St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
They are in last place, PJ, and should be officially eliminated by May 1st. Tickets will be cheaper then. They had a good spring training, though. Retool, I say! Martinez is done. He should retire. My knees have scrapes from jumping on/off that band wagon....
I know what happened. I slept through the whole game yesterday. That's why they lost. I'm back on the wagon. The bandwagon that is.

john w

Hall of Fame
I know what happened. I slept through the whole game yesterday. That's why they lost. I'm back on the wagon. The bandwagon that is.

The are toast, as they've not won a game all season, and are in the basement. Again, we can look back on a great spring training, but, they need to "blow it up." They should "take a dive," trade all their overpaid players, for draft picks, and call up all the scrubs in the minors, and, that way, lose 78% of their games, thus securing 225 first round picks the next 2 years. "Ya never know"-perhaps maybe they might sign that crafty old veteran, Jeff "It was the beer that made Mil Famey walk us" Mayor STP to a free agent contract, to serve up his beach balls, so as to secure 235 first round picks. The Mayor takes off on Terry Forster.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

The are toast, as they've not won a game all season, and are in the basement. Again, we can look back on a great spring training, but, they need to "blow it up." They should "take a dive," trade all their overpaid players, for draft picks, and call up all the scrubs in the minors, and, that way, lose 78% of their games, thus securing 225 first round picks the next 2 years. "Ya never know"-perhaps maybe they might sign that craft old veteran, Jeff "It was the beer that made Mil Famey walk us" Mayor STP to a free agent contract, to serve up his beach balls, so as to secure 235 first round picks. The Mayor takes off on Terry Forster.

:chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame
The Birds have won 2 in a row, as their magic # dwindles to 160! Cardinal management has been given the "go ahead" to print playoff tickets....

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
St. Louis Cardinals sign MLB closer Greg Holland

BY TODD ESCHMAN

• [*=left]
      [*=left]March 31, 2018 02:44 PM
      [*=left]Updated April 01, 2018 11:41 PM

The St. Louis Cardinals on Saturday made more moves to bolster their pitching depth, including announcing the free-agent deal with closer Greg Holland.

The terms of Holland's deal still were not officially disclosed, but multiple sources have confirmed it will be for one year and $14 million with various benchmark incentives that could pay him an additional $550,000.

Holland, 32, is a three-time All-Star, twice with the Kansas City Royals and with the Colorado Rockies when he saved a National League-best 41 games.

He was dominant in the first half of the season, closing 28 of 29 attempts with a 1.62 ERA. A rocky August in which he allowed 14 earned runs in 9 1/3 innings distorted his season statistics.

He'll spend 10 days conditioning with the high-Class A Palm Beach Cardinals before joining the parent club in St. Louis, likely for an April 9-11 series against the Milwaukee Brewers.

View attachment 26317

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=3]Preview: Cardinals at Milwaukee | St. Louis Cardinals

CARDINALS AT BREWERS[/h]

SCOUTING REPORT • The Cardinals have owned the Brewers in Milwaukee for much of Mike Matheny’s managerial career in St. Louis. In his first six seasons, the Cardinals are 36-17 at Miller Park and 69-41 against the Brewers overall. But these aren’t the same Brewers as in many of those years. Milwaukee, which finished second ahead of the Cardinals last year, quickly has jumped to the lead in the National League Central Division, sweeping a three-game series in San Diego.

Christian Yelich and Lorenzo Cain, outfielders acquired by the Brewers in the same week over the winter, have started fast. The two are 15 for 28 over their first three games, with seven runs scored, six RBIs, four doubles, three stolen bases and two walks. Yelich, obtained from Miami, is coming off a five-for-five game.

st-louis-cardinals-players-keith-hernandez-george-hendrick-darrell-picture-id51455558

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Cardinals and Brewers made baseball history yesterday doing something that has never happened in MLB before EVER. Rubber game tonight !!!

Brewers, Cardinals make baseball history on Tuesday night

Baseball history was accomplished at Miller Park on Tuesday night.
For the first time ever a game both began and ended with consecutive home runs, with Dexter Fowler and Tommy Pham taking Chase Anderson deep in the span of three pitches in the first inning and Christian Yelich and Ryan Braun homering off Dominic Leone on consecutive pitches with two outs in the ninth.

It was Braun's round-tripper that walked off the rival Cardinals, 5-4, in a game it felt like the Brewers had no business winning until they finally found their bats in the final two innings.

"I’m just glad we were on the finishing end of that accomplishment because you want to be on the back end and not the front end, I guess," Braun said. "As long as this game’s been played it’s surprising that’s the case.

"But a pretty special win for us tonight. We were down 4-0 and it felt like 7-0, 8-0 with the way it was going and the way they were swinging the bats."

john w

Hall of Fame
The Cardinals and Brewers made baseball history yesterday doing something that has never happened in MLB before EVER. Rubber game tonight !!!

Brewers, Cardinals make baseball history on Tuesday night

Baseball history was accomplished at Miller Park on Tuesday night.
For the first time ever a game both began and ended with consecutive home runs, with Dexter Fowler and Tommy Pham taking Chase Anderson deep in the span of three pitches in the first inning and Christian Yelich and Ryan Braun homering off Dominic Leone on consecutive pitches with two outs in the ninth.

It was Braun's round-tripper that walked off the rival Cardinals, 5-4, in a game it felt like the Brewers had no business winning until they finally found their bats in the final two innings.

"I’m just glad we were on the finishing end of that accomplishment because you want to be on the back end and not the front end, I guess," Braun said. "As long as this game’s been played it’s surprising that’s the case.

"But a pretty special win for us tonight. We were down 4-0 and it felt like 7-0, 8-0 with the way it was going and the way they were swinging the bats."

It's over. The Cards had a nice run, but peaked with their 2 game win streak. The Fat Lady is warming up, offstage.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=3]A Short Video Recap Link:
Recap: STL 6, MIL 0 | St. Louis Cardinals - MLB.com
[/h]
[h=3]
Martinez on the mark as Cardinals blank Brewers | St. Louis Cardinals ...
[/h]MILWAUKEE • Whenever Cardinals ace Carlos Martinez has gone off the rails, it most often has been traced to his inability to survive the early innings or to complete a mundane fielding play. Martinez was able to accomplish both on Wednesday night, pitching around four Milwaukee baserunners in the first two innings but erasing one of them by starting a double play himself.

Once Martinez navigated the second, it was all downhill skiing as the Brewers simply were overmatched. Crafting one of his career gems, Martinez held Milwaukee to four hits over 8 1/3 innings in a 6-0 win, striking out 10, for his first victory and one that evened the Cardinals’ season-opening trip at 3-3.

He would have had the complete-game shutout but third baseman Yairo Munoz booted a double-play grounder in the ninth. Sam Tuivailala allowed a single to load the bases and then Bud Norris finished up by starting a mound-to-home-to-first double play.