. It was the result of a broken relationship with God. "Self gratification" [vanity] was sealed to his nature when he disobeyed. Up until that time, it had couched at his door for him to overcome its "pull" upon his state of innocence.. cf Romans 8:20 KJV and Genesis 4:7.

Interplanner

CrossR,
your response was the most immature I've seen.

I'm really not sure what you are asking agreement to by "it" because there are 3 things it could be. I don't agree without knowing specifically.

Cross Reference

CrossR,
your response was the most immature I've seen.

Why should that be a surprise to anyone?

I'm really not sure what you are asking agreement to by "it" because there are 3 things it could be. I don't agree without knowing specifically.

That is because you are fundamentally disagreeable; you don't agree if it doesn't originate from you. If you can't explain Rom 7 you will never understand Rom 8.

BTW, what writings of Finney and Chambers have you actually read, especially Chambers?

Jamie Gigliotti

My stomach turns every time I hear this song! Knowing very well by many people in my life who use this theology for justification. Justification for sin! Justification to be their own Lords with as many idols as they like. Wake up!

"But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the cares of this life, and that day come upon you like a trap." Luke 21:34

Do you guys find it ironic when Peter warns to "...be diligent to found by Him without spot or blemish and at peace..." (2 Peter 3:14); he then warns that Paul's word's "...are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction..." (2 Peter 3:16)?

You guys love Romans. I really love Romans!
"...propitiation by His blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness because in His divine forbearance, He had passed over FORMER SINS." Romans 3:25

It is a gift. Who deserves their sins forgiven? No one!!!
"What shall we say then? Are we to continue to sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?" Romans 6:1-2
Unless we have not died to sin and we don't believe scripture.

Baptized into His death. (Romans 6:3)
Walk in the newness of life. (Romans 6:4)
So, "We know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, SO THAT WE WOULD NO LONGER BE ENSLAVED TO SIN." Romans 6:6
"So now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God the fruit you get leads to sanctification and it's end eternal life."
He's made the way and He wants all of us! With Him there is love and victory! Press on to perfection. Forget what is behind. (Phiilipians 3).

Cross Reference

My stomach turns every time I hear this song! Knowing very well by many people in my life who use this theology for justification. Justification for sin! Justification to be their own Lords with as many idols as they like. Wake up!

"But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the cares of this life, and that day come upon you like a trap." Luke 21:34

Do you guys find it ironic when Peter warns to "...be diligent to found by Him without spot or blemish and at peace..." (2 Peter 3:14); he then warns that Paul's word's "...are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction..." (2 Peter 3:16)?

You guys love Romans. I really love Romans!
"...propitiation by His blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness because in His divine forbearance, He had passed over FORMER SINS." Romans 3:25

It is a gift. Who deserves their sins forgiven? No one!!!
"What shall we say then? Are we to continue to sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?" Romans 6:1-2
Unless we have not died to sin and we don't believe scripture.

Baptized into His death. (Romans 6:3)
Walk in the newness of life. (Romans 6:4)
So, "We know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, SO THAT WE WOULD NO LONGER BE ENSLAVED TO SIN." Romans 6:6
"So now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God the fruit you get leads to sanctification and it's end eternal life."
He's made the way and He wants all of us! With Him there is love and victory! Press on to perfection. Forget what is behind. (Phiilipians 3).

Question: What is the enablement for walking in newness of life?

Jamie Gigliotti

Question: What is the enablement for walking in newness of life?

Christ in us. The Holy Spirit. The power of God.
"His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness..." 2 Peter 1:3
The Spirit which is given by grace, which God then requires we "sow to please". Galatians 6:8

Cross Reference

Christ in us. The Holy Spirit. The power of God.
"His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness..." 2 Peter 1:3
The Spirit which is given by grace, which God then requires we "sow to please". Galatians 6:8

Ok. That is all correct now, is it an imputation or an impartation that we acquire it? Is it there in the our of our temptation? A clue is to know what form it was that Jesus appropriated it and that it can be no different for us? One word will suffice.

Danoh

You need to not take anyone's word on any subject. You should check it out for yourself.

The "dying for one's sins" was later theology. It was worked out by Anselm of Canterbury around the year 900. Check it out please.
Jesus NEVER said "I am dying for your sins."

