Scriptures for Passover

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The statutes and judgments in the Torah are the most righteous ones ever devised, since they were the ones God made.

Deuteronomy 4:8
8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?​

Who can say whether the Christians that choose to follow the Torah are right or wrong?
Only God can say.
Shalom.

God bless you and your studies. I know this was a year ago. Thank you. God bless.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And the LORD said to me: "What they have spoken is good. I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him." (Deuteronomy 18:17-19)​

You're listening to Moses when you should be listening to the Father who spoke through Jesus.

It's the Father's words that will be required of you.

Tnkrbl123!

God's Law is unchanging and unchangeable.

Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it. Jesus changed the law to make it comply with God's covenant with Abraham and Christ. The Mosaic law was not added to the Abrahamic covenant and is not applicable to the church of God.

But the New Testament scripture tells us that the Mosaic law is still applicable to the church of today, and will be until the world passes away.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished." - Matthew 5:17-18

Tnkrbl123!

God's Law is unchanging and unchangeable.

Does the NT teach the Law of Moses?

This is what the New Testament says,

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished." - Matthew 5:17-18

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And the LORD said to me: "What they have spoken is good. I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him." (Deuteronomy 18:17-19)​

You're listening to Moses when you should be listening to the Father who spoke through Jesus.

Moses is a prophet of God. Jesus is the prophet foretold. Shalom.

Jacob

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe Jesus observed the Passover with His disciples?

YES! Concerning the day of Passover, the Lord says in Exodus 12: 14; “You must celebrate ‘THIS DAY’*as a religious festival to remind you of what I, the Lord have done, Celebrate it (One day)*for all time to come.

Numbers 28: 16; The Passover Festival in honour of the Lord, is to be held on the 14th day of the first month. On the fifteenth day a religious festival begins which lasts seven days, during which, only unleavened bread is to be eaten. On the first day of the seven day festival of unleavened bread, (The 15th day of Abib) you are to gather for worship and no work is to be done………………. On the last day (The 21st of Abib) you must meet for worship and do no work.

Numbers 33: 3; the people of Israel left Egypt on the 15th day of the first month of the year, the DAY 'AFTER' the first Passover.

The Jews may have abandoned God’s one day festival of Passover, and incorporated it into their first day of Unleavened Bread, but not Jesus. He kept it on the day commanded by the Lord, the evening of the 14 day of Abib.

There was no slaughtered lamb that night, because Jesus was the reality of the sacrificial Lamb, and he offered his symbolic body to his disciples, Luke 22:19-20; 19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

The fact that it was the Passover meal that he ate with his disciples, is verified in Luke 22: 15; where Jesus said to his disciples; “I have wanted so much to eat this Passover meal with you before I suffer.

Because the Jews had abandoned the one day festival of Passover and incorporated the Passover meal into the evening of the 15th, the first of their seven day festival of unleavened bread, the 14th day of the month became their day of preparation to their Passover.

Their day consisted of a period of 12 hours of darkness followed by a 12 hour period of light.

The 6th hour of the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover meal, when Pilate sentenced Jesus to death, was Midnight. He was nailed to the cross on the 3rd hour 9AM of the 12 hour period of light on the dayof preparation to the Jewish Passover, Darkness covered the land at the 6th hour, midday, of the day of preparation, and he died at the 9th hour, 3PM, between the two evenings when the Pascal lambs were to be killed.

He was buried as the sun was setting on the 14th day of the month, Just as the Jews were preparing to eat their Pascal lamb which had been killed between the two evenings of the day of preparation.

To the Jews, the first evening began at midday when the sun begins its descent and the 12th hour, 6PM when the sun began to dip below the horizon.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But the New Testament scripture tells us that the Mosaic law is still applicable to the church of today, and will be until the world passes away.

If you mean the ordinances given to Jacob's people, they were temporary.

daqq

Does the NT teach the Law of Moses?

Yep, everything flows from the Torah, even the Prophets are expounding from the Torah; and the Testimony of Messiah is expounding the difference between "the works of the Law" and the Spirit of the Torah. For instance, If an ox shall butt with the horns against a manservant or a maidservant; the master-owner of that ox shall give unto the master of the manservant or maidservant thirty shekels of silver, and the ox shall be stoned. But if the manservant or the maidservant pushes back, and does the same amount of hurt to the ox, shall the master-owner of the ox still owe the thirty shekels of silver? I think not. Therefore when a wild ox or a wild bull of Bashan butts against you with its horns: turn the other cheek, and the master of that ox or bull will owe your Master thirty shekels of heavenly silver, and your reward shall be in heavenly shekels. But if you butt, and kick, and push back with your own horns of power; do you not have your reward already? :)

daqq

Is that why the priesthood and temple have been changed?

