ECT Speaking in tongues

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Seriously. If one sees a gift of the Spirit being given to someone, it does not have to be me. How goofy to keep saying that it's just for me. There have been NO gifts of the Spirit given to anyone in the body of Christ since the first century. If God wants to give them and I see them happening around the body of Christ, I would be thrilled. So far, I have not seen them "in operation" according to the NT record.

Excellent post.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh Nang, you poor soul. I feel your pain. It's the kind of pain you give to others. In other words: "You're a pain in the neck."

1Sa 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
1Sa 17:46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Revitalize the thread. Post audio of your tongues for testing, as all believers are commanded to do. God can ONLY be glorified by you posting your gift.

Unless.......

Produce the scripture which commands believers to do such or be proven a liar.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's like saying, "there's a verse I don't like in the bible, but because it's just one verse I don't like in the bible, I'll just ignore it.

Admittedly it isn't revealed what we shall be, as John said. However, when people speak, sounds vibrate in eardrums, which people interpret as communication learned. Does God have eardrums?
Now, we know that the spirit of God communicates with our spirit, not using natural speech, and therefore it is logical to accept that our spirit can communicate with God's spirit, not through natural speech (Rom 8:26).

The lORD even understands groans.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am saying that it is God's will to do with me as He chooses. I am His servant. If I am critically ill and it is His plan to heal me, however that happens - either miraculously or by medical means, then I am healed. If it is not His plan, then if I die or remain critically ill, I accept His will and He will be praised and given the glory 24/7. This is the position of millions of Christians based on the Biblical text. I am not some strange phenom - it is normal for a believer to trust God to do as He chooses with us.

Only babies do that.

When danger comes you will just do nothing.

It is not faith, it is fatalism.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I am saying that it is God's will to do with me as He chooses. I am His servant. If I am critically ill and it is His plan to heal me, however that happens - either miraculously or by medical means, then I am healed. If it is not His plan, then if I die or remain critically ill, I accept His will and He will be praised and given the glory 24/7. This is the position of millions of Christians based on the Biblical text. I am not some strange phenom - it is normal for a believer to trust God to do as He chooses with us.
Good answer. My life was saved by God on 8-8-16 in the hospital !!! I give all praise and glory to God !!!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If the nine gifts of the Spirit have not been in evidence since the first century, then it has nothing to do with what people believe about them, but what is factual. In other words, there is no evidence that these gifts have continued for the last couple of mill.

Try reading the thousands of testimomies.

You guys will say the devil did it rather than give God the glory.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Praying in tongues is not communion with God. Jesus taught us how to pray. It was not in tongues. Paul showed us more than anyone else in the NT what prayer consists of by example. It was not in tongues.

So how does your spirit prayeth?

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's the excuse I always here from Pentes who refuse to prove their claims. Scripture states that I should test the spirits of the thing. Time to get busy so we can weigh your tongues with Scripture.

You people are so ignorant.

You test the spirits against the life of Jesus.

That is what the letter of John is all about.

LA

Interplanner

Good answer. My life was saved by God on 8-8-16 in the hospital !!! I give all praise and glory to God !!!

except that as we mature we find that 'the day of salvation' was not an abrupt turn in our lives but the day of the Gospel. That is the 'day' we got saved--justified. What you're referring to was an abrupt awakening but only the day of the Gospel remains as the event upon which God can justify us.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You people are so ignorant.

You test the spirits against the life of Jesus.

That is what the letter of John is all about.

LA

You speak of those who you believe to be ignorant, yet, you were the one who not long ago made "predictions of death" aimed at certain posters on TOL. I was one of those. Looks like you fall short of being the resident "Nostradamus" of TOL. Why, because those deaths never came to fruition. Best to check your "made up facts" twice, before making any further predictions. That's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe that; someone else in here said if one of the gifts of the Spirit is gone then they are all gone.

I believe that all the gifts of the Spirit are also for this dispensation.
Unless I missed something and we no longer are in the dispensation of grace.

Have you been able to perform any miraculous feats? In this "Dispensation of Grace," we have the complete written word of God and the indwelling Holy Spirit. We want for nothing else. We no longer need tongues, the dead being raised, mass healing's, the blind suddenly gaining their sight, etc.

1 Tim 5:23 states: "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities." If Paul still had the ability to heal at this point, why didn't he heal Timothy's often infirmities?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Try reading the thousands of testimomies.

You guys will say the devil did it rather than give God the glory.

LA

Do you have in your possession thousands of testimonies you can supply us with and how to get in touch with these supposed thousands of people you speak of? I'm afraid I'll have to DEMAND proof from you. Are we to just, take your word for it? I think not. You don't have a very good track record for being correct on anything you say. I don't mean to imply that you lie, however, you dabble in exaggeration and silly pronouncements

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You speak of those who you believe to be ignorant, yet, you were the one who not long ago made "predictions of death" aimed at certain posters on TOL. I was one of those. Looks like you fall short of being the resident "Nostradamus" of TOL. Why, because those deaths never came to fruition. Best to check your "made up facts" twice, before making any further predictions. That's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

1Sa 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
1Sa 17:46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
1Sa 17:47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.
1Sa 17:48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
1Sa 17:49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
1Sa 17:50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
1Sa 17:51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you have in your possession thousands of testimonies you can supply us with and how to get in touch with these supposed thousands of people you speak of? I'm afraid I'll have to DEMAND proof from you. Are we to just, take your word for it? I think not. You don't have a very good track record for being correct on anything you say. I don't mean to imply that you lie, however, you dabble in exaggeration and silly pronouncements

go to google.

http://christianity.about.com/od/physicalhealing/

or you can read about Rees Howells and others like him.(try Amazon)

LA