South Carolina Cop Tosses Student Around

glorydaz

Another perspective: This is an example of very poor citizenship. This girl showed disrespect for the teacher, disregard for school protocols and a flaming disregard for the rights of her fellow classmates to exist in a peaceful learning milieu.
She took charge of the classroom and everyone else had to suspend all of their necessities whilst she disrupted the scene.
This is not an example that can go unconfronted. What are the other students to make of this? Do they get to do as they please also?

Exactly. As it is, the bleeding hearts have caused such a stink the poor cop was fired. So, the lesson taught was "I can resist and get a cop in trouble....woo hoo let the fun begin."

Quetzal

Exactly. As it is, the bleeding hearts have caused such a stink the poor cop was fired. So, the lesson taught was "I can resist and get a cop in trouble....woo hoo let the fun begin."
Ehh, I still don't see this happening. But if a large group of schools erupt into chaos because of this decision, you can throw the confetti and be the first to say "See, Q, told ya so!" :chuckle:

glorydaz

Ehh, I still don't see this happening. But if a large group of schools erupt into chaos because of this decision, you can throw the confetti and be the first to say "See, Q, told ya so!" :chuckle:

There are some in chaos already because the teachers' hands have been tied for some time now. It's been happening and this can only increase the momentum....the slippery slope just got slippier.

bybee

Chaos already exists in many schools and many neighborhoods wherein it has been shown that obeying rules and laws is no longer a requirement.

glorydaz

Chaos already exists in many schools and many neighborhoods wherein it has been shown that obeying rules and laws is no longer a requirement.

Yep. Did you see that video someone posted about the teacher breaking up the fight? The students were a mob (rioting must be taught there).

In fact, the officer in this case was there because of the gang violence. The pending case has to do with the officer getting some kids expelled for gang activities...it's a free speech issue that's still under litigation. The fact that the teacher and the vice principal agreed with the officer's actions failed to keep him from being fired. The public pressure is causing many a good officer to be dumped just to appease the bleeding hearts. :sigh:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i'd like to see the guy who edited the original video (that went viral) prosecuted, but i'm not sure what charge you'd lay in today's crappy american criminal just-a-system

of course, in a Justice system, you'd be able to charge him with bearing false witness

and give him the death penalty

that'd put a damper on this kind of crap right quick

glorydaz

still waiting for anybody to suggest a different course of action for dealing with a student who refuses direction and assaults a cop

and this particular student?

i predict that within a year or two she'll trying pulling that crap with a cop on the street and end up getting shot for it

Yep...it will embolden her.

There is only one hope and that's if her parents blame her (and hold her accountable) instead of the cop, which is doubtful. If they were such parents, she wouldn't have done what she did to begin with.

WizardofOz

i'd like to see the guy who edited the original video (that went viral) prosecuted, but i'm not sure what charge you'd lay in today's crappy american criminal just-a-system

of course, in a Justice system, you'd be able to charge him with bearing false witness

and give him the death penalty

that'd put a damper on this kind of crap right quick

Execute a guy for editing a video? :liberals:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If the deputy was armed and the girl had struck him...

this is the scenario i expect she'll find herself in in the very near future, outside the school walls, out on the street

she'll cop an attitude, resist arrest and start whaling on the cop and end up shot dead

and she will deserve it

bybee

this is the scenario i expect she'll find herself in in the very near future, outside the school walls, out on the street

she'll cop an attitude, resist arrest and start whaling on the cop and end up shot dead

and she will deserve it

But... this is a failure on the part of society. We have allowed an attitude of entitlement and ingratitude to take hold.

bybee

He also asked her several times to get up, then informed her that if she didnt get up she would be forcibly removed.

She had been led to believe that no one would force her to do anything. She willfully disrupted the class to the detriment of all the other students who were there to learn.
What about their rights?