ECT The Bible Reveals Jesus is GOD

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What does it teach?

Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
Heb 12:12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
Heb 12:13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
Heb 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
Heb 12:17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Cross Reference

Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
Heb 12:12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
Heb 12:13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
Heb 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
Heb 12:17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

So why is it, I wonder that anyone believes that their future sins are forgiven?

Lets add this to your passage:

"For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. 2 Peter 2:21-22 (KJV)

Cross Reference

OKAY ... Please, all of this needs to be in the other thread.

This thread is about ... JESUS IS GOD!

OK. Was Jesus God while on Earth; when on His mission to be the sacrificial Lamb of God? The man Who crossed over into Glory and came back? The man who was glorified and gave the Holy Spirit in John 20:22?

ZacharyB

OK. Was Jesus God while on Earth?
What is this "the Word became flesh" (John 1:14) all about?

LA's denom insists it means ... God's spoken word became flesh!

This something who became flesh is described in the NT as being
"EQUAL" WITH FATHER GOD.

How could God's spoken word be equal with Almighty God Himself?
Can B emanating from A be equal to A?

Cross Reference

"EQUAL" WITH FATHER GOD.

LA is correct. The WORD, He Who was "Equal" with God and was God, the part Jesus thought would be "difficult for man to grasp" and that part John had no clue of until after at least the transfiguration when the man Jesus crossed over into Glory and came back to redeem man. Obviously Jesus was right when added the other things He said about Himself, i.e., "I am the way truth and the life" [no one comes to the Father but by Me]. [Jesus never claimed to be God]. The fulfillment of this part would be upon His resurrection, being the only means by which the captives could be set free from the grave to enter the promised heaven..

Jesus, the man, was God's perfect representation of what He purposed man to be when He created Adam, Jesus was the new Adam Who would advance to be the full Godhead in Divine human flesh Who began His life as the second Adam with a new covenant, new creation, new beginnings for man and with direct access to the throne of God all hanging in the balance, dependent upon His obedience...

Who was the "form" in this: Ex.33:22? He wasn't human.

Was this a man spoken of here or God: "For You will not abandon me to Sheol (the place of the dead), neither will You suffer Your holy one [Holy One]to see corruption." Psalm 16:10 (AMP)

If God didn't need a man to redeem man, why Jesus? And if the "Form" mentioned in Exo., Why come as a baby?

"Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" Hebrews 5:7-9 (KJV)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA is correct. The WORD, He Who was "Equal" with God and was God, the part Jesus thought would be "difficult for man to grasp" and that part John had no clue of until after at least the transfiguration when the man Jesus crossed over into Glory and came back to redeem man. Obviously Jesus was right when added the other things He said about Himself, i.e., "I am the way truth and the life" [no one comes to the Father but by Me]. [Jesus never claimed to be God]. The fulfillment of this part would be upon His resurrection, being the only means by which the captives could be set free from the grave to enter the promised heaven..

Jesus, the man, was God's perfect representation of what He purposed man to be when He created Adam, Jesus was the new Adam Who would advance to be the full Godhead in Divine human flesh Who began His life as the second Adam with a new covenant, new creation, new beginnings for man and with direct access to the throne of God all hanging in the balance, dependent upon His obedience...

Who was the "form" in this: Ex.33:22? He wasn't human.

Was this a man spoken of here or God: "For You will not abandon me to Sheol (the place of the dead), neither will You suffer Your holy one [Holy One]to see corruption." Psalm 16:10 (AMP)

If God didn't need a man to redeem man, why Jesus? And if the "Form" mentioned in Exo., Why come as a baby?

"Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" Hebrews 5:7-9 (KJV)

Yes.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

"EQUAL" WITH FATHER GOD.

How could God's spoken word be equal with Almighty God Himself?
Can B emanating from A be equal to A?

Gods word was spoken, and recorded as the Bible.

Gods word is God (qualitively).

God speaks to men today and this is what makes them like God, but not God.

Obviously that makes them like the first son God made.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

LA

ZacharyB

Okay, I'll admit it ... I'm blown away @ how blind the 2 of you are!

CR, did some denom talk you into this stuff, or did you figure it out all on your own?
CR, did some demon talk you into this stuff, or did you figure it out all on your own?
Jesus wasn't abandoned in Sheol, and didn't suffer corruption.

