ECT The 4 major Christian baptisms

turbosixx

The reference to the "removal of dirt from the body" is speaking about water baptism.

The baptism which saves us is this one:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death" (Ro.6:3-4).​

Eight people were saved when "water" bore up the ark. So they were saved by the very thing which brought death. So the eight were saved from death by death.

And the believer is saved from death by death and that happens when he is united with Christ and he becomes one with Him in death.

Yes, Peter is referring to water baptism and he says "that now saves us".

The baptism in Romans 6 is water.
5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.

DAN P

You have NOTHING to contribute to me. When you told me that those who were IN Christ before Paul were not the in body, I see you as dividing Christ and totally blind.

Hi and like Paul said when he met Peter in Gal 1:6 they could not ADD anything to Paul's ministry YOU can not ADD anything to Post #156 and you are a Prevaricator and you challenge one but refuse to answer me and ALL are seeing that !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

No one was saved by John's baptism, but thousands were saved that believed and were baptized in the name of Jesus. That's the key, baptized "in the name of Jesus".

Those who believed were saved when they believed and that happens before a person is baptized with water:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

According to your ideas the gospel does not bring salvation to those who believe because the gospel by itself saves no one. You say that before anyone can be saved they have to believe and be baptized with water.

Baptism saves us through the resurrection of Jesus.
Rom. 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.

This is not speaking of water baptism but instead being baptized into the Body of Christ. Please compare the following two passages:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death" (Ro.6:3-4).​

The following passage makes it plain what Paul is referring to when he said that believers are "baptized into Jesus Christ:

"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus" (Gal.3:27-28).​

This is speaking about being baptized into the New Man, the Body of Christ:

"And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all"
(Col.3:10-11).​

turbosixx

Those who believed were saved when they believed and that happens before a person is baptized with water:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

According to your ideas the gospel does not bring salvation to those who believe because the gospel by itself saves no one. You say that before anyone can be saved they have to believe and be baptized with water.

This is not speaking of water baptism but instead being baptized into the Body of Christ. Please compare the following two passages:

The following passage makes it plain what Paul is referring to when he said that believers are "baptized into Jesus Christ:

"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus" (Gal.3:27-28).​

This is speaking about being baptized into the New Man, the Body of Christ:

"And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all"
(Col.3:10-11).​

Where the Corinthians water baptized?

Jerry Shugart

Yes, Peter is referring to water baptism and he says "that now saves us".

No, a person is saved when they believe the gospel:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

turbosixx

I know you don't think this is water based on the misconception of 1 Cor. 12:13. If this Holy Spirit baptism can you please explain how it's in the likeness Jesus D,B&R?

Water baptism is just like his death. Before we are buried under the water we have sin like when Jesus took the sins of the world. Then we are buried like he was buried and then when we come out of the water our sins are forgiven just as his resurrection forgave the sins of the world.

I can't think of a closer likeness in scripture.

turbosixx

Why did you quote me and then completely ignore every single thing that I said?

Why do you want to change the subject of my post?

Because I've asked this question before but you didn't answer and this reply is just going in circles like we've been doing. I thought if you would answer this question then maybe we could chart some new territory.

turbosixx

No, a person is saved when they believe the gospel:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

Did the jailer and his household believe the gospel? How do you know?

DAN P

Where the Corinthians water baptized?

Hi and explain Acts 19:3-6 !!

In verse 4 and it says BAPTISM ??

Is that TRUE ??

Be careful now , in verse 4 as it says that John indeed Baptized with a BAPTISM of Repentance ??

Is this WATER ??

Are you going to AVOID me ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

I know you don't think this is water based on the misconception of 1 Cor. 12:13.

It is easy for everyone but you to see that the "One Spirit" here is the baptizer:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body"
(1 Cor.12:13).​

This is the "one baptism" of Ephesians 4:5 but you deny that this baptism saves! Instead, you say that it is the rite of water baptism that saves.

turbosixx

It is easy for everyone but you to see that the "One Spirit" here is the baptizer:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body"
(1 Cor.12:13).​

This is the "one baptism" of Ephesians 4:5 but you deny that this baptism saves! Instead, you say that it is the rite of water baptism that saves.

Where these Corinthians water baptized?

turbosixx

Only those Mads and their supporters rely on their theory or doctrines.

You guys put Paul on pedestal instead of Jesus.

You people hardly quote Jesus' word.

just my two cents.

I believe this verse says it all.
1 Tim. 6:3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, 4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing.

Right Divider

Body part
I believe this verse says it all.
1 Tim. 6:3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, 4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing.
Maybe you really are just too dim to understand this, but Paul is NOT talking about the words that Jesus Christ spoke during His earthly ministry to the circumcision.

• Paul says that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision to confirm the promises made to the fathers (Rom 15:8).
  • Those FATHERS, are the fathers of Israel.
  • Paul says that WE are to NO LONGER know Jesus after the flesh (2 Cor 5:16).
  • The LORD spoke directly to Paul AFTER His ascension (Gal 1:1).
  • The LORD appeared to Paul MANY TIMES (2 Cor 12:7).
  • The LORD told Paul that He would do that (Acts 26:16).
  • Others, like you, back then did not believe Paul (2 Cor 13:3).
  • All they, like you, left Paul (2 Tim 1:15).
  • The "words of our Lord Jesus Christ" that Paul is talking about are NOT the words that He spoke to Israel, but the words that He gave DIRECTLY to Paul!
  • Paul is the PATTERN to them that should HEREAFTER believe on Him for life everlasting (1 Tim 1:16).
  • YOU are following the WRONG pattern.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Only those Mads and their supporters rely on their theory or doctrines.

We rely on the plain reading of all inspired Scripture using the literal, historical grammatical hermeneutic.

You guys put Paul on pedestal instead of Jesus.

Not possible.
Paul is now in the Lord's presence.

You people hardly quote Jesus' word.

I quote the Lord Jesus quite frequently.

just my two cents.

Two cents ain't worth as much as it used to be.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
We rely on the plain reading of all inspired Scripture using the literal, historical grammatical hermeneutic.

Your reasoning is absolutely out of context.

You don't have to be historian and theologian to understand simple Jesus' Gospel.

get real, friend.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your reasoning is absolutely out of context.

My reasoning is just fine and I regard the consideration of the context of Scripture as of utmost importance.

You don't have to be historian and theologian to understand simple Jesus' Gospel.

One becomes a theologian and a historian at the point where he begins to attempt to answer the question, "Who is Jesus?".

get real, friend.

Thank you!

Good day, Madam!

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My reasoning is just fine and I regard the consideration of the context of Scripture as of utmost importance.

Mads overall doctrines are out of context with Jesus' word.

I know you don't believe you are right.

So there is no sense debating with MADs.

good day to you too sir.