Or do those not count?

Well, "changed" is a poor word to describe what happened to Enoch. It is more like transformed, just as Enoch; still the same but Spirit instead of carnal and physical. Now all you need is to go check the wording rendered "change" in most English translations of what you are most likely referring to and perhaps you may see that the same author uses the same wording for the metamorphosis-translation-transformation of Enoch. This is not something that was thought of as being a "new" teaching with the first century congregations, but rather, most all of the Rabbins believed and taught that this would indeed be the very reason for Messiah to come, when he came, that is, to fully expound the Torah so that we may understand it in the way it was originally intended, and therefore walk in it, in Spirit and in truth. Even Paul tells you that the Torah is spiritual, in Rom 7:14, and at the end of that passage he expounds the different uses concerning Torah of Elohim, which is Torah of the mind, (Horeb, and of above) and Torah of sin, which is Torah against the flesh and all its carnal nature, (Sinai, and of below). :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Law of Moses prohibited any modifications or changes, no additions, no deletions.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
YES! Concerning the day of Passover, the Lord says in Exodus 12: 14; “You must celebrate ‘THIS DAY’*as a religious festival to remind you of what I, the Lord have done, Celebrate it (One day)*for all time to come.

Numbers 28: 16; The Passover Festival in honour of the Lord, is to be held on the 14th day of the first month. On the fifteenth day a religious festival begins which lasts seven days, during which, only unleavened bread is to be eaten. On the first day of the seven day festival of unleavened bread, (The 15th day of Abib) you are to gather for worship and no work is to be done………………. On the last day (The 21st of Abib) you must meet for worship and do no work.

Numbers 33: 3; the people of Israel left Egypt on the 15th day of the first month of the year, the DAY 'AFTER' the first Passover.

The Jews may have abandoned God’s one day festival of Passover, and incorporated it into their first day of Unleavened Bread, but not Jesus. He kept it on the day commanded by the Lord, the evening of the 14 day of Abib.

There was no slaughtered lamb that night, because Jesus was the reality of the sacrificial Lamb, and he offered his symbolic body to his disciples, Luke 22:19-20; 19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

The fact that it was the Passover meal that he ate with his disciples, is verified in Luke 22: 15; where Jesus said to his disciples; “I have wanted so much to eat this Passover meal with you before I suffer.

Because the Jews had abandoned the one day festival of Passover and incorporated the Passover meal into the evening of the 15th, the first of their seven day festival of unleavened bread, the 14th day of the month became their day of preparation to their Passover.

Their day consisted of a period of 12 hours of darkness followed by a 12 hour period of light.

The 6th hour of the day of preparation to the Jewish Passover meal, when Pilate sentenced Jesus to death, was Midnight. He was nailed to the cross on the 3rd hour 9AM of the 12 hour period of light on the dayof preparation to the Jewish Passover, Darkness covered the land at the 6th hour, midday, of the day of preparation, and he died at the 9th hour, 3PM, between the two evenings when the Pascal lambs were to be killed.

He was buried as the sun was setting on the 14th day of the month, Just as the Jews were preparing to eat their Pascal lamb which had been killed between the two evenings of the day of preparation.

To the Jews, the first evening began at midday when the sun begins its descent and the 12th hour, 6PM when the sun began to dip below the horizon.

Keep studying. The first month on the Jewish or Hebrew calendar is Aviv. Shalom. Jacob

genuineoriginal

Are you ignoring the Father's words because He said them to Moses?
Is that how you honor the Father?

genuineoriginal

The Law of Moses prohibited any modifications or changes, no additions, no deletions.
The Law prohibits man from adding to the Law.

Deuteronomy 4:2
2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.​

The Bible speaks about the law of the Medes and Persians (Esther and Daniel) and how the king can add to the law, but not change nor delete from the law.

Daniel 6:15
15 Then these men assembled unto the king, and said unto the king, Know, O king, that the law of the Medes and Persians is, That no decree nor statute which the king establisheth may be changed.​

In the same way God, the King, has added to His Law in the New Testament, but He has not changed a single jot nor tittle of His Law that He gave through Moses.