Scripture You Probably Have Newer Seen Until Today

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
beguiled in Hebrew
na sha'
naw-shaw'
A primitive root; to lead astray, that is, (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce: - beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly.
This word is not used anywhere in scripture to describe anyone seducing another for sex.
It always has the sense of deceiving.

1. The serpent is the Devil and Satan.
No problem.

Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
3. Jesus is not just putting words together, he means they do the deeds of the Devil.
Yes, the deeds of the devil, not that they were literally conceived by the devil.

One could also do the deeds of Abraham without being a literal descendant of Abraham.

4. They, those that did not believe on Him could not understand him.
I'm not sure why you would think this is important to the lineage of Cain.
You are not suggesting that all descendants of Adam & Eve believe and understand, are you?

Let me post this scripture message so you can see that literal parentage is not what is meant when talking about doing the deeds of your father, but a spiritual parentage.

John 8:33-40 KJV​
(33) They [the Jews Jesus was speaking to] answered him, We be Abraham's seed [there is the literal lineage] and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?​
(34) Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.​
(35) And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.​
(36) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.​
(37) I [Jesus] know that ye are Abraham's seed [Jesus confirms their literal lineage],; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

[Now Jesus will speak of spiritual parentage]

(38) I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.​
(39) They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.​
(40) But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.​

We can tell it changes from a literal parentage to a spiritual parentage because Jesus Christ himself already confirmed that their literal parentage was indeed Abraham

iamaberean

Let me post this scripture message so you can see that literal parentage is not what is meant when talking about doing the deeds of your father, but a spiritual parentage.

John 8:33-40 KJV
(33) They [the Jews Jesus was speaking to] answered him, We be Abraham's seed [there is the literal lineage] and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

We can tell it changes from a literal parentage to a spiritual parentage because Jesus Christ himself already confirmed that their literal parentage was indeed Abraham

One could claim that Abraham was their father and still not be considered a child of Israel. Abraham begat Ishmael and Isaac. Isaac was the one of promise. Issac begat Esau and Jacob. Jacob was the one of promise.

The fact that they said they had never been in bondage is admitting they are not of Jacob's seed.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
To me it is about knowing God's word. It started 20 years ago when my son ask me about 'preterism'. I told him I had never heard of it but I would study. I instinctively knew that this would not be an easy task, so in prayer I told God that I wanted the truth and would accept what ever he showed me. The biggest jump in understanding the bible came within the year. Since then if there is something that isn't clear I ask God to explain it. This is the reasons all my answers are scripture.
Many a nutjob "Christian" cult leader has said EXACTLY the same thing.

So here we go. Anybody who doesn't believe there is a devil is not living in the real world.

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
beguiled in Hebrew
na sha'
naw-shaw'
A primitive root; to lead astray, that is, (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce: - beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly.
Beguile means to beguile. It's a really simple English word. No thesaurus or lexicon needed. He tricked her.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
1. The serpent is the Devil and Satan.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2. Beguiled in Hebrew means seduced or deceived but probably both.
The meaning is determined by the context. There is no reason to suggest that Satan sexually seduced Eve. They are talking about eating the fruit of a tree and then she AND HER HUSBAND BOTH ate of it. Are you suggesting that they had a threesome? That's what your contrivance would directly imply.

Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
3. Jesus is not just putting words together, he means they do the deeds of the Devil.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
4. They, those that did not believe on Him could not understand him.

Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
5.Jesus calls them serpents and vipers and tells them that will bear the blame for all the righteous blood shed from the blood of righteous Abel.
We know Cain slew Abel so accordingly Cain would also be a devil. That was not because Adam was his father but because the Serpant, the Devil, was his father.
Yes, it's called a figure of speech. Evil people are likened unto serpents and called devils. That doesn't mean that they are literal snakes and demons.
If this is how you do theology, nothing you say is falsifiable. You and David Koresh would've been fast friends. He used similar logic to talk young girls into having sex with him and causing people to believe that he was the 2nd coming of Christ. And that is no exaggeration. This is the exact same sort of "logic" he would use. Same goes for Jim Jones and it's especially reminiscent of Yahweh ben Yahweh.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;
6. God told Satan that he would put hatred between his seed (offspring) and her seed (offspring). The first hatred between the seed of the devil and the seed of Eve was when Cain slew Abel.
Again, going much much further than the text can support.

To me these things are important because God has added to my knowledge of him, no other reason other than to share it with you.
Perhaps God has led you here so that I could inform you that your logic is seriously flawed and that you've been desperately deceived.

May the LORD bless us in our journey with Him.
Speaking of the Lord, could I recommend you read the following post...

I God Moral?

You'll probably think that the essay in that post has nothing to do with what is being discussed here and to some extent you'd be right but it isn't the major topic of that essay that pertains but rather the major premise upon which the essay is based, that being the meaning of the word Logos and what it means to say that God is the Son is the Logos of God. Not only that but it also serves as an example of how to correctly do what you've erroneously done with the word beguile. In other words, I have no problem with looking at the dictionary definitions of words and making certain applications based on what you find but we are not allowed to cherry pick which definitions we want to use and then build doctrines around those definitions. That's building doctrine based on the dictionary, not the bible. The selection of a particular meaning has to have some rational basis. It can't be "because God told me". In fact, the way God tells us such things is through God's word and sound reason, which is really the main point of that essay. I strongly encourage you to read it.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

One could claim that Abraham was their father and still not be considered a child of Israel. Abraham begat Ishmael and Isaac. Isaac was the one of promise. Issac begat Esau and Jacob. Jacob was the one of promise.

The fact that they said they had never been in bondage is admitting they are not of Jacob's seed.
The ones Jesus was talking to at the time were called Jews.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That's right.
I know

Why would Jesus call them serpents and vipers?
Had nothing to do with them being literal descendants of Satan because they were not literal descendants of Satan through Cain.
We know that because Jesus confirmed that they were literal descendants of Abraham, and Abraham was a descendant of Adam & Eve through Seth, not a descendant of Satan & Eve through Cain.