Should governments execute murderers?

• OTHER - Explain below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Real Sorceror said:
You are also impling that people would be watching this? Do you really want people to see someone get beheaded or hanged? Its not pretty. People should not watch such things.

You don't think it would be a deterrent? Thereby making it happen far less frequently.

Real Sorceror said:
Whats so bad about a simple injection? Its just as scary to the condemed, and as you said, they are going to die anyway.

You mean with a sterilized needle right? You want to soften them to death? No pain, no gain.

Real Sorceror

Shimei said:
Stoning someone would probably kill them within a few minutes.
No, no it wouldnt. Not only would you be torturing someone, but you'd be encouraging dozens of people to be invloved in the death of a man. Are you people absolutly mad?

JoyfulRook

Shimei said:
You mean with a sterilized needle right? You want to soften them to death? No pain, no gain.
Maybe we could implement staring them to death as a painless alternative. The needle could hurt.

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Shimei said:
You don't think it would be a deterrent? Thereby making it happen far less frequently.

If we could coddle them to death they'd call for it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
death2impiety said:
I favor swift because it's what God calls for in the Bible.

No. that's why I said drop a 2 ton pay load of rocks. It seems more swift that a traditional stoning.

No idea.

It's Biblical.

It's Biblical.

One question to you:
What are the two purposes of the death penalty?
1)
2)

Nice way to ignore most of my post. I'd appreciate a complete response. I think you're capable of that.

This juvenile idiocy about dropping two tons isn't biblical, and you know that. Mangling women and burning them alive is biblical, however. What say you?

By your own admission you don't know what you're talking about vis a vis stoning so I suggest you do your homework.

The death penalty is a deterrent, plain and simple.

As I said, a full response to what I actually said would be useful, and you definitely need to get a clue when it comes to bludgeoning people to death.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dread Helm said:
He can die a swift but brutal death. We're not going to rape and torture him back.

Beheading is swift and brutal. A shotgun to the face is swift and brutal. Would you suppport these modes of execution?

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Real Sorceror said:
No, no it wouldnt. Not only would you be torturing someone, but you'd be encouraging dozens of people to be invloved in the death of a man. Are you people absolutly mad?

Again, this is why I say that our new technology allows for a new and improved stoning. I certainly wouldn't want to take part in one. The government and it's executioners would carry out the sentence.

JoyfulRook

Granite said:
Beheading is swift and brutal. A shotgun to the face is swift and brutal. Would you suppport these modes of execution?
I think executions could be fasioned to the crime to some extent. So they could be viable modes of execution.

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Granite said:

I would if the sentence is being carried out in the name of justice.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dread Helm said:
I think executions could be fasioned to the crime to some extent. So they could be viable modes of execution.

This opens all manner of nightmarish possibilities but I appreciate your candor.:thumb:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dread Helm said:
Maybe we could implement staring them to death as a painless alternative. The needle could hurt.

Don't they try and numb the skin BEFORE they stick them with the sterilized needle now?

They should say "Bring me O'l Rusty"! ;)

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Real Sorceror said:

Yes it would. A few blows to the head would knock them out and they would be dead probably in a few minutes.

Acts 7:

59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Real Sorceror

death2impiety said:
Again, this is why I say that our new technology allows for a new and improved stoning. I certainly wouldn't want to take part in one. The government and it's executioners would carry out the sentence.
Dropping a block of concrete on someone is frivilious and pointless.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
Yes it would. A few blows to the head would knock them out and they would be dead probably in a few minutes.

"Probably"? Do any of you would be stone throwers have the first frigging clue about an actual stoning and what it's like?

JoyfulRook

Real Sorceror said:
Dropping a block of concrete on someone is frivilious and pointless.
Hmm. It does seem a little expensive. Maybe the Government could get a discount for buying bulk....

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
"Probably"? Do any of you would be stone throwers have the first frigging clue about an actual stoning and what it's like?

Acts 7:
59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.