And yes I believe ALL the authors of the Bible were inspired by God.
You have not been paying attention. Please go back to my previous posts and see for yourself.

Let's try this again...

That you do not understand.

Why are you even on here; you don't believe Christ died on a Cross for your sins, and you don't believe Matthew thru Revelation were inspired by God.

Cute - a heretic teaching the Bible.

Jamie Gigliotti

Ok. That is all correct now, is it an imputation or an impartation that we acquire it? Is it there in the our of our temptation? A clue is to know what form it was that Jesus appropriated it and that it can be no different for us? One word will suffice.
Don't think one word would suffice. How then are we filled with the Holy Spirit and experience His power for Godliness? Does He do it all? Do we have to do anything?

Submission, surrender, humility, love.
He works in the hearts of men, but does not force. He made the way, he declared the truth, he gives us life. We follow the way, we abide in His word and His truth sets us free, His life fills us, renews us, transforms us.

Imparted, imputed??? He is the giver, we receive. He is the fountain, we drink. He is the bread of life, we eat.

Almost forgot. Hour of temptation?
The world is constantly warring against our soul. His power, His Spirit is only a prayer, a word, or an act of worship away.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Don't think one word would suffice.

Ah, but one word would: "Allegiance" ___ to the Father as Jesus demonstrated with His eternal life at stake.

How then are we filled with the Holy Spirit and experience His power for Godliness? Does He do it all? Do we have to do anything?

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:4-5 (KJV)

The Disciples were already and born again at this point in time when He said that to them.

if you left your Spiritual Jerusalem before embarking on making disciples, you are running under strictly head knowledge and someones else's commentary presuming on God for strength, puzzled and making excuses when things don't pan out as you have been led to believe they should. Of course today, most churches today don't look expectantly to God for anything except Him being their "Shield and Butler". His refusal to be so is why they have so many programs, church activities and chicken dinners to keep the sheep involved and happy until they die.

Submission, surrender, humility, love.

To who? If you say church, creeds, doctrines, etc. You are wrong. However, to God and Jesus Christ in seeking a loving relationship to know and understand them both then I would have to say your on the right track. Stay with it. If not, and you are Baptist, don't expect anyone in your church to fellowship along that line. They never discuss Jesus after the hour is up __ and then it is from canned sermon you hear His Name mentioned before it is up..

He works in the hearts of men, but does not force. He made the way, he declared the truth, he gives us life. We follow the way, we abide in His word and His truth sets us free, His life fills us, renews us, transforms us.

If they aren't just words recited by you absent honest confession that you live it out, I am happy to meet your acquaintance . . :).

Imparted, imputed??? He is the giver, we receive. He is the fountain, we drink. He is the bread of life, we eat

Imputed is a gift. Redemption fits that because you and I had nothing to do with it. Impartation is by qualifying to receive it the afterwards of redemption, i.e. eternal life as explained in John 17:3. Now tell me how you can saved without seeking God to know Him??

Jesus said He calls many and chooses but a few. In other words, it is a way of life unto the Father, as the human Jesus exampled.

Almost forgot. Hour of temptation?

Yes, your hour of temptation. Why doesn't God intervene?

The world is constantly warring against our soul. His power, His Spirit is only a prayer, a word, or an act of worship away.
Ditto yes. Your flesh also wars against you soul and you are given to overcome it. The accuser is always there. Why? Doesn't He know you can't be "touched", a child of God seeking son-ship in Him?

glorydaz

His life fills us, renews us, transforms us.

Isn't He able to perform what He began in us? Or just not certain people?

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Cross Reference

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

All God's promises are conditional. Always have been since Adam. Since you believe you are signed, sealed, and delivered, why not ask yourself why God didn't or rathe, couldn't, keep Adam from falling? While you are at it, ask the same of the whole nation of Israel who God delivered out of Egypt? And why was it Paul's responsibility in dealing with himself that God honors from all of us, in Romans 7.

"And you [glorydaz], that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, . . . . . . " Colossians 1:21-23 (KJV)

Jamie Gigliotti

Not me. I like it. I like it a lot.

"You along with everybody, thinking there is worth in what you do" Mercy Me 'Flawless'

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35

"By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother." 1 John 3:10

It is a bold faces lie, that there is no worth in what we do. And before you say it, union with Christ and the resulting good is not works salvation.

