ECT The Church of Christian Truthers

Shubee

I believe that the true Christian faith is destined to strengthen the Truther movement and I propose that intellectually fearless, Spirit-filled Christians are morally required to make that movement livelier with a Christian emphasis.

By “the Truther movement,” I need to be precise - absolutely unambiguous. And just so that there’s no ambiguity in my definition of a Truther, I mean a believer in the body of facts surrounding 9/11 as communicated in the writings and lectures of Christian theologian Dr. David Ray Griffin.

In a recent gathering of Truthers, when asked what brought me to the group, I answered that it was my Christian conviction. I cited article 7 in my newly acquired Millerite Adventist faith:

7. Christians are to impart divine illumination to the world for the purpose of bringing glory to God. And God is honored when His people speak with a united voice, when they're not deceived about anything, and when they're actively working on the forefront of every important cause.

Matthew 5
14 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15 nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

Ephesians 5
11 "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."

My profession of faith was well-received so it seems that I’m off to a good start. Any objections?

Shubee

Zog is an innocent character that falls in a very entertaining children's story by Julia Donaldson.

"Zog is the keenest dragon in school. He’s also the most accident-prone, getting into one scrape after another as he learns to roar and fly and breathe fire. But who is the mysterious little girl that keeps coming to his aid? And can she really help with his toughest test: capturing a princess?
Zog won the Galaxy Book Award in 2010 and the Oxfordshire Book Award 2011."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bt-PaJntQ4

iamaberean

I believe that the true Christian faith is destined to strengthen the Truther movement and I propose that intellectually fearless, Spirit-filled Christians are morally required to make that movement livelier with a Christian emphasis.

By “the Truther movement,” I need to be precise - absolutely unambiguous. And just so that there’s no ambiguity in my definition of a Truther, I mean a believer in the body of facts surrounding 9/11 as communicated in the writings and lectures of Christian theologian Dr. David Ray Griffin.

In a recent gathering of Truthers, when asked what brought me to the group, I answered that it was my Christian conviction. I cited article 7 in my newly acquired Millerite Adventist faith:

7. Christians are to impart divine illumination to the world for the purpose of bringing glory to God. And God is honored when His people speak with a united voice, when they're not deceived about anything, and when they're actively working on the forefront of every important cause.

Matthew 5
14 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15 nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

Ephesians 5
11 "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."

My profession of faith was well-received so it seems that I’m off to a good start. Any objections?

Most people don't understand the book of Revelation. That's goes for Truthers as well. In fact Truthers are just another false prophecy teacher.

musterion

iamaberean

By that, are you meaning to imply that you understand the book of revelations?
Well enough to know that the book was written to the seven churches of Asia that were there at the time of writing.

Also well enough to know that "I come quickly" does not mean "I come in the far distant future".

Well enough to know that the only "whore" spoken of in the bible is Jerusalem, not Rome.

Well enough to know that "heaven and earth" refers to "the covenant", one was old and passing away, the other is the new and that is the one we live under.

Now prove to me, by scripture, your take on Revelation.

Danoh

Well enough to know that the book was written to the seven churches of Asia that were there at the time of writing.

Also well enough to know that "I come quickly" does not mean "I come in the far distant future".

Well enough to know that the only "whore" spoken of in the bible is Jerusalem, not Rome.

Well enough to know that "heaven and earth" refers to "the covenant", one was old and passing away, the other is the new and that is the one we live under.

Now prove to me, by scripture, your take on Revelation.

Consider that you did not do by that post, what you are now asking another to do - to prove their view by Scripture.

Shubee

ZOG stands for Zionist Occupational Government, and I'll bet a dollar to a donut he's one of those who believes "Da JOOOOOZ" were behind 9/11, hence the OP.

How close am I, Shubee?
It seems to me that most Truthers believe that 9/11 was a joint false flag operation between Mossad and our shadow government. So in this case, let's agree to think of Z.O.G. as standing for Zionist Obsessed Goberment.

Shubee

Most people don't understand the book of Revelation. That's goes for Truthers as well. In fact Truthers are just another false prophecy teacher.
I didn't mention the book of Revelation directly, although, if you look carefully, I did include a link to the Millerite Adventist interpretation of (Revelation 16:13-14).

iamaberean

Consider that you did not do by that post, what you are now asking another to do - to prove their view by Scripture.
Which one of my points do you need proof on?

Is it to whom the Book of Revelation was written to?

Is it "I come quickly", how could that mean anything other than "I come quickly".

Was it about the whore?

Eze 16:2 Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,
Eze 16:22 And in all thine abominations and thy whoredoms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood.
Eze 16:23 And it came to pass after all thy wickedness, (woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord GOD;)
Eze 16:24 That thou hast also built unto thee an eminent place, and hast made thee an high place in every street.
Eze 16:25 Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy whoredoms.
Eze 16:26 Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy whoredoms, to provoke me to anger.
Eze 16:27 Behold, therefore I have stretched out my hand over thee, and have diminished thine ordinary food, and delivered thee unto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way.
Eze 16:28 Thou hast played the whore also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied.
Eze 16:29 Thou hast moreover multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan unto Chaldea; and yet thou wast not satisfied herewith.
Eze 16:30 How weak is thine heart, saith the Lord GOD, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman;

Maybe heaven and earth doesn't resonate.

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Your turn, give me scripture that back up "Truther', better know as a false prophecy teaching.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Matthew 5

Ephesians 5

Given that you have swallowed the propoganda and profound ignorance of the "truthers" you should be very careful about who listen to in matters of faith. You have already proven yourself gullible so you may will be easy prey for wolves.