The American trail of carnage

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Whether you think what the Russians leaked discredited them is beside the point. Breaking into the computers and stealing the emails is a crime, no matter what the contents, and if Trump officials participated, as it seems may have happened, they need to be prosecuted. Committing crimes should not be part of running for office.

sounds good to me

are there international laws that cover this?

rexlunae

sounds good to me

are there international laws that cover this?

Nope. Just US domestic laws. We can indict Russians under US law, as we have in the past, but the people who we really stand a chance of bringing to justice are any Americans who participated.

rexlunae

There is no evidence Trump people had anything to do with the phishing attack, which is where the emails came from. Countries are doing it all the time. I have yet to see anything happen as a result. We hack into their computers too.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

I'd say just wait. There's a lot of suggestive incidents, and there are a lot of cases of Trump people lying about contact with Russia. Sure, maybe it's innocuous. But I doubt it.

ClimateSanity

The best answer was a fully honest one. Sessions went out of his way to deny any contact with Russians. It wasn't any sort of gotcha.
The answer he gave was honest.

Senator Franken, during the Attorney General confirmation proceedings, talked about “ties to Russia” and asked if Senator Session had discussed the Trump campaign “with Russian government officials.” Sessions answered he had not. Sessions has no “ties with Russia” and there is no evidence he discussed the Trump campaign with any Russian official.*

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
and we're out to "get" them :idunno:

and the french are out to get us and the chinese are out to get us, and the germans are out to get us

so what?

that doesn't make them our enemies

it makes them our competitors in the global marketplace
All 17 of America's intelligence agencies agree that Russia hacked the DNC and released the information through Wikileaks to influence the 2016 Election.

If the Russians had attempted to support the Democrats instead of the Republicans, conservatives like "ok doser" would be first in line to denounce them as "traitors!"

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
All 17 of America's intelligence agencies agree that Russia hacked the DNC and released the information through Wikileaks to influence the 2016 Election.

If the Russians had attempted to support the Democrats instead of the Republicans, conservatives like "ok doser" would be first in line to denounce them as "traitors!"

The democraps were guilty of screwing Bernice. Quit defending them.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

ClimateSanity

Those 17 intelligence agencies have Obama loyalists in them running things and leaking to the media.

ClimateSanity

No, they are filled with civil servants who serve the country regardless of the political leadership.
Doing dirty tricks for Obama is not serving your country. They are civil servants as far as their paycheck goes and nothing else. They belong behind bars along with Obama and rice and clapper and Jarrett and Lynch and comey.

rexlunae

Doing dirty tricks for Obama is not serving your country. They are civil servants as far as their paycheck goes and nothing else. They belong behind bars along with Obama and rice and clapper and Jarrett and Lynch and comey.

They aren't doing Obama's bidding. They serve the country. And many of those in the national security and espionage services are Republicans.