The citadel of free will is a mirage.

Truster

Who gave him that power?

Did Jesus choose to accept it or reject it?

Did Jesus choose to use it or ignore it?

Did Jesus choose to use it according to the will of God who gave it to him or to do his own will?

All power? If you had one thousand dollars to your name, that is all you had and you gave it to a friend who would have all your money? You? or your friend? Not you, you would now be penniless, but your friend would have your money and you none of it.

What does it mean that God gave all power and authority to Jesus Christ? Does it mean that God no longer has any power and authority? Why not? If God gave it all away to someone else, then why bother to pray to God, for God would be powerless to answer your prayers, for that matter, why bother with God at all, He would no longer have any power for he gave it away?

So the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ is now powerless?

If your new boss gives you all power and authority to carry out your responsibilities to the company and to him, does that mean that you are not subject to your boss and to the company?

Every Christian has been been all power and authority to live a life worthy and pleasing to God, does that mean God no longer is to rule their life? Does that mean that God has less power now since He gave us all that power and authority?

What does authority mean? Does it mean that he has the authority to choose what to do in a given situation? or does that mean that he has been preprogrammed to blindly carry out his responsibilities without any choice in the matter?

Why would God give us all power and authority? after all we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10, we do not lack any power and authority that we need to do His will.

Jesus Christ is the head of all principality and power, who gave that do him? Does that mean that Jesus is no longer subject to honor his Father?

The Father has infinite might. The Son has infinite might and the Holy Spirit has infinite might. The Hebrew term Elohim means Almighty so the Triune Eternal Deity each has and collectively possesses infinite might. The Almighty...

marhig

Man can choose good man can choose evil but man cannot choose God without divine enabling.
And that divine enabling comes to us when we hear the gospel, and then we have a choice, believe and repent or not.

"Many are called but few are chosen."

Those who are chosen are those who truly believe in the gospel and receive the word into a good heart and repent, turn from sin and live by the will of God, then in his time, God will bless them with the holy Spirit within. And we then worship God in Spirit and in truth.

Truster

And that divine enabling comes to us when we hear the gospel, and then we have a choice, believe and repent or not.

Those who are chosen are those who truly believe in the gospel and receive the word into a good heart and repent, turn from sin and live by the will of God, then in his time, God will bless them with the holy Spirit within. And we then worship God in Spirit and in truth.

Those who despise Sovereignty despise the King. Those that despise grace despise the giver of grace. Those that think the Almighty is in need of man to effect salvation are outside the covenant of grace.

marhig

Those who despise Sovereignty despise the King. Those that despise grace despise the giver of grace. Those that think the Almighty is in need of man to effect salvation are outside the covenant of grace.
And those who call others, who say it's right to live by the will of God and obey him evil and wicked, don't truly know God!

God can't give his grace to an unrepentant heart. And we have a choice repent or not. No repentance no forgiveness!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Question for you, to see where you stand:

Is it possible for someone who has never heard of the Bible or it's message or any of the people in the Bible to receive salvation?

Truster

And those who call others, who say it's right to live by the will of God and obey him evil and wicked, don't truly know God!

God can't give his grace to an unrepentant heart. And we have a choice repent or not. No repentance no forgiveness!

It is by grace repentance is given. "if Elohim peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;"

marhig

Question for you, to see where you stand:

Is it possible for someone who has never heard of the Bible or it's message or any of the people in the Bible to receive salvation?

I believe that faith comes by hearing the word of God, in whichever way God brings it to us, for most of us it's through a preacher, and those who truly believe and repent and turn to God are saved from death, and forgiven of their past sins. From then on we are to turn from sin and live by the will of God.

Romans 10

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

marhig

It is by grace repentance is given. "if Elohim peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;"

And to acknowledge the truth is to acknowledge that the gospel is true when we hear it. Jesus bore witness to the truth, he preached it, so those who believe in him acknowledge the truth and once we believe and truly repent, God will forgive us and grant us repentance.

God doesn't make us repent, we have a choice, believe and truth repent or not.

Luke 11:32 The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Acts 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

And there are many more verses!