Jesus was a combo of God and man ... He was both.

Jesus the man was obedient and thus developed into a perfect man!!!
Jesus became the perfect Adam, and so could die for our sins!!!
This was to the Father's satisfaction.
He could accomplish this because He did not have man's fallen nature!!!
Gee, I wonder why?

I can go on and on about God's Plan ... but you don't believe any of it.
It's Spiritual Truth.

People who don't believe God's Plan of Salvation ... How can they be saved?
I dunno.

ZacharyB

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed
to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
The meaning and use of “firstborn” is a confirmation of Jesus being called “the only-begotten Son of God”.

“He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible (Father) God, the firstborn over all creation.” (Coloss 1:15).
“prototokos” (firstborn) here means Jesus was “the first cause, the source of creation”.

Jesus being the source of creation is verified in the very next verse:
“For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth …” (Colossians 1:16).

Jesus being the source of creation is also verified in this verse:
“These things says the Amen (Jesus Christ), the Faithful and True Witness,
the Beginning of the creation of God …” (Revelation 3:14)

Some Scripture verses say Jesus was the creator of all things, and other verses say
Father God created everything “through” Jesus. Either way, Jesus did the creating.

“firstborn from the (spiritually) dead” (Colossians 1:18, Revelation 1:5)

“For whom He (Father God) foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to
the image of His Son, that He (Jesus) might be the firstborn among many brethren.” (Romans 8:29)

Jesus holds the place of honor and pre-eminence among all who have been,
are now, and will be, “born again” spiritually … raised up to inherit eternal life.

“… that the Christ would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead,
and would proclaim light to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.” (Acts 26:23)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, I'll admit it ... I'm blown away @ how blind the 2 of you are!

CR, did some denom talk you into this stuff, or did you figure it out all on your own?
CR, did some demon talk you into this stuff, or did you figure it out all on your own?
Jesus wasn't abandoned in Sheol, and didn't suffer corruption.

Jesus was a combo of God and man ... He was both.

Jesus the man was obedient and thus developed into a perfect man!!!
Jesus became the perfect Adam, and so could die for our sins!!!
This was to the Father's satisfaction.
He could accomplish this because He did not have man's fallen nature!!!
Gee, I wonder why?

I can go on and on about God's Plan ... but you don't believe any of it.
It's Spiritual Truth.

People who don't believe God's Plan of Salvation ... How can they be saved?
I dunno.

Show a scripture which states Jesus did not have a fallen nature.

You see if he did not then He had nothing to overcome.

Some of your post is designed to be insulting of others. A common give away that you do not walk in the truth.

Why would Christ bless what you say to the heart of any person when you talk like that?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The meaning and use of “firstborn” is a confirmation of Jesus being called “the only-begotten Son of God”.

No.

The first born has the firstborn right even if he is not born first.

“He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible (Father) God, the firstborn over all creation.” (Coloss 1:15).
“prototokos” (firstborn) here means Jesus was “the first cause, the source of creation”.

No. The Father is the source of creation.

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Jesus being the source of creation is verified in the very next verse:
“For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth …” (Colossians 1:16).

Jesus was not even born when the Father created the world.
Jesus was in Gods mind and the center of His plan.

Jesus being the source of creation is also verified in this verse:
“These things says the Amen (Jesus Christ), the Faithful and True Witness,
the Beginning of the creation of God …” (Revelation 3:14)

Jesus had a beginning.

Some Scripture verses say Jesus was the creator of all things, and other verses say
Father God created everything “through” Jesus. Either way, Jesus did the creating.

No. Jesus is a part of the creation or no atonement occurred.

“firstborn from the (spiritually) dead” (Colossians 1:18, Revelation 1:5)

Jesus was never spiritually dead.

“For whom He (Father God) foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to
the image of His Son, that He (Jesus) might be the firstborn among many brethren.” (Romans 8:29)

Obviously the brethren are men like Jesus.

Jesus holds the place of honor and pre-eminence among all who have been,
are now, and will be, “born again” spiritually … raised up to inherit eternal life.

“… that the Christ would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead,
and would proclaim light to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.” (Acts 26:23)

because He gave His all to the Fathers will.

How are you at that?

LA