Supporters Chant ‘Nobel!’ for Donald Trump Success in North Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The video, released Thursday night by the news outlet Now This, showed cuts of some of the network's best-known hosts, like Sean Hannity, Steve Doocy and Geraldo Rivera, pouring scorn on Obama for suggesting he could meet with leaders from Iran and North Korea without preconditions. Many of those same personalities and commentators are then shown characterizing Trump’s expected talks with Kim as a “win” for the Republican. Some even said Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts.

Everyone expects FOX to have a double standard. That's not Trump's fault. Although he was naive to expect that Kim would respond to his concessions with concessions of his own, he was making a good faith effort.

But he was clearly outfoxed by Kim in this case.

Donald Trump’s decision to cancel a planned meeting with Kim Jong-un is a gift to North Korea in many ways, according to some analysts.

Kim has worked for months to craft an image of a senior statesman and peacemaker, hoping to break decades of hostilities with a country North Korea has called its “sworn enemy”. Trump cancelling the summit further reinforced the narrative Kim is willing to talk while the US agitates for regime change.

“The crowning glory of the summit is still important to Kim, but he’s gained a lot of legitimacy and attention in the run up without having to give up any nuclear weapons,” said Euan Graham, director of the international security program at the Lowy Institute. “Now North Korea will posture as the injured party and Trump’s timing, cancelling at same time as North Korea was closing its nuclear test site, shows Pyongyang was trying to act in good faith.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ure-and-gives-up-little-as-summit-falls-apart

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Although he was naive to expect that Kim would respond to his concessions with concessions of his own, he was making a good faith effort.

Don't agree with you here although I agree with the rest of what you said.Trump isn't naive, he's ignorant and impulsive and I don't believe he makes good faith efforts, he makes decisions based on what makes him look good, and I think he was afraid he was going to be stood up.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You know the "right" doesn't like having their duplicity shown to them and goes VERY silent at such posts - what, are you trying to end up with no one to repeatedly prove wrong, ur, debate?

:chuckle:

Credit where credit is due, without Foxfire we wouldn't have been able to enjoy (in a gallows humor kind of way) watching FOX sycophants dance across the stage. :chuckle:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Don't agree with you here although I agree with the rest of what you said.Trump isn't naive, he's ignorant and impulsive and I don't believe he makes good faith efforts, he makes decisions based on what makes him look good, and I think he was afraid he was going to be stood up.

Like a lot of weak leaders, Trump isn't overtly evil. I believe that he does want to do well for America except where it would personally benefit him to damage America.

Hence his sudden shift on a trade war with China. Although ZTE had been in trouble over spying issues, Trump moved to save the Chinese company, after Chinese money flowed into one of his projects.

But initially, he did the right thing.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Like a lot of weak leaders, Trump isn't overtly evil.

I didn't say he was evil. But I think he's certainly capable of doing evil. Look at the kids being torn from their moms at the border. It's heartbreaking. I think that's evil.

I believe that he does want to do well for America except where it would personally benefit him to damage America.

He does whatever will personally benefit him or bring him accolades or give him a chance to get revenge.

Hence his sudden shift on a trade war with China. Although ZTE had been in trouble over spying issues, Trump moved to save the Chinese company, after Chinese money flowed into one of his projects.

But initially, he did the right thing.

Lot of room for disagreement there.

drbrumley

Trump Adopts Hillary Clinton’s Foreign Policy
Thomas DiLorenzo

So Trump cancelled his meeting with the North Koreans on the advice of his national security advisor, the lying neocon buffoon with the Captain Kangaroo mustache, John Bolton, who says he favors “the Libyan model” for dealing with North Korea. The “Libyan model” was authored by none other than Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama: Dupe Libya into getting rid of its nuclear weapons, promising to be nice in return, then orchestrate the savage and brutal public murder of the Libyan president with whom they made the deal. Then crow that “We came, we saw, he died!” and chuckle your head off about it, as Hillary Clinton did on video.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Trump Adopts Hillary Clinton’s Foreign Policy
Thomas DiLorenzo

So Trump cancelled his meeting with the North Koreans on the advice of his national security advisor, the lying neocon buffoon with the Captain Kangaroo mustache, John Bolton, who says he favors “the Libyan model” for dealing with North Korea. The “Libyan model” was authored by none other than Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama: Dupe Libya into getting rid of its nuclear weapons, promising to be nice in return, then orchestrate the savage and brutal public murder of the Libyan president with whom they made the deal. Then crow that “We came, we saw, he died!” and chuckle your head off about it, as Hillary Clinton did on video.

Reagan, after Khaddaffi sponsored a terrorist attack, attempted to have him killed by air raid, and very nearly pulled it off, possibly killing one of his children. Khaddaffi learned of the attack as it was happening, and fled his house, barely escaping.

He continued to support terrorism for a time, but eventually stopped, possibly under threat of more U.S. attacks. He continued to be a brutal oppressor of his people, even kidnapping school girls for his private harem.

Status
Not open for further replies.