Shalom. Are you without sin?

deborah

Shalom.

Do you see that it says that Jesus did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets?

Matthew 5:17-19

Matthew 5:17-19 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Shalom.

Jacob

What do you think the word fulfill means ?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder,' etc." (Matthew 5:21)

That law.
Shalom.

This may involve looking at more scripture than what I mentioned. Thank you for providing your scripture reference, adding it to the conversation.

I observe the Sabbath, and it will be coming here soon. Enjoy the Sabbath if you can or if you do.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In other words to complete , achieve , being to fruition , being about accomplish . Jesus achieved it on our behalf .

Shalom.

See Romans 8:1-4 to see the reason that your statement needs to be corrected.

Romans 8:1-4

Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Shalom.

Jacob

deborah

Shalom.

See Romans 8:1-4 to see the reason that your statement needs to be corrected.

Romans 8:1-4

Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Shalom.

Jacob

I think it is saying exactly what I am , that that the law , thanks to Jesus , and only Jesus has been completed that we may now walk in the spirit and not in the ways of the flesh.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think it is saying exactly what I am , that that the law , thanks to Jesus , and only Jesus has been completed that we may now walk in the spirit and not in the ways of the flesh.

Shalom.

You have a spirit, and God has a Spirit. Or rather God is Spirit. I am talking about the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:9, 16
2 Corinthians 13:5
John 4:24

Romans 8:9 NASB - 9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Romans 8:16 NASB - The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

2 Corinthians 13:5 NASB - Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you--unless indeed you fail the test?

John 4:24 NASB - "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Shalom.

Jacob

deborah

Shalom.

You have a spirit, and God has a Spirit. Or rather God is Spirit. I am talking about the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:9, 16
2 Corinthians 13:5
John 4:24

Romans 8:9 NASB - 9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Romans 8:16 NASB - The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

2 Corinthians 13:5 NASB - Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you--unless indeed you fail the test?

John 4:24 NASB - "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Shalom.

Jacob

Think your going slightly off topic . We are a spiritual being in a body of flesh . Both want feeding . The Holy Spirit comes along to join with our spirit and remind us of spiritual things .
It makes sense that there is no way in our fleshly body that we could keep the law , which is why Jesus fulfilled it on our behalf .

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Think your going slightly off topic . We are a spiritual being in a body of flesh . Both want feeding . The Holy Spirit comes along to join with our spirit and remind us of spiritual things .
It makes sense that there is no way in our fleshly body that we could keep the law , which is why Jesus fulfilled it on our behalf .

Shalom.

You are not to live according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:4-5

Romans 8:4-5 NASB - 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

Shalom.

Jacob

deborah

Shalom.

You are not to live according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:4-5

Romans 8:4-5 NASB - 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

Shalom.

Jacob

For those that walk In Spirit and truth the law has been fulfilled in them . For those that live by the flesh the law is all they have .
If the law worked faith would be irrelevant, Romans 4:14

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
For those that walk In Spirit and truth the law has been fulfilled in them . For those that live by the flesh the law is all they have .
If the law worked faith would be irrelevant, Romans 4:14

Shalom.

I do not see what you are saying in Scripture.

John 4:23-24 NASB - 23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24 "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Shalom.

Jacob

deborah

Shalom.

I do not see what you are saying in Scripture.

John 4:23-24 NASB - 23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24 "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Shalom.

Jacob

My point is simply that Jesus fulfilled the law in His perfect spirit so that when we choose to also worship in spirit and truth that law is also fulfilled in us .

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My point is simply that Jesus fulfilled the law in His perfect spirit so that when we choose to also worship in spirit and truth that law is also fulfilled in us .

Shalom.

No.

I do not know what you mean by perfect spirit. These words are not found together in Scripture.

Shalom.

Jacob

deborah

Shalom.

No.

I do not know what you mean by perfect spirit. These words are not found together in Scripture.

Shalom.

Jacob

Your right , Jesus was perfect ... agree ?
That's why God sent Him .... yes ?
Jesus in His perfectness and goodness wether that be in his flesh or spirit didn't abolish the law but completed or fulfilled it .
So all of us that choose to live in the spirit is free from the law .

deborah

Jesus in His perfectness and goodness wether that be in his flesh or spirit didn't abolish the law but completed or fulfilled it .

I think we will never agree , you have already told me you live by 613 laws and commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I think we will never agree , you have already told me you live by 613 laws and commandments.

Shalom.

From Matthew to Revelation there are 1050 Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

And do you keep these commandments ?

Shalom.

Yes.

Shalom.

Jacob

deborah

Shalom.

Yes.

Shalom.

Jacob

Well without wanting to offend I do have my doubts , I struggle with just the 10 !
But in keeping all these commandments (which is pretty impressive, if true ) why was Jesus necessary ?