Separate Yourself

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You seem a wee bit "ODD" to me. Why is that?

I said
I should and thank you for noticing. Everyone that is truly born again will look peculiar.

Titus 2:14-15
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
(KJV)

clefty

I said
Sanctified by the Word of God from the Holy Spirit.

Eph 5:26
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
(KJV)

Oh my..."Washed to be made holy"..."sanctify" are both what the Sabbath is...yet to you it means you can reject this and choose another day? how you wish to worship?

With a golden calf too I presume?

As if the Holy Spirit would lead to another way than JUST AS He lived and loved.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Oh my..."Washed to be made holy"..."sanctify" are both what the Sabbath is...yet to you it means you can reject this and choose another day? how you wish to worship?

With a golden calf too I presume?

As if the Holy Spirit would lead to another way than JUST AS He lived and loved.

I said
You are one bitter self centered beginner. Has anyone explained to you that your way is not the ONLY way. God called many and chose some. God called people to the denominational churches, and He called some outside of the churches. Some worship on Sunday, some worship on Saturday. And some worship 7 days a week.
Its ok because it is from God.

beameup

Squeek and Meshak seem to be "stumbling" over Luke 17:21

The correct understanding of Luke 17:21 is found in the ESV (English Standard):
"nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you"
Jesus was telling the Pharisees in an indirect way that HE, the Messiah was "in their midst". Jesus was not telling the Pharisees that the Kingdom was INSIDE of the Pharisees.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...NSIDE-you-Luke-17-21&highlight=kingdom+of+god

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeek and Meshak seem to be "stumbling" over Luke 17:21

The correct understanding of Luke 17:21 is found in the ESV (English Standard):
"nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you"
Jesus was telling the Pharisees in an indirect way that HE, the Messiah was "in their midst". Jesus was not telling the Pharisees that the Kingdom was INSIDE of the Pharisees.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...NSIDE-you-Luke-17-21&highlight=kingdom+of+god

I said
lololo Bad theology. I entered the kingdom of God 30 years ago, and just came out 5 years ago. I received my revelations of Jesus Christ while I was in the kingdom of God.

Luke 17:20-23
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
22 Then He said to the disciples, "The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it.
23 "And they will say to you, 'Look here!' or 'Look there!' Do not go after them or follow them.
(NKJ)

beameup

I said
lololo Bad theology. I entered the kingdom of God 30 years ago, and just came out 5 years ago. I received my revelations of Jesus Christ while I was in the kingdom of God.

That's interesting, because the Kingdom was never established.
Jesus the Messiah came,
Jesus the Messiah was rejected,
Jesus the Messiah went back to heaven.
Jesus the Messiah will return again and set-up his Kingdom.
I guess you simply failed to read the Old Testament, as it has plenty of info on the coming Kingdom.

Now it will come about that
In the last days
The mountain of the house of the LORD
Will be established as the chief of the mountains,
And will be raised above the hills;
And all the nations will stream to it.

And many peoples will come and say,
“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
That He may teach us concerning His ways
And that we may walk in His paths.”
For the Law will go forth from Zion
And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

And He will judge between the nations,
And will render decisions for many peoples;
And they will hammer their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not lift up sword against nation,
And never again will they learn war. - Isaiah 2:2-4

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That's interesting, because the Kingdom was never established.
Jesus the Messiah came,
Jesus the Messiah was rejected,
Jesus the Messiah went back to heaven.
Jesus the Messiah will return again and set-up his Kingdom.
I guess you simply failed to read the Old Testament, as it has plenty of info on the coming Kingdom.

I said
What we have here is someone who has been blinded by the old testament. Which proves you don't have Jesus as your savior. Jesus said all who EVER came before Him are thieves and robbers. But apparently you don't believe Jesus. Which is why you will never enter the kingdom of God on earth.

John 10:6-11
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
(NKJ)

Anyone who attempts to be justified by the old testament has fallen from grace. That's you.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

clefty

Jesus did not seem to pay much attention to Sabbath keeping.

Really?

Did He instruct us to pray we specifically keep any other commandment?

Did He repeatedly debate Pharisees how to keep any other commandment?

Did He call Himself Lord of any other commandment? Derive His authority from any other Law?

Did He describe Himself lord of the non fornicator?

Or lord of the non idolator...in fact did He even say it was ok to make images?

Some claim His becoming carnate allows them to make idols...after all it seems like He didn't pay much

attention to image making...

He modeled it for us...as an example...commanded we Love just as He did...

So don't add man's traditions or customs to the Word...

clefty

I said
You are one bitter self centered beginner. Has anyone explained to you that your way is not the ONLY way. God called many and chose some. God called people to the denominational churches, and He called some outside of the churches. Some worship on Sunday, some worship on Saturday. And some worship 7 days a week.
Its ok because it is from God.

You resort to name calling?

Sabbath keeping is not my way...It is His modelled for us...taught to live JUST AS He did...does not include Sunday Ham...

