ECT That Same Power

Interplanner

I am reminded again that justification from sins in Christ is the center that won't go away. It serves as that about salvation (of course) and prophecy and many other things.

After the rebuke about their interest in the land (it is not for you to know), He told them they would be given a kingdom tool: power. It was the power to speak.

In Eph 1, we are told that the power that raised Christ from the dead (the authority over death) was at work in each of us. That power exists because of Christ's righteousness which mandated that heaven had to recieve/accept him until the end of time as Lord, Acts 3. He offers that too us to be justified from our own sins.

So when a person like Peter hears about this gift, and had a direct hand in the betrayal of Christ, he can get up a month later, and take all risks, and no matter what happens he can preach that Christ is Lord and is the one enthroned as seen by David.

We should see that it is not a magic or involuntary thing (this is an issue with Simon the Magician later). They weren't 'possessed.' They were freed, and concerned for all their countrymen, and justified from their sins. that same power that entitled Christ to be raised now empowered them to speak the message of that justifying resurrection on behalf of all who admit their need.

Hopefully we can all do that for people around us.

Danoh

I am reminded again that justification from sins in Christ is the center that won't go away. It serves as that about salvation (of course) and prophecy and many other things.

After the rebuke about their interest in the land (it is not for you to know), He told them they would be given a kingdom tool: power. It was the power to speak...

Yo, incompetent, He was reminding them it was not for them to know the TIMING of that.

And this here...

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Is this here...

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

And this here...

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And what that is a reference to is this here...

Matthew 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Continuing what he was saying in John, we also read...

14:4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. 14:29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

His point in Acts 1, you incompetent, was this...

Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Acts 17:11,12

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IP starting yet another thread concerning the land, because he cannot accept the promises of GOD.
He is soooooooooooo against the promises of GOD that he makes up stuff scripture does nor say.

Israel was promised land in which they would live in safety, never to be uprooted again.
IP cannot stand GOD for making Israel that promise.
He hates it.

SaulToPaul 2

IP starting yet another thread concerning the land, because he cannot accept the promises of GOD.
He is soooooooooooo against the promises of GOD that he makes up stuff scripture does nor say.

Israel was promised land in which they would live in safety, never to be uprooted again.
He hates it.

IP: "There's no need for it...."

I wonder who taught him to say that? Hath God said?

Interplanner

He hates it.

Tam is responding again in her ignorance of what the NT is saying. Several centuries after the diminutive return to the land and the miserable temple after the exile, the excitement of the NT is that Christ is the Sabbath Rest in the "land" and is the Temple. There is not a trace of the previous kind of restoration, instead, the NT follows Daniel 8-9, in which the land is ruined by the 'rebellion that desolates' and yet Messiah still succeeds in salvation.

There is no purpose anymore in the NT to just being in the land; it disappears from the apostles thoughts in Acts. Christ's resurrection is the fulfillment of whatever was promised to the fathers, Acts 13's sermon and Rom 15. Because that results in the mission. Christ is also celebrated already as the Root of Jesse, in Rom 15, so even that is in effect and has to do with bring the hope of Christ to the nations.

Making D'ism the most mistaken on the obvious points of the NT that's out there, because it is stuck in the normal Christ-less meaning of the OT, which is veiled outside of Christ.

Interplanner

This thread was not written to mention the land, but obviously if the power given in Acts 1 is for the mission, the land does not matter.

That's the great thing about the NT for the Jewish believer; even though they would lose their land, they were (or could be) 'ambassadors' in the mission of God.

Everything I read about D'ism is tone-deaf on these things. They don't know what side of the box is up and their map extends 1 block from their house and is supposed to get them to Yosemite.

SaulToPaul 2

Tam is responding again in her ignorance of what the NT is saying. Several centuries after the diminutive return to the land and the miserable temple after the exile, the excitement of the NT is that Christ is the Sabbath Rest in the "land" and is the Temple. There is not a trace of the previous kind of restoration, instead, the NT follows Daniel 8-9, in which the land is ruined by the 'rebellion that desolates' and yet Messiah still succeeds in salvation.

There is no purpose anymore in the NT to just being in the land; it disappears from the apostles thoughts in Acts. Christ's resurrection is the fulfillment of whatever was promised to the fathers, Acts 13's sermon and Rom 15. Because that results in the mission. Christ is also celebrated already as the Root of Jesse, in Rom 15, so even that is in effect and has to do with bring the hope of Christ to the nations.

