Syracuse Caller re: Dobson, Colson, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Turbo

My point was that changing definitions and laws does not make an inherently wrong action right.
That assumes that some actions are "inherently" right or wrong. A topic that has been hashed out many a time here on TOL...

What was your point? Are you saying that the Bush Administration is right to do those things, and that "fundies" shouldn't whine about it? Or are you saying that that's what I would say?
The very fundies on the religious right (e.g. the SBC) that supported Bush to the hilt are the ones who are now squawking about his cavalier disregard for the Constitution and the rule of law in America. His parading images of the corpses from the WTC attacks to enable the passing the Patriot Act resulted in wrong, just as surely as anything you cited.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by granite1010
...Then the voters need to put their money where their mouth is and vote accordingly. Otherwise, we should stop our whining. The people who sank us into this mess...are us.
We have seen the enemy and he is us...

Shades of Pogoâ„¢ ! :shocked:

I would agree that in a democratic republic the enemy is usually "us".

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Zakath
I would agree that in a democratic republic the enemy is usually "us".
Spoken like a true Enyartian theonomist. Welcome to our side Zakath! :p

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Jefferson

Spoken like a true Enyartian theonomist. Welcome to our side Zakath! :p
Naw, I expect you guys to get it right occasionally. Even a broken clock's right twice a day.
:chuckle:

Chris Chrusher

quote:
Originally posted by Zakath

The major point is that homosexual behavior is not currently a crime in the United States.

Should we vote on Zakath's execution?

After all, no absolutes, we just go ith the flow, majority-rules, no after-life... just less Christophobes in the world.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Chris Chrusher

Should we vote on Zakath's execution?

After all, no absolutes, we just go ith the flow, majority-rules, no after-life... just less Christophobes in the world.
Well it certainly wouldn't be the first time the followers of Christ voted to kill someone who had different beliefs...

... it would appear you have more than a thousand years of Christian practice on your side, old boy...

But be aware if you try anything, you'd better be good with a scope and long distance rifle... I have a number of friends and relatives with considerable, shall we say "wet work" experience, who would take a very, very dim view of such attempts and who definitely aren't Christian or Jewish since they do not believe in only "eye for an eye"... :think:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.