The commandment remains remember the seventh day to keep it holy...not the first day nor every day...

beameup

I said
I entered the kingdom of God 30 years ago, and just came out 5 years ago. I received my revelations of Jesus Christ while I was in the kingdom of God.

So, after 30 years you were released from your confinement?

The King has been at the right-hand of the Father since he returned to heaven.
But he will come again with power and great glory to set-up reign as King over the earth.

Peter's sermon to Israel:
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. - Acts 3:19-21

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Really?

Did He instruct us to pray we specifically keep any other commandment?[\quote]

Yes, really.

He did not dwell on much about keeping the Sabbath. He admonished Pharisees to not to be legalistic. It is just find if it is good deeds.

He kept on healing people even Sabbath day.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So, after 30 years you were released from your confinement?

The King has been at the right-hand of the Father since he returned to heaven.
But he will come again with power and great glory to set-up reign as King over the earth.

Peter's sermon to Israel:

I said
You have no idea of what happens in the kingdom of God, so you just make up all this theology you have.

The kingdom of God inside is where you go to confront all your deceptions. And see Jesus face to face.
And learn from the revelations of Jesus Christ.

1 Cor 13:11-12
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
(NKJ)

John 14:23-24
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
(NKJ)

beameup

I said
You have no idea of what happens in the kingdom of God, so you just make up all this theology you have.
The kingdom of God inside is where you go to confront all your deceptions.

So, you are saying that the Apostle Peter just "made up his theology" concerning the coming King and his Kingdom upon earth?
So, you are the "enlightened" and the Apostles and Early Church Fathers "had no idea" of the coming Kingdom, but just "made it up"?

"He [Jesus] shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the Throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his Kingdom there shall be no end". - Luke 1:32-33

clefty

Really?

Did He instruct us to pray we specifically keep any other commandment?[\quote]

Yes, really.
you need to provide evidence He did so. A text that says something akin to "and pray that after I am gone back to heaven you can make images of me to remember me...in fact I am going to sit for a portrait as a prototype"...

Or "pray that in another hundred years you are obligated to be celibate to serve my church"

Or "pray that you keep from killing when you spread the gospel"

Or even "pray you refrain from stealing and lie when you sell your properties..."

He singled out the Sabbath and instructed we pray the Sabbath be kept...

He did not dwell on much about keeping the Sabbath.
instruction of Sabbath keeping in the NT occurs more often than in the Torah...

Of the commandments no other commandment did He do "as was His custom"...the writer emphasized it...

He announced His ministry on a Sabbath...He rose from the dead on the Sabbath

He admonished Pharisees to not to be legalistic.
in order to observe the Sabbath more fully...
It is just find if it is good deeds.
in order to receive a better blessing from its better observance

He kept on healing people even Sabbath day.
yes yes bold it... write it in larger font even

Healing is exactly the point of the Sabbath as even God Himself Creator of the universe rested and was refreshed by it...

As for changing it to Sunday...He was very clear that of Himself He could do NOTHING including changing the Law of His father...

The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He [God the Father] does, the Son also does in like manner” (John 5:19).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I said
I should and thank you for noticing. Everyone that is truly born again will look peculiar.

Titus 2:14-15
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
(KJV)

Also, there is a tendency for odd people to look peculiar, even though they might not be religious. How are we to distinguish which category you're in?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
you need to provide evidence He did so. A text that says something akin to "and pray that after I am gone back to heaven you can make images of me to remember me...in fact I am going to sit for a portrait as a prototype"...

Or "pray that in another hundred years you are obligated to be celibate to serve my church"

Or "pray that you keep from killing when you spread the gospel"

Or even "pray you refrain from stealing and lie when you sell your properties..."

He singled out the Sabbath and instructed we pray the Sabbath be kept...

instruction of Sabbath keeping in the NT occurs more often than in the Torah...

Of the commandments no other commandment did He do "as was His custom"...the writer emphasized it...

He announced His ministry on a Sabbath...He rose from the dead on the Sabbath

in order to observe the Sabbath more fully... in order to receive a better blessing from its better observance

yes yes bold it... write it in larger font even

Healing is exactly the point of the Sabbath as even God Himself Creator of the universe rested and was refreshed by it...

As for changing it to Sunday...He was very clear that of Himself He could do NOTHING including changing the Law of His father...

The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He [God the Father] does, the Son also does in like manner” (John 5:19).

I said
You are just rambling now.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Also, there is a tendency for odd people to look peculiar, even though they might not be religious. How are we to distinguish which category you're in?

I said
But we are not talking about non religious people. We are talking about religious people. The only true way to distinquish would be for you to become religious then see if they look peculiar. But for that to happen you would have to give up your cheap heckling. And I don't see that happening any time soon.

clefty

I said
You are just rambling now.

But not to you...

You are of another gospel accepted too easily...

"For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough."

Your Jesus accepts those that choose their own path as long as they are convinced themselves of it...

Imagine if the martyrs too had only realized they could have chosen whatever and made changes and compromises...