Spiritual Israel not "Real Israel" is a doctrine of Demons!

Jerry Shugart

So stop selling out the New Covenant.

You confuse the "New Covenant" with the gospel, the "New Testament."

Those with true faith receive their blessings through the New Testament and not the New Covenant which was promised only to the nation of Israel. And that Covenant will be fulfilled in the future (Jer.31:31-34).

On the other hand, the church at Rome teaches that no one attains salvation except through Mary:

"Since faith is the foundation, the source, of the gifts of God by which man is raised above the order of nature and is endowed with the dispositions requisite for life eternal, we are in justice bound to recognize the hidden influence of Mary in obtaining the gift of faith and its salutary cultivation - of Mary who brought the "author of faith" into this world and who, because of her own great faith, was called 'blessed.' 'O Virgin most holy, none abounds in the knowledge of God except through thee; none, O Mother of God, attains salvation except through thee; none receives a gift from the throne of mercy except through thee" (ADIUTRICEM (On the Rosary), Encyclical of Pope Leo XIII, promulgated on September 5, 1895).​

That teaching is contradicted by what the Apostle Peter said here:

"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved"
(Acts 4:10-12).​

Why can't those who attend the church at Rome understand that salvation comes from the Lord Jesus Christ alone?

Jerry Shugart

When Jesus says we have to believe---we HAVE TO BELIEVE. It does NOT nullify all the scriptures where Jesus tells us to obey. What is wrong with you?

What's wrong with you?

The words of the Lord at John 5:24 are either true or they are false. I say that they are true and those who believe have eternal life.

According to your ideas believing is not enough!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why can't those who attend the church at Rome understand that salvation comes from the Lord Jesus Christ alone?

Why can't YOU understand that? Why are you pandering to people who hate Christ while they simultaneously debase your religion :rolleyes:

I implore every Christian I meet to stay away from people who want to support Israel and deny Covenant Theology, and it's not even something i make a point to do- that's simply the result when I speak upon Christianity.

And I do them a big favor to, because later on when I speak to them again I notice that I planted a small seed in them- they don't conform to Dispensational sham if you just forewarn them to begin with because they get a clear view of it before being sucked in.

It's not biblical, plain and simple.

God's Truth

What's wrong with you?

The words of the Lord at John 5:24 are either true or they are false. I say that they are true and those who believe have eternal life.

According to your ideas believing is not enough!

We do have to believe but that does NOT nullify the other scriptures where Jesus says to obey!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
So stop selling out the New Covenant. It's not a hard concept- you either believe there is one Covenant, and neither Jew nor Greek- or you believe there is Jew and Greek, and two covenants.

While you all make excuse after excuse, the Jews are simply smart bombing your culture- they are in your media and government enabling all the things you all exclusively blame on liberals.

I don't even know what to say about you people other than that you're a bunch of cucks.
Speaking of which, Google just inserted a liberal opposition to that word, as the search result would usually just point you to an online dictionary.

They feed and hold you like cattle, bro :rolleyes:

The issue with Calvinism... one of many... is that it understands the fulfillment of the Law of Moses and gathers the separation of the covenants... but it misses the bigger picture. A Covenant is a promise. The big two are not the only "covenants" of God. And further more... the spiritual realm has been conquered by Christ, but the Physical realm remains unconquered.

Jesus did this so we may be born and be saved through belief. We obtain instant salvation upon belief and a sense of "election" "through" Jesus. He is the Elect fulfillment of the covenant of Moses. But... he has not closed the Physical rebellion yet... thus Moses and Jesus remain.

Jesus emphasized this when He stated that the unmerciful will be judged by Moses. His promises to Israel are still valid. You don't "replace" Israel... you are counted a small "part" of it by GRACE. Jesus, King of the Jews, saves us through His obedience. In this sense... the New Covenant is an extension of the old covenant. If you "COMPLETELY" denounce the Promise to Israel... you actually invalidate Christ's work.

