ECT The Church of Christian Truthers

turbosixx

I believe that the true Christian faith is destined to strengthen the Truther movement and I propose that intellectually fearless, Spirit-filled Christians are morally required to make that movement livelier with a Christian emphasis.

By “the Truther movement,” I need to be precise - absolutely unambiguous. And just so that there’s no ambiguity in my definition of a Truther, I mean a believer in the body of facts surrounding 9/11 as communicated in the writings and lectures of Christian theologian Dr. David Ray Griffin.

In a recent gathering of Truthers, when asked what brought me to the group, I answered that it was my Christian conviction. I cited article 7 in my newly acquired Millerite Adventist faith:

7. Christians are to impart divine illumination to the world for the purpose of bringing glory to God. And God is honored when His people speak with a united voice, when they're not deceived about anything, and when they're actively working on the forefront of every important cause.

Matthew 5
14 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15 nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

Ephesians 5
11 "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."

My profession of faith was well-received so it seems that I’m off to a good start. Any objections?

I would join the Christian movement. It looks to me like just another divisor. Jesus died for his church and it is the pillar and support of the truth. That's were I stand.

turbosixx

Which one? The one that praises war criminals? Or do you approve of every Christian church that repudiates being the light of the world?

The way I see it, there is only one true church. I don't consider denominations part of that one true church because the church Jesus died for is not divided. So anything, from name to doctrine that can not be backed by scripture, is not part of the one true church.

Christ called for unity, there is no hyphenation behind Christian.

Shubee

It looks to me like just another divisor. Jesus died for his church and it is the pillar and support of the truth. That's were I stand.

So anything, from name to doctrine that can not be backed by scripture, is not part of the one true church.

Christ called for unity, ...
There is always unity among Christians that obey Christ's commands. Do you remember this one: "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:24)?

So why are you judging ignorantly when Christ commanded you to not judge at all?

turbosixx

There is always unity among Christians that obey Christ's commands. Do you remember this one: "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:24)?

So why are you judging ignorantly when Christ commanded you to not judge at all?

I agree, there is unity for those who are following Christ by obeying him but are we following Christ if we call ourselves something other than Christian or a hyphenated-Christian?

He did not say not to judge he said "but judge with righteous judgment"

If I'm am wrong, I want someone to point it out to me. They will be my friend for eternity.

5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

Shubee

... are we following Christ if we call ourselves something other than Christian or a hyphenated-Christian?
Already I want to distinguish myself from your brand of Christianity, since you denounce the Truther movement without knowing anything about it. What did Christ ever say about what His followers should be called?

turbosixx

Already I want to distinguish myself from your brand of Christianity, since you denounce the Truther movement without knowing anything about it. What did Christ ever say about what His followers should be called?

Sorry, I'm just trying to show you how it looks from another point of view.

Acts 11:26 and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
1 Pt. 4:16 but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.

I'm searching and want to understand truth. I understand the desire to be a "truther" but in all honesty, that is just another form division. I call for unity, and to do so I am a member of Christ's body, I am a Christian, no hyphen. Nothing added, nothing taken away.

turbosixx

Surely you have have read Jesus say "Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1.

Yes, he is saying, how you judge the same measure will be applied to you. We can't be hypocritical.

Are we not supposed to go to our brother caught in a tresspass and help him?

Shubee

5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
It's pretty obvious that Jesus wasn't naive or quiet about the rulers, the powers, and the world forces of the darkness of His time.

Luke 13
31 On that very day some Pharisees came, saying to Him, “Get out and depart from here, for Herod wants to kill You.”

32 And He said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.’ 33 Nevertheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem.

turbosixx

And was the name Christian created by the disciples as a label for themselves?

Sorry if I come off as attacking, that is not my intention. I think it's great that your persuit is truth. I don't hear people say that today and it's sad. When looking for a church that is the last thing on the list, if it's even on the list. That's what I'm after because only the truth will set us free.

Did the disciples label themselves, I'm not sure, people of that time did have the HS gifts such as wisdom and knowledge. If an inspired writer records it and Peter uses it, where else would we turn to find a name to denote we follow Jesus Christ?

1 Pt. 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God;

Shubee

Did the disciples label themselves, I'm not sure, people of that time did have the HS gifts such as wisdom and knowledge. If an inspired writer records it and Peter uses it, where else would we turn to find a name to denote we follow Jesus Christ?
I feel fully justified in calling myself a Christian Truther to distinguish myself from the war criminals that call themselves Christians. I also feel it's right that I distance myself from the Christians that support and believe the propaganda that is perpetuating mass-murder in the name of an allegedly Christian nation.

turbosixx

I feel fully justified in calling myself a Christian Truther to distinguish myself from the war criminals that call themselves Christians. I also feel it's right that I distance myself from the Christians that support and believe the propaganda that is perpetuating mass-murder in the name of an allegedly Christian nation.

Is it ok for the Catholics, the Baptist, the Jehovah Witnesses and so on to distinguish themselves from "other" Christians? All they are really show is they are distinguishing themselves from Christ. Just look at the name on the sign in front of the building. Does it indicate of Christ.

12Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ." 13Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

I truly hope you do find God's truth.

Shubee

Is it ok for the Catholics, the Baptist, the Jehovah Witnesses and so on to distinguish themselves from "other" Christians?
I certainly don't want to be identified with them. Yet you keep insisting that I don't have that right.