Cross Reference

"You along with everybody, thinking there is worth in what you do" Mercy Me 'Flawless'

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35

"By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother." 1 John 3:10

It is a bold faces lie, that there is no worth in what we do. And before you say it, union with Christ and the resulting good is not works salvation.

By all that you believe it isn't necessary to live by the faith of Christ, to perform His works from your flesh as He did His?

Jamie Gigliotti

Ah, but one word would: "Allegiance" ___ to the Father as Jesus demonstrated with His eternal life at stake.

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:4-5 (KJV)

The Disciples were already and born again at this point in time when He said that to them.

if you left your Spiritual Jerusalem before embarking on making disciples, you are running under strictly head knowledge and someones else's commentary presuming on God for strength, puzzled and making excuses when things don't pan out as you have been led to believe they should. Of course today, most churches today don't look expectantly to God for anything except Him being their "Shield and Butler". His refusal to be so is why they have so many programs, church activities and chicken dinners to keep the sheep involved and happy until they die.

To who? If you say church, creeds, doctrines, etc. You are wrong. However, to God and Jesus Christ in seeking a loving relationship to know and understand them both then I would have to say your on the right track. Stay with it. If not, and you are Baptist, don't expect anyone in your church to fellowship along that line. They never discuss Jesus after the hour is up __ and then it is from canned sermon you hear His Name mentioned before it is up..

If they aren't just words recited by you absent honest confession that you live it out, I am happy to meet your acquaintance . . :).

Imputed is a gift. Redemption fits that because you and I had nothing to do with it. Impartation is by qualifying to receive it the afterwards of redemption, i.e. eternal life as explained in John 17:3. Now tell me how you can saved without seeking God to know Him??

Jesus said He calls many and chooses but a few. In other words, it is a way of life unto the Father, as the human Jesus exampled.

Yes, your hour of temptation. Why doesn't God intervene?

Ditto yes. Your flesh also wars against you soul and you are given to overcome it. The accuser is always there. Why? Doesn't He know you can't be "touched", a child of God seeking son-ship in Him?

It great to encourage anyone and especially someone seeking to grow in Christ. It sounds that's what your aim is. Awesome!

Yes what are we going to do with the gift? The path is narrow. Refined through trails. To spare you the details; a personal tragedy just about dragged me to Hell. God was fighting for me and my pride was fighting against him. The Devil was revelling in my mental and emotional anguish. God unequivocally convinced me I was on a extremely dark road with no good that would result. Yes His grace did find me again, but it was a battle and I sought much prayer to let go and trust Him again. It was not an easy road, but He brought me through it, and my will was a part of the process, but that does not negate it was by His love, His power, His grace.

Yes I love Lord the Jesus, and I cry Abba Father, I have tried many pleasures of the world; nothing can ever compare to their love and presence!

Jamie Gigliotti

Yes with Him we can do anything. Jesus told us the way.

"Abide in me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:4-5

He does not force us to worship, to pray, to commune with Him. But how it is if we do?
Paul says to do those continually, not a legality, but a practacality. We need Him. His power is made perfect in our weakness.

Cross Reference

It great to encourage anyone and especially someone seeking to grow in Christ. It sounds that's what your aim is. Awesome!

Yes what are we going to do with the gift? The path is narrow. Refined through trails. To spare you the details; a personal tragedy just about dragged me to Hell. God was fighting for me and my pride was fighting against him. The Devil was revelling in my mental and emotional anguish. God unequivocally convinced me I was on a extremely dark road with no good that would result. Yes His grace did find me again, but it was a battle and I sought much prayer to let go and trust Him again. It was not an easy road, but He brought me through it, and my will was a part of the process, but that does not negate it was by His love, His power, His grace.

Yes I love Lord the Jesus, and I cry Abba Father, I have tried many pleasures of the world; nothing can ever compare to their love and presence!

I am sure you mean "His" and not "their" love and presence. . . :)

I praise God for you and what He has done in your life not only for you but, more importantly, for Him in that He is gaining a son for His glorious kingdom government. I pray we can walk and talk together in our seeking intimacy in Him per John 17. Lets together lift Him up above all else.:thumb:

Lov'in Jesus,