You would have to actually be Christ to Be Israel! But, you are not actually Israel! You are "In" Christ. He... Israels fulfillment... is our head. In Him is Israel and the Body of Christ. But, we are the Gentile, Body of Christ! Israel is still ISRAEL!

The Earthly hasn't passed away yet!

You denounce the pre-ascention dialogue that begins in Acts 1:6

Note Jesus' answer... he binds his return to Israel!

If you don't actually address my points here... I will begin to lump you in with [MENTION=3267]GodsTruth[/MENTION], who is a current waste of time, due to her unscriptural twisting of the gospel.

You discount [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION] so rapidly! He is merely quoting scripture till he is blue in the face and the scripturally blind are simply arguing back without listening!

The bottom line... you think you are saved by election, when you are only saved by faith. You blaspheme this faith by ignoring Rm. 11:20-36 ! You are literally being Arrogant towards Earthly Israel and deeming it more carnal than yourself, while you claim to be "Spiritual" Israel. You are essentially setting up a date with Moses!

Incidentally... you throw the word "cuck" around, when this means the husband of an unfaithful woman. Our Lord Jesus has two brides that are to be unified into one, at the close of the Physical age. One of them is Israel and she was unfaithful to Him, but then again... so is the BOC! There are false alters of men within the BOC that make us filthier than Israel! We are reliant on Jesus alone. You pray at one of those false alters and dare to point at your sister Bride/Widow. Are you mocking our Lord and God Jesus Christ now?

Jerry Shugart

We do have to believe but that does NOT nullify the other scriptures where Jesus says to obey!

Here are the words of the Lord Jesus where He tells us exactly how a person who is dead in sin receives life:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

According to you no one receives life until they believe and then obey. however, what Paul says here mirrors what the Lord Jesus said:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).​

It is you who are trying your best to nullify the truth spoken by the Lord Jesus and Paul.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Jesus emphasized this when He stated that the unmerciful will be judged by Moses. His promises to Israel are still valid. You don't "replace" Israel... you are counted a small "part" of it by GRACE. Jesus, King of the Jews, saves us through His obedience. In this sense... the New Covenant is an extension of the old covenant. If you "COMPLETELY" denounce the Promise to Israel... you actually invalidate Christ's work.

The rest of Christianity believes that the Jews, quite simply, already got what was promised to them. The Messiah was the culmination of those promises, and Israel all those who follow the Messiah.

Jesus did away with the blood lineage, the Bible clearly teaches that Christians are not merely adopted but are direct seeds of Abraham- it's as if the Bible goes out of it's way to correct your skewed view :rolleyes:

You all want to go about it like we're all Ishmaels who have graphed into the kingdom rather than turned away unworthy of the Jews. And no doubt, modern Jews go about it just the same, because they do not recognize Jesus as their messiah.

It is clear as crystal that you all have a horribly flawed perception of the very fundamentals of Christianity- you all have no reason to even be perpetuating it, you're just denominators by nature as that is where you all came from in the first place.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The rest of Christianity believes that the Jews, quite simply, already got what was promised to them. The Messiah was the culmination of those promises, and Israel all those who follow the Messiah.

Jesus did away with the blood lineage, the Bible clearly teaches that Christians are not merely adopted but are direct seeds of Abraham- it's as if the Bible goes out of it's way to correct your skewed view :rolleyes:

You all want to go about it like we're all Ishmaels who have graphed into the kingdom rather than turned away unworthy of the Jews. And no doubt, modern Jews go about it just the same, because they do not recognize Jesus as their messiah.

It is clear as crystal that you all have a horribly flawed perception of the very fundamentals of Christianity- you all have no reason to even be perpetuating it, you're just denominators by nature as that is where you all came from in the first place.

Welcome to ignore... brother of [MENTION=3267]GodsTruth[/MENTION]

Jerry Shugart

The rest of Christianity believes that the Jews, quite simply, already got what was promised to them.