Truster

And to acknowledge the truth is to acknowledge that the gospel is true when we hear it. Jesus bore witness to the truth, he preached it, so those who believe in him acknowledge the truth and once we believe and truly repent, God will forgive us and grant us repentance.

God doesn't make us repent, we have a choice, believe and truth repent or not.

Luke 11:32 The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Acts 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

And there are many more verses!

As a sinner without saving grace you are disposed to believe any lie that you are presented with.

marhig

As a sinner without saving grace you are disposed to believe any lie that you are presented with.
Without repentance there is no saving grace. And we have to choose to repent, God doesn't make us repent.

The first word that Jesus preached was repent, he gave people a choice, repent or not!

Christ Jesus says "repent for the kingdom of God is at hand"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I believe that faith comes by hearing the word of God, in whichever way God brings it to us, for most of us it's through a preacher, and those who truly believe and repent and turn to God are saved from death, and forgiven of their past sins. From then on we are to turn from sin and live by the will of God.

Romans 10

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

So someone in the heart of Africa who doesn't even know the rest of the world exists cannot be saved unless someone comes out to them and tells them about Him?

marhig

So someone in the heart of Africa who doesn't even know the rest of the world exists cannot be saved unless someone comes out to them and tells them about Him?
Only God can know that JR. I'm not here to say who is and who isn't saved. I'm just like everyone else, a sinner and without God, I'd probably be a lot worse than many. But I know that I heard through a man, and that's how Jesus started by preaching and those who have followed him do the same.

Truster

Without repentance there is no saving grace. And we have to choose to repent, God doesn't make us repent.

The first word that Jesus preached was repent, he gave people a choice, repent or not!

Christ Jesus says "repent for the kingdom of God is at hand"

As I've said before you haven't got a clue as to what repentance means and you certainly haven't received the ability to repent.

marhig

As I've said before you haven't got a clue as to what repentance means and you certainly haven't received the ability to repent.
Jesus wouldn't have called for us to repent if we didn't have a choice to do so.

And you can carry on judging everyone else whilst setting yourself up on a pedestal. What you think of me, means nothing to me. I'm only concerned at what God thinks of me. And he will be your judge also.

Truster

Jesus wouldn't have called for us to repent if we didn't have a choice to do so.

And you can carry on judging everyone else whilst setting yourself up on a pedestal. What you think of me, means nothing to me. I'm only concerned at what God thinks of me. And he will be your judge also.

Man is called to trust, repent and to be holy. Man is not able to comply and so he receives all that is necessary as gifts. Only those that have received the gifts understand this. Others pretend they have the abilities and declare themselves saved.

marhig

Man is called to trust, repent and to be holy. Man is not able to comply and so he receives all that is necessary as gifts. Only those that have received the gifts understand this.
And only those who believe and truly repent can receive anything from God. Those not willing to repent are hard hearted and love their flesh before God. They have no room for God in their hearts because they are full of themselves!

To repent, is to regret what we have been doing and be willing to turn from it. And for us that is sin. Those not willing to do this, won't truly know the living God.

Truster

And only those who believe and truly repent can receive anything from God. Those not willing to repent are hard hearted and love their flesh before God. They have no room for God in their hearts because they are full of themselves!

To repent, is to regret what we have been doing and be willing to turn from it. And for us that is sin. Those not willing to do this, won't truly know the living God.

Repentance produces sorrow and regret, but sorrow and regret are not repentance.

As I said you haven't got a clue. You just repeat parrot fashion what you have heard and read and then apply it to yourself.

marhig

Repentance produces sorrow and regret, but sorrow and regret are not repentance.
The word of God calls us to repentance. God doesn't just give us it. When I heard Gods word I was pricked to my heart and I believed and I knew that I had been living wrong before God and I repented. And now by the grace of God, he has changed my heart and God comes first in my life!

Truster

The word of God calls us to repentance. God doesn't just give us it. When I heard Gods word I was pricked to my heart and I believed and I knew that I had been living wrong before God and I repented. And now by the grace of God, he has changed my heart and God comes first in my life!

You are taking words of scripture and applying them to yourself. They do not apply to you. I have no doubt that you have come under the preaching of the law and this produced tears in you, but that is what the law does. That is not repentance.