THE BILLY GRAHM RULE

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm behind closed doors with women not my wife and I have no temptation to not love them or love their husbands by not lusting after the husbands wives. Do you think you would axiomatically sin with a woman in this situation?

In what context are you behind closed doors with women?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
"Never be with a woman alone who is not your wife"

Thoughts

stupid. I work with lots of women and are behind closed doors with them very often. Some are very attractive. So what? Am I tempted? No, we deal with each other on a professional basis.

Truster

Agreed. However that was fifty years ago. Today this rule means that men can't be trustered
Truster

If you really understood sin and the power that sin has you wouldn't be so flippant. I put your comments down to ignorance with a hint of your usual malice for the truth.

Dialogos

Who cares who's getting caught?
I've never been suprised by any of those guys. Matter of fact they make out to look like the model husband - lmbo

Good for you.

You appear to have your mind made up. If you are 100% sure that you can trust yourself completely, that you can trust every woman you might find yourself alone with implicitly and that you are 100% confident that a misunderstanding will never occur that might lead to questioning your integrity, then I guess there is no reason that someone as confident as yourself should consider employing the strategies of someone as cautious as Billy Graham.

The bible never commands such a thing so you are clearly free to choose not to take his advise.

I sincerely hope it works out for you and if it doesn't you have no one to blame but yourself.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Here is the issue, God has promised us that we can live fruitful mature victorious lives because of the power of the Holy Spirit. If we place a rule like this upon ourselves what we are doing is acting as if we are slaves to sin. My faith in God is that he will sustain my ministry. If rumors happen I leave it to him to protect me.

Furthermore I am commanded to love others as Christ loves. If I were to look at a brother's wife to lust for her then how is that loving my brother as God loves him? This is a simple commandment. If I lust after a single woman in the congregation how is that loving her as Christ does? Simple.

Without faith it is impossible to please God.

False Prophet

Was it Pleistonax who said, "Woman brings two days of happiness to a man; the first day when he marries her, and the last day when he buries her."

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does anyone think this is a good practice? Cause I think it's unbiblical
It is extra Biblical but not unbiblical.

Sure, it's not found in scripture, but I think it's a awesome practice.

2 Pt. 3:14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,
Phil. 2:14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

Your intentions might be honorable, but maybe not hers. Just ask Joseph.
:up:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm behind closed doors with women not my wife and I have no temptation to not love them or love their husbands by not lusting after the husbands wives. Do you think you would axiomatically sin with a woman in this situation?

1 Corinthians 10:12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It's men who are the innocents....they would not believe what wimmin say among themselves, they will say you tried it on, that is the least guaranteed thing they will say.

BG is wise.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am against making rules because they deprive you of your sovereign right to act intelligently as the situation calls for. However, as general guidance, what BG says is very wise.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I am against making rules because they deprive you of your sovereign right to act intelligently as the situation calls for. However, as general guidance, what BG says is very wise.

you not only have to make rules

you have to find people who will respect them