That is now what the Scriptures reveal. Please consider this promise which the LORD made to David:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

There has never been a time when the Israelites were brought back to the land and then they moved no more (unless it is happening now).

There has never been a time when they were brought back to the land and at that time they were never again afflicted by their enemies. Therefore, the fulfillment of these promises which the LORD made to David remain in the future.

God's Truth

Here are the words of the Lord Jesus where He tells us exactly how a person who is dead in sin receives life:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

According to you no one receives life until they believe and then obey. however, what Paul says here mirrors what the Lord Jesus said:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).​

It is you who are trying your best to nullify the truth spoken by the Lord Jesus and Paul.

Are you just going to ignore all the scriptures that tell us to Obey to be saved?

How about WHAT PAUL SAYS:

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

So when Paul says you have to believe, do you really think he means and no longer repent?!!!

Jerry Shugart

Are you just going to ignore all the scriptures that tell us to Obey to be saved?

How about WHAT PAUL SAYS:

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

The primary meaning of the Greek word translated "repent" means a "change of mind." So Paul is actually saying that the people are to have a change of mind in regard to God and place their faith in the Lord Jesus.

Nothing which Paul said even hints that anythng other than faith is required for salvation. And the Lord Jesus made that plain here:

"And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Lk.7:48-50).​

God's Truth

The primary meaning of the Greek word translated "repent" means a "change of mind." So Paul is actually saying that the people are to have a change of mind in regard to God and place their faith in the Lord Jesus.

Nothing which Paul said even hints that anythng other than faith is required for salvation. And the Lord Jesus made that plain here:

"And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Lk.7:48-50).​

You are not speaking the truth about Paul.

That is to your great loss and you are held accountable.

john w

Hall of Fame
Are you saying that the definition I gave for the Greek word translated "repent" is wrong?

The Greek word translated "repent" is metanoeō and the primary meaning of that word is "to change one's mind" (Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon).

I pointed out to this demon, that the LORD God repented, Judas repented which, by her definition of "repent," i.e., "stop sinning...turn from sin...," then the LORD God was/is a sinner, and Judas turned from sin.

The demon did not touch my post, and slid back into her sewer.

Nanja

Israel, Abrahams descendants according to the flesh are not the children of God Rom 9:8!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Sure you right!

Rom. 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Ezek. 36:26
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Israel, Abrahams descendants according to the flesh are not the children of God Rom 9:8!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Sure you right!

Rom. 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Ezek. 36:26
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Your mutual misunderstanding of this scripture doesn't shock me. I actually opened your responses because you're both on ignore...

My instant thought upon reading each of your posts...

dumb_a.jpg

God's Truth

Are you saying that the definition I gave for the Greek word translated "repent" is wrong?

The Greek word translated "repent" is metanoeō and the primary meaning of that word is "to change one's mind" (Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon).

Repent is about SIN. We have to repent of our sins.

Jerry Shugart

Repent is about SIN. We have to repent of our sins.

Not for salvation. Let us look at the words of the Lord Jesus here:

"The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel"
(Mk.1:15).​

Here the Lord is speaking about two entirely different things. First, He is telling the Jews to have a change of mind about their sins. Then He tells them to believe the gospel. And it is only the believing of the gospel which results in salvation:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"
(Ro.1:16).​

This is so simple yet you just refuse to believe the Scriptures which are right before your eyes!

God's Truth

Not for salvation. Let us look at the words of the Lord Jesus here:

"The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel"
(Mk.1:15).​

Here the Lord is speaking about two entirely different things. First, He is telling the Jews to have a change of mind about their sins. Then He tells them to believe the gospel. And it is only the believing of the gospel which results in salvation:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"
(Ro.1:16).​

This is so simple yet you just refuse to believe the Scriptures which are right before your eyes!

Jesus says to repent of sins; it was taught in all the Old Testament; John the baptizer preached it, and even Paul himself.

Jesus taught it while he walked the earth, and even when he ascended to heaven.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.