The Burning of Jerusalem

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You just appeal to simple-minded emotion rather than reality, is all.

If Hitler said the sky is blue, does that make the sky not blue?

The fact is that your beleif concerning Israel is a product of racial paranoia. You all ran straight to an idea of Jews returning to Israel being some miraculous prophesy to counter the reality that they aren't really Jews- right after WWII.

I mean, damn, that pretty much fouls up you MADists altogether- making reality tell the Bible rather than the Bible telling reality, all in trying to make yourself look holy.

One more thing... I am absolutely not holy.

Only Jesus is.

I'm not elect... I'm simply saved by Love.

Just go bury yourself in another commentary and hang on AMR's every word before you help Israels case any further.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jews and Papists are ungodly wretches; they are two stockings made of one piece of cloth.

~Martin Luther

Guess who authored 'Sola Scriptura' :chuckle:

Martin Luther speaks against the Catholic Church in that quote, and yet even the Catholic Church is, at this time, criticizing the influence in Israel that you few have been perpetuating.

The fact is that you can single out whoever you want, but Christianity has always been 'antisemetic'. They are all Jews and Muslims hijacking God and denying the Trinity, and you all forsake your religion to prop them up.
Idiotic and unbliblical.
It was GOD that propped up Israel.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Calvinist Logic

1: Calvin is the irrefutable truth

2: Did Calvin write or speak on this matter?

3: When confused, refer to # 1

4: When ignorant to an idea, refer to number 2

5: There's a bunch of us... We must be right

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Sola Scripture means Scripture only...

As in... void of commentary

Funny how Calvin embraced this and then made commentary

Now that sums it up

You are mistaken as to the definition of the doctrine of Sola Scriptura.

It does NOT mean only the bible is to be read, and commentaries (and creeds, text books, history, etc.) are to be ignored or rejected.

Sola Scriptura is the belief that Holy Scripture is the final authority for Christians. For Holy Scripture is the ONLY revelation given from God to mankind. His is the final word in matters of faith and practice.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So you suggest anti semitism is legitimate... this suggests the existence of semites. : )

Semites which you used Hitler to suggest didn't exist.

Jewish, as in culturally speaking. They are not blood descendants.

There is more Semite blood in Muslims than in Jews, because they chose not to dissolve their selves into other societies to an extent in which the Jews have.
The Jews are genetically unrecognizable to their ancients- any expert can tell you that, MADists are just 70 million of America's backwater Christians who would say the Earth was flat if they thought they could get away with it.

Are you from Colorado?

How original.
You're not really a Christian, you're a die hard liberal using Christianity to perpetuate your palette.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Idiotic and unbliblical.
It was GOD that propped up Israel.

According to what? A handful of Christians in the 50's after 3 million Jews were put to death?

The only thing propping them up in Israel are themselves using your heresy to remain there. The other 90% of Christianity sees the facade for what it is :wave2:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The people (plural) that GOD led out of Egypt was the nation of Israel.
Some of which (including Moses) were not allowed to enter the promised land.
To try and make these people the BOC is ludicrous.

Jacob/Israel was the elect nation of GOD.

Genesis 25:23 KJV
(23) And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

Matthew 2:15 expressly says the baby Jesus coming out of Egypt fulfilled the prophecy of Hosea 11:1 . . where "Israel" is named as God's Son.

This is the root of your error. You limit the definition of "Israel" to being only an earthly, national, entity, while ignoring full application of Holy Scripture that better reveals, defines, and teaches through deliberate usage of the name.

Taking away from the Word of God, brings sorrow, not blessing.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Calvinist Logic

1: Calvin is the irrefutable truth

2: Did Calvin write or speak on this matter?

3: When confused, refer to # 1

4: When ignorant to an idea, refer to number 2

5: There's a bunch of us... We must be right

-Cannons of Dort
-The Westminister Confession
-The Geneva Bible, which predates your KJV by a half century

These things are all of the Reformed tradition, which Calvin, his clergy, and many other renowned Protestants put in on.

We are right because we are right.
That is how Christianity is done, not a welded mass of arbitrary notions you all produce and paint into a nice image.

Your Christianity was hijacked by dissidents and, namely, the English monarch. And then America happened, which broke off from even that and became the most unorthodox Christian country on the planet.

And then
MADism was born :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 2:15 expressly says the baby Jesus coming out of Egypt fulfilled the prophecy of Hosea 11:1 . . where "Israel" is named as God's Son.

This is the root of your error. You limit the definition of "Israel" to being only an earthly, national, entity, while ignoring full application of Holy Scripture that better reveals, defines, and teaches through deliberate usage of the name.

Taking away from the Word of God, brings sorrow, not blessing.
And we all know that the group of people (plural) were the people (plural) that GOD rescued from Egypt.
And they (plural) were the nation of Israel.

Being prophetic does not mean that the original story and the prophetic fulfillment were the exact same person doing both.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
-Cannons of Dort
-The Westminister Confession
-The Geneva Bible, which predates your KJV by a half century

These things are all of the Reformed tradition, which Calvin, his clergy, and many other renowned Protestants put in on.

We are right because we are right.
That is how Christianity is done, not a welded mass of arbitrary notions you all produce and paint into a nice image.

Your Christianity was hijacked by dissidents and, namely, the English monarch. And then America happened, which broke off from even that and became the most unorthodox Christian country on the planet.

And then
MADism was born :chuckle:

Rotfl....

I'm no KJV man...

Just read my discussion with Gurucam at the beginning of the thread.

Cannon started with...... the Jews. I prefer the interlinear approach, coupled with translations from all of the available manuscripts... including the Dead Sea scrolls.

As far as what Calvin has to do with your verbiage...

Um...

# Condescending Reasurrance sent your way

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
flag-israel.jpg

Nang

TOL Subscriber
For Pete's sake, the bible is full of political stories.

For God's sake, biblical political accounts are historical events that led to or have to do with the incarnation of the Christ.

The OP wants to talk current/secular events.