Making D'ism the most mistaken on the obvious points of the NT that's out there, because it is stuck in the normal Christ-less meaning of the OT, which is veiled outside of Christ.

Made up.

northwye

"We should see that it is not a magic or involuntary thing (this is an issue with Simon the Magician later). They weren't 'possessed.' They were freed, and concerned for all their countrymen, and justified from their sins. that same power that entitled Christ to be raised now empowered them to speak the message of that justifying resurrection on behalf of all who admit their need."

There is spiritual power behind the Gospel of Christ. That power comes from God.

"Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles." Acts 13: 46

Does not dispensationalism honor and raise up the multitude in Old Covenant Israel, those of the physical bloodline, those who Paul tried to save, but who rejected the Gospel?

The TOL dispensationalists in the present form of their dialectic game do not make it real clear what their doctrines are that they are preaching in opposition to the Gospel of Christ. But that they are opposing the Gospel of Christ as it is stated in the New Testament is clear. And are not they rejecting that power behind the Gospel of Christ? You do not want to do that. In fact the earlier dispensationalists did not clearly do that. To some extent they preached the Gospel but then held to a Church theology which opposed it.

Matthew 5: 13, "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt
have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good
for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."

Matthew 5: 13 is describing the spiritual condition of the church after the
falling away of II Thessalonians 2: 3-7. "Savour" might be understood as
only referring to how salt gives food a better taste. But the Greek word
behind savour is Strong's Exhaustive Concordance number 3471, moraino, from
3474, moros, "dull or stupid, as if to shut up, heedless, blockhead..."
Moraino is a cognitive condition. But in Matthew 5: 13 moranthe refers to
a spiritual condition.

In teaching another Gospel, the churches under dispensationalism have tended to lose that spiritual power behind the Gospel of Christ. The Holy Spirit is not in them. But the fact that some do come out of dispensationalism shows that people can come out of the theology.

SaulToPaul 2

"We should see that it is not a magic or involuntary thing (this is an issue with Simon the Magician later). They weren't 'possessed.' They were freed, and concerned for all their countrymen, and justified from their sins. that same power that entitled Christ to be raised now empowered them to speak the message of that justifying resurrection on behalf of all who admit their need."

There is spiritual power behind the Gospel of Christ. That power comes from God.

"Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles." Acts 13: 46

Does not dispensationalism honor and raise up the multitude in Old Covenant Israel, those of the physical bloodline, those who Paul tried to save, but who rejected the Gospel?

The TOL dispensationalists in the present form of their dialectic game do not make it real clear what their doctrines are that they are preaching in opposition to the Gospel of Christ. But that they are opposing the Gospel of Christ as it is stated in the New Testament is clear. And are not they rejecting that power behind the Gospel of Christ? You do not want to do that. In fact the earlier dispensationalists did not clearly do that. To some extent they preached the Gospel but then held to a Church theology which opposed it.

a spiritual condition.

In teaching another Gospel, the churches under dispensationalism have tended to lose that spiritual power behind the Gospel of Christ. The Holy Spirit is not in them. But the fact that some do come out of dispensationalism shows that people can come out of the theology.

:chuckle:

Made up.

Interplanner

a spiritual condition.

It's the ones who believed 'this generation' was somewhere in the mid 20th century who thought they really had to get out to the whole world and quick. Well, the gospel did get out in many cases, either way. But you are right: it was in conflict with the theology in final analysis. And I agree that it got less and less powerful. To learn the labyrinth of D'ism saps your passion. It's multi-personality and schizophrenic.

Interplanner

ROFL!

Foolish man, it was not about being rebuked of the sure promise of GOD of their restoration of land, it was about WHEN it would happen.

Sorry don't accept that. It was about thinking about it. that's why the kingdom-term 'power' is used in the displacement answer: what matters is that power is on its way.

As you may notice from the rest of Acts, there is no interest in the subject; they learned their lesson. Likewise the rest of the NT. The rebuke worked.

You have a D'ist's knack for not seeing what is there.

SaulToPaul 2

Sorry don't accept that. It was about thinking about it. that's why the kingdom-term 'power' is used in the displacement answer: what matters is that power is on its way.

As you may notice from the rest of Acts, there is no interest in the subject; they learned their lesson. Likewise the rest of the NT. The rebuke worked.

You have a D'ist's knack for not seeing what is there.

Made up, as usual.
What's wrong with you?