Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

daqq

Since daqq brought up the Diatessaron, possibility inadvertently, I thought it might be helpful to quote how a second century harmony of the gospel tells the story of Jairus:

And when Jesus had crossed in the ship to that side, a great multitude received him; and they were all looking for him. And a man named Jairus, the chief of the synagogue, fell before the feet of Jesus, and besought him much, and said unto him, I have an only daughter, and she is come nigh unto death; but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live. And Jesus rose, and his disciples, and they followed him. And there joined him a great multitude, and they pressed him. And a woman, which had a flow of blood for twelve years...And Jesus said unto her, Be of good courage, daughter; thy faith hath made thee alive; depart in peace, and be whole from thy plague.
And while he was yet speaking, there came a man from the house of the chief of the synagogue, and said unto him, Thy daughter hath died; so trouble not the teacher. But Jesus heard, and said unto the father of the maid, Fear not: but believe only, and she shall live. And he suffered no man to go with him, except Simon Cephas, and James, and John the brother of James. And they reached the house of the chief of the synagogue; and he saw them agitated, weeping and wailing. And he entered, and said unto them, Why are ye agitated and weeping? the Arabic, maid hath not died, but she is sleeping. And they laughed at him, for they knew that she had died. And he put every man forth without, and took the father of the maid, and her mother, and Simon, and James, and John, and entered into the place where the maid was laid. And he took hold of the hand of the maid, and said unto her, Maid, arise. And her spirit returned, and straightway she arose and walked: and she was about twelve years of age. And he commanded that there should be given to her something to eat. And her father wondered greatly: and he warned them that they should tell no man what had happened. And this report spread in all that land.

The Diatessaron rejects Matthew’s version and follows the Mark/Luke version.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/diatessaron.html

Lol, I was going to comment on that, (when YOU brought it up), but I did not. However, now that YOU have brought it up a second time, (yes, I have read it, and yes I kind of hinted at it without naming it), it only shows the direction in which YOU are heading, (complete and utter failure in abysmal error). The author clearly did not understand what he was reading just like yourself. :chuckle:

2003cobra

I doubt you fully understood: I am saying three different Gospel authors, three different people, three different "daughters of Jairus" because the authors are three and they are giving you a glimpse into themselves as they follow the Master in their walk, (Mark may as well be Peter as well as Luke may as well be Paul and they all borrow from each other because they are brethren). You will only get worse because the deeper you dig the more your mindset will disallow what the texts actually say. You cannot get to where you need to be from your mindset and your in-thread mentor is not going to be able to help you in that. If I really wanted to I could go ahead and push you over the edge with some of the real issues you haven't even touched on and probably do not even know exist, rather that let you flounder as you appear to be doing, but it is not my duty to try to break anyone or drive them away from the faith. You wanted my answer: I gave it to you. What you believe in your house is your business, but you freely admit that you do not have a Word foundation you can trust: in my house, I do.

So, it is a combination of pretending their are three separate events and spiritualizing the text into nonsense.

It is a blatant disbelief in what the Bible actually says.

“three different ‘daughters of Jairus’” Wow. It is incredible that Lon, glory, and Patrick Jane support you in this.

daqq

So, it is a combination of pretending their are three separate events and spiritualizing the text into nonsense.

It is a blatant disbelief in what the Bible actually says.

“three different ‘daughters of Jairus’” Wow. It is incredible that Lon, glory, and Patrick Jane support you in this.

I have not noticed any of them thanking those posts. You are assuming again and pretending to read minds. Either way, yes, I stand by what I said because I know it is true and have already been where you are.

2003cobra

The reality that God does not use signs and wonders in this age of Grace.

There is always a purpose for miracles and signs and wonders. There was a purpose they were used in the Old Testament. To show the power of God to the world. There was a purpose they were used by the hands of the Apostles. They were used to bring people to belief in Christ.

Acts 5:12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.​

Now, in this age of Grace, we have the Gospel to preach, and it's by hearing and believing the Gospel that men are saved. It's by prayer and supplication that we are healed. We have direct access to God, and need not have any man "performing" any such acts.

George, please look at the post above.

No one here (except the occasional atheist) thinks that God cannot and does not perform miracles on a daily basis.
Or that He is, in any way, impotent or limited.
Every time a sinner is saved, a miracle of the Holy Spirit is performed.

You are deliberately and mischievously attempting to put words in people's mouths.
That attitude is a mark of a troll and the deception that they specialize in.
If you persist with this, do not be surprised if others answer you unkindly.
Look at Glory’s post above.

Maybe I misunderstood her post, but I don’t think so.

I prefer to think differently of you because I came out of the same teaching, subjectivism, and I have seen both sides clearly.
You prefer to listen to yourself rather than God.
This is a characteristic of charismatic teachