The Burning of Jerusalem

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Nope.
The context is the same as other stories of Israel.
It is not for their sake or for their obedience, because they were disobedient.
GOD does it for His own name's sake.
GOD says I have sworn it and I will do it because I said I would.

Smiling ear to ear.... indeed to the 100th power. : )

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In Revelation it talks about people that claim to be Jews and are in the Synagogue of Satan. The precise location of the church is now Islamic territories. Be cautious as you accuse the Jews of what you are accusing them. They simply want Israel as it was promised by God to them.

Islam wants conquest of the globe and to make all tongues and people's Muslims that would fight in the name of their false God and Prophet. They claim to be the true Jews.

You are siding with enemies of God by contesting the legitimacy of the Jews.
It has been rather pathetic to watch so many foolish people claim that they are the "real" Israel.
Anything other than the people scripture calls Israel (the 12 tribes).

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
It has been rather pathetic to watch so many foolish people claim that they are the "real" Israel.

# SDA
# Jehovah Wittnesses
# Rev. Jeremiah Rite.. Write.. Right.. idk
# Calvinists

What do these 4 groups have in common?

# Rotfl

Nang

TOL Subscriber

There is no such thing as a "replacement" of the 12 tribes of Israel. This national literal entity has been cast off by God and is long lost.

Continuing to insist that a literal Israel will inherit New Covenant promises, is only a wish, which contradicts God's dealing with the original tribes.

When Reformers and those who hold to Covenant Theology speak of present-day "Israel," we speak of Jesus Christ and His spiritual church body, which the literal twelve tribes represented in their day.

IOW's literal Israel signified Christ and His church body of justified believers. All of the temple ordinances pointed to the incarnation of Jesus Christ and the future spiritual accomplishments of His life, death, and resurrection. The twelve tribes represented Christ's grace that would be realized through deliverance of sinners out of bondage from all nations, who as one body would share inheritance in the promised and heavenly kingdom of God.

This is how I view the purpose and importance of God forming the nation of Israel . . it was only the first evidence of His keeping covenant and promise with Abraham of a Savior/Seed who would eventually bless all the nations.

It is such a wonderful subject and blessed truth to learn that things historical, and literal, fulfill God's spiritual promises . . when He gives us spiritual eyes to see and ears to hear.

To limit your understanding to the literal only, while denying the spiritual application and evidence of God's faithfulness, is to rob yourself of great blessing and insight into the Holy Scriptures.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To limit your understanding to the literal only, while denying the spiritual application and evidence of God's faithfulness, is to rob yourself of great blessing and insight into the Holy Scriptures.
I don't limit myself with either literal or spiritual.
I am just not stupid enough to think that just because there is a spiritual implication of a literal event doesn't mean the literal event just vanishes into thin air.

There is absolutely no doubt about what the house of Israel and the house of Judah is talking about in Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 unless one is trying to be deliberately evasive.

Hebrews 8:8 KJV
(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:31 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Eagles Wings

[MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION]

You are most gracious to continue teaching.

I appreciate learning from your posts.

Keep up the good work.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no such thing as a "replacement" of the 12 tribes of Israel. This national literal entity has been cast off by God and is long lost.
Does not Jesus say that a good shepherd always goes to find his lost sheep?

Wasn't it Jesus Himself that said He came only for the lost sheep of Israel?

I believe it was Jesus that said that the sun and moon would remain until ALL the law and the prophets were fulfilled?
Did not the prophets says that the the sticks of the split nation would be restored as one, where they would never be plucked up again, and live in safety, etc?????

It's obvious to those that are not bound to a cult's doctrine that Israel's prophetic history is not over.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I don't limit myself with either literal or spiritual.
I am just not stupid enough to think that just because there is a spiritual implication of a literal event doesn't mean the literal event just vanishes into thin air.

There is absolutely no doubt about what the house of Israel and the house of Judah is talking about in Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 unless one is trying to be deliberately evasive.

Hebrews 8:8 KJV
(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:31 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

These promises are kept for a remnant reserved by God, for God, according to election. Romans 11:4 (cp I Kings 19:18)

"Even so, at this present time, there is a remnant according to the election of grace." Romans 11:5

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Does not Jesus say that a good shepherd always goes to find his lost sheep?

Wasn't it Jesus Himself that said He came only for the lost sheep of Israel?

I believe it was Jesus that said that the sun and moon would remain until ALL the law and the prophets were fulfilled?
Did not the prophets says that the the sticks of the split nation would be restored as one, where they would never be plucked up again, and live in safety, etc?????

It's obvious to those that are not bound to a cult's doctrine that Israel's prophetic history is not over.

Israel's is no longer a nation of twelve tribes. Her history will be fulfilled as part of the BOC according to new Covenant promises, through the salvation of a remnant of particular souls, reserved and chosen by God to receive His grace.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
[MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION]

You are most gracious to continue teaching.

I appreciate learning from your posts.

Keep up the good work.

Unfortunately, Remnant Theology is not widely taught these days, which has led to all kinds of dark confusions.

Remnant Theology permeates Holy Scripture and eliminates all thought or speculation of Universalistic/Nationalistic salvation.

It was not invented by John Calvin . . .

God has elected to save only some, and not all, since the days of Cain and Abel.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These promises are kept for a remnant reserved by God, for God, according to election. Romans 11:4 (cp I Kings 19:18)

"Even so, at this present time, there is a remnant according to the election of grace." Romans 11:5
There must always be a remnant of ISRAEL.
Wanna know why????
Because GOD is not through with ISRAEL.
If He were through with them as an earthly national identity then there would be no need for a remnant of that nation to exist anymore.

The "remnant" theology just enforces the surety that GOD is not done with ISRAEL.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There must always be a remnant of ISRAEL.
Wanna know why????
Because GOD is not through with ISRAEL.

That is what I am saying! :eek:

And that remnant is saved by the grace of God and brought into the church body of Jesus Christ, just like the Gentiles.

Ephesians 4:4-6

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You are insisting Israel is known by God because of their racial heritage, but Paul taught that race does not factor in to the BOC.

See Galatians 3:26-29

You are literally throwing away specific verbiage from Romans 11 taught by...

Paul... the same author of Galatians.

He specifically sites they are beloved because of "their ancestors" and in direct reference to them being the enemy of the gospel that Galatians expands on dramatically.

Paul's writings must "all" be considered, not just the parts that Calvin expounded on.

So.... See all 66 books of Scripture and all Pauline books especially

# Entire Scripture

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
We don't need no indoctrination

We don't need reformed thought control

... All they are is just another brick in Calvin's wall.

# To the tune of "Pink Floyd's THE WALL"

Jerry Shugart

Israel's is no longer a nation of twelve tribes. Her history will be fulfilled as part of the BOC according to new Covenant promises, through the salvation of a remnant of particular souls, reserved and chosen by God to receive His grace.

Let us look at this passage from the OT to find out the truth because this prophecy foretells of a time in the future when all Israel will be saved:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jer.31:31-34).​

First, we can understand that those who will belong to the houses of Israel and Judah will be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That is because their "fathers" were the ones who broke the Lord's covenant and those people were the physical descendants of Jacob. Therefore, since their "fathers" are the physical descendants of Jacob then that must mean that they are also the physical descendants of Jacob.

Next, we can understand that all of the physical descendants of Jacob which will belong to both houses will know the Lord, "from the least of them unto the greatest of them," and they will all have their sins forgiven.

Paul certainly understood that truth when he wrote this:

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins" (Ro.11:25-27).​

The "Israel" in these verses is contrasted with the "Gentiles" so this has nothing to do with the Body of Christ.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Let us look at this passage from the OT to find out the truth because this prophecy foretells of a time in the future when all Israel will be saved:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jer.31:31-34).​

First, we can understand that those who will belong to the houses of Israel and Judah will be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That is because their "fathers" were the ones who broke the Lord's covenant and those people were the physical descendants of Jacob. Therefore, since their "fathers" are the physical descendants of Jacob then that must mean that they are also the physical descendants of Jacob.

Next, we can understand that all of the physical descendants of Jacob which will belong to both houses will know the Lord, "from the least of them unto the greatest of them," and they will all have their sins forgiven.

Paul certainly understood that truth when he wrote this:

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins" (Ro.11:25-27).​

The "Israel" in these verses is contrasted with the "Gentiles" so this has nothing to do with the Body of Christ.

# Ka-BOOM!!!!

: )