Such were some of you. Hot button topic being homosexuality.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What makes them "liberal"? :idunno:

it's a good bet (not as skewed as I had expected)

piechart2.jpg

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
It is my understanding that when a person has sinned they are labeled a sinner of that kind. But here we have that it can be said of some people that they used to be that way. This is good news. What do you believe about Christians who used to be sinners?........
It's not OK to be gay.

Actually, it is okay to be gay, as long as you don't engage in homosexual activity (sin). Just like it is okay to be an alcoholic, as long as you stay clean and sober, and it is okay to be a glutton as long as you eat modestly.

I have said this so many times I cannot remember: Due to our fallen natures were are all attracted to certain sins, be it sexual, gluttony, anger, of whatever. That is one of the results of Original Sin. We ALL are drawn to certain sins, all of us.

The Christian is called to grow in Christ and not commit those sins. And if we do stumble and sin, we get up, confess our sins, and get back into the race.

The homosexual is no different than the rest of us. Their particular weakness is same sex attraction. Their call is to chastity and Life in Christ, and to not commit their particular brand of sin.

The problem today is that society has told them that their sin is NOT a sin. THAT is the big problem

Now, that is the religious perspective. We next move on to the medical perspective.

Same sex attraction is a mental disorder. Period. The corrupt lying APA however removed it from the DSM and now says it is NOT a mental disorder. They are liars with a political agenda.

That is a thumbnail of the issue.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you're not having sex with boys, you're not a homo. :idunno:

If you're not drinking to excess, you're not an alcoholic.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Actually, it is okay to be gay,

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. - Romans 1:24-32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:24-32&version=NKJV

No, it's not ok to be gay.

as long as you don't engage in homosexual activity (sin).

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. - Matthew 5:27-30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew5:27-30&version=NKJV

It's not ok to be gay.

Just like it is okay to be an alcoholic, as long as you stay clean and sober, and it is okay to be a glutton as long as you eat modestly.

It's not ok to be drunk.

It's not ok to be gay.

I have said this so many times I cannot remember:

Argument from repetition is a logical fallacy.

Due to our fallen natures were are all attracted to certain sins, be it sexual, gluttony, anger, of whatever. That is one of the results of Original Sin. We ALL are drawn to certain sins, all of us.

None of this makes it ok to be gay.

The Christian is called to grow in Christ and not commit those sins. And if we do stumble and sin, we get up, confess our sins, and get back into the race.

The Christian is not called to do ANYTHING but rest, and to let Christ live through us.

To the extent you try to be righteous, is the extent that you have failed to give up your life to Christ.

The homosexual is no different than the rest of us. Their particular weakness is same sex attraction. Their call is to chastity and Life in Christ, and to not commit their particular brand of sin.

God calls homosexuality an abomination.

There aren't many abominations named in the Bible, yet there are plenty of other sins.

The problem today is that society has told them that their sin is NOT a sin. THAT is the big problem

So you agree that it's not ok to be gay?

Now, that is the religious perspective. We next move on to the medical perspective.

Same sex attraction is a mental disorder. Period. The corrupt lying APA however removed it from the DSM and now says it is NOT a mental disorder. They are liars with a political agenda.

That is a thumbnail of the issue.

So, you agree that it's not ok to be gay?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I'd temper that with this:

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. - Matthew 5:27-30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew5:27-30&version=NKJV

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
^
You are totally wrong and you have no idea, apparently, that just being tempted by a sin is not itself a sin.

Once again: Due to our fallen natures were are all attracted to certain sins, be it sexual, gluttony, anger, of whatever. That is one of the results of Original Sin. We ALL are drawn to certain sins, all of us.

Just BEING gay is not a sin. Its committing actual sinful acts that are sins. If a homosexual never has sex and never commits other related sins, then they do not sin.

What part of that don't you people get

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

I never said that!!! Learn how to read.

Put correctly: If you're not drinking to excess, you're not sinning. You are still an alcoholic, but you are not sinning. Get it?

If you do not commit the sin then you are not sinning. EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING has the temptation to sin within us, different ones for different people, INCLUDING YOU!

Are you evil because of the temptations insidef you? Because that is what you are saying about homosexuals

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

If you don't quote my post, I won't know when you're responding to my post or someone else's.

You are totally wrong and you have no idea, apparently, that just being tempted by a sin is not itself a sin.

Me: *quotes Jesus saying that if a man lusts he has committed adultery in his heart*

CC: "You're wrong!"

:think:

Hey, CC, maybe you shouldn't be saying that Jesus, the God of the Universe, is wrong when He says that if someone lusts after someone he has committed adultery in his heart, which means that it's not ok to be gay.

Once again: Due to our fallen natures were are all attracted to certain sins, be it sexual, gluttony, anger, of whatever. That is one of the results of Original Sin. We ALL are drawn to certain sins, all of us.

Repeating your argument does not invalidate my response. Please respond to my argument against yours with an appropriate response.

Just BEING gay is not a sin. Its committing actual sinful acts that are sins. If a homosexual never has sex and never commits other related sins, then they do not sin.

VS:

Sorry, Crusader, Jesus' words trump your beliefs.

What part of that don't you people get

:AMR:

musterion

If one starts playing the "it's alcoholism/it's a disease" game, one also has to allow for "sex addiction" when speaking of serial fornicators/adulterers and even rapists and child molesters. There's no biblical warrant for calling any sin a disease, the whole point of which is to excuse it out from under God's condemnation.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Put correctly: If you're not drinking to excess, you're not sinning. You are still an alcoholic, but you are not sinning. Get it?
Sounds like an unnecessary distinction.

If you do not commit the sin then you are not sinning.
If you don't have sex with a boy, you're not a homo.

EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING has the temptation to sin within us, different ones for different people, INCLUDING YOU!

So I should call myself an alcoholic, despite having never been drunk, because I like the idea of drinking a whole lot?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is natural and what is temptation?

Is it natural for a man to lust after a woman? And, if a person is tempted that is not sin unless they are allowing themselves to be tempted. Which means that a person may sin as a result of who they are which is not the person they are supposed to be. God can change the mind and the human heart both.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
.....So I should call myself an alcoholic, despite having never been drunk, because I like the idea of drinking a whole lot?

Only if you actually know you are one. I don't know what you should call yourself or what your particular weakness is. Do you have anger issues? Are you fat and a glutton? Do you steal stuff? Lie? Cheat? You have something going on, as do we all. The homosexual has same sex attraction going on. That is his cross to bear.

But as long as ALL of us do what is right in God's eyes, then we are all good, and if we slip, God will forgive us as long as we are truly repentant when we slip.

There are actually homosexuals out there who do realize they have a problem and they practice chastity. I say, God bless them. They are doing their best with a difficult issue.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Has anyone ever used to be a drunkard or used to be a glutton? Certainly people used to be homosexuals.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
What is natural and what is temptation?

Is it natural for a man to lust after a woman? And, if a person is tempted that is not sin unless they are allowing themselves to be tempted. Which means that a person may sin as a result of who they are which is not the person they are supposed to be. God can change the mind and the human heart both.

Yes, it is natural to be attracted to a hot babe. Let's keep it real.

Yes, if you just sit there and continue to drool for ten minutes without pulling yourself away, then that too is a sin. Let's use a little common sense here.

But if you see a hot babe, feel that temptation, then pull yourself away, then you have not sinned. Likewise, if a homosexual is attracted to another man, then pulls himself away and remembers his Life in Christ, then he has not sinned.

If an alcoholic feels like drinking, then calls his sponsor right away and talks and gets past it, then he is a brave man and he has not sinned.

Come on guys, this is not rocket science.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, it is natural to be attracted to a hot babe. Let's keep it real.

Yes, if you just sit there and continue to drool for ten minutes without pulling yourself away, then that too is a sin. Let's use a little common sense here.

But if you see a hot babe, feel that temptation, then pull yourself away, then you have not sinned. Likewise, if a homosexual is attracted to another man, then pulls himself away and remembers his Life in Christ, then he has not sinned.

If an alcoholic feels like drinking, then calls his sponsor right away and talks and gets past it, then he is a brave man and he has not sinned.

Come on guys, this is not rocket science.

There is getting better than where you are at now and not having an issue with anything anymore. So I would say that freedom from sin and temptation is better than bondage to them.

I am not talking about engaging temptation. I am not talking about being attracted visually. I am talking about the word natural because it drives home the point that homosexuality is not natural. You may still be tempted heterosexually or as a heterosexual. Or just a man attracted to a woman. But you may need help from God with it. In a way it is not natural to be tempted, but in a way it is. Is it natural to sin? Sin and temptation.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only if you actually know you are one.

:dizzy:

Are you fat?
:noid:

There are actually homosexuals out there who do realize they have a problem and they practice chastity. I say, God bless them. They are doing their best with a difficult issue.

Sure.

Like I say, I think you're making an unnecessary distinction.