Sources/Evidence and Their Importance

Alate_One

I came across an article yesterday that made me think of this. It's about reproducability in scientific studies and concerns that there isn't enough focus on that.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2015/0828/An-emerging-challenge-to-science-s-credibility

I think that's a mistitled article since it's really about psychology specifically, which is hardly reflective of all of science.

To which I would say any experiment involving humans is bound to be problematic since no two human beings are the same.

Quetzal

Can't it just be because you find the position unusual or interesting, but want something more than the interesting word of a stranger so you can look into it and either be convinced or feel better about your rejection?

:cheers:
Anywhere else, maybe. But not here. Most of the positions held are so extreme that they require sources by the nature of how the are presented.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think that's a mistitled article since it's really about psychology specifically, which is hardly reflective of all of science.

To which I would say any experiment involving humans is bound to be problematic since no two human beings are the same.

I don't think so. The specific example they gave was a group of psychology experiments but the overall article wasn't restricted to that.