Singleness

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jeep,

Rather than justify myself I would like people to see that it is possible and that God's law does not exclude singleness. That is, it is true that I am not married. And I am okay with it. And I do not want to be entangled in the everyday affairs of life. And I desire to serve God with all that I am. And that if my life is in any way an example, God's law is better than my example. Some have no example, or think that according to God's Law all people must marry if they are truly obeying God (which is simply wrong).

I am not a soldier, but this verse may be as important to me as it was to Timothy.

2 Timothy 2:4 NASB - 4 No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.

Jeep

Jeep,

Rather than justify myself I would like people to see that it is possible and that God's law does not exclude singleness. That is, it is true that I am not married. And I am okay with it. And I do not want to be entangled in the everyday affairs of life. And I desire to serve God with all that I am. And that if my life is in any way an example, God's law is better than my example. Some have no example, or think that according to God's Law all people must marry if they are truly obeying God (which is simply wrong).

I am not a soldier, but this verse may be as important to me as it was to Timothy.

2 Timothy 2:4 NASB - 4 No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.

.[/QUOTE]

"And I do not want to be entangled in the everyday affairs of life."

None of us do.

"or think that according to God's Law all people must marry"

You need to get better friends.

"Some have no example, or think that according to God's Law all people must marry if they are truly obeying God "

I really think you bring this on yourself. Or someone is pressuring you.

"2 Timothy 2:4 NASB - 4 No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier"

Besides being unmarried, how else have you un-entangled yourself from everyday life, no cable, no stressful job, no judging people, no lying..basically, not sinning....

I think you are trying to justify the fact you are single. You don't have to justify your being single to anyone.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

"And I do not want to be entangled in the everyday affairs of life."

None of us do.

"or think that according to God's Law all people must marry"

You need to get better friends.

"Some have no example, or think that according to God's Law all people must marry if they are truly obeying God "

I really think you bring this on yourself. Or someone is pressuring you.

"2 Timothy 2:4 NASB - 4 No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier"

Besides being unmarried, how else have you un-entangled yourself from everyday life, no cable, no stressful job, no judging people, no lying..basically, not sinning....

I think you are trying to justify the fact you are single. You don't have to justify your being single to anyone.
I understand there is no need to justify. I don't believe I am justifying. If I were justifying I would be saying I am either better before God for being single or that I am single when I don't have to be. Neither situation is true. I am simply talking about living for God as a single. We live by the same law.

As for friends, I was simply instructed on TOL I believe it was at one time that observing Torah or Jewish Law meant or means you must marry. I disagree. Whether Jewish or Christian (and I am a Christian) there is no problem with living single.

So no, no peer pressure. Just unjust pressure on account of a certain view of the 613 commands found in Torah, God's Law. Rather, a wrong view.

To be single does not mean to sin. So singles should not sin too. Singles and those who are married may both be tempted to sin. God doesn't want any of us to sin. Sin is transgression of the law. That is, any of God's law.

So it's not about the pitfalls of being single either. It is about observing God's Law and living by His Spirit in all the things we do.

As a single I recognize this, and I hope my life is an example of what it means to put God first even when you are not married.

Beyond that I just don't want anyone to tempt me. That's hardly justifying myself.

When the religious rulers justified themselves, they were saying how good they were or how they were good at certain things pertaining to God's Law. But God wants all of our life, not just parts of it.

Jeep

As a single I recognize this, and I hope my life is an example of what it means to put God first even when you are not married.

Beyond that I just don't want anyone to tempt me. That's hardly justifying myself.

I hope that cute Jewish/Christian girl at the coffee shop doesn't tempt you.

I applaud you for making yourself an example of what it means to put God first when your not married...

You can still put God first when you are married.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I hope that cute Jewish/Christian girl at the coffee shop doesn't tempt you.

I applaud you for making yourself an example of what it means to put God first when your not married...

You can still put God first when you are married.
I appreciate your words and encouragement.

I actually don't know of any cute Jewish/Christian girl at the coffee shop. They probably exist but I am not looking for any relationship with anyone. I have been in a coffee shop before but I don't drink coffee. Coffee shops are a good place to go and talk with people about the gospel. I don't use coffee shops for dating. I don't date. If you meet up with someone (a friend or whatnot) in a coffee shop there is nothing saying you can't talk about Jesus.

Put God first whether you are single or married.

If you don't know what the gospel is, research it... read the gospel... or ask a person you trust. If you don't know anyone who is a Christian find someone of your gender who is. It's not about looking good to others. But if you do the right things with every thing you do in life hopefully God will be glorified and people will be reminded of Christ or come to Christ for salvation.

The Christian life IS NOT about talking negatively regarding marriage. I am simply saying that not everyone is married at that that is okay. If a person engages in sexual immorality who is single that is wrong just as when a person who is married engages in sexual immorality. None of us should engage in sexual immorality. It is not for the Christian and we already know no Jew has ever been for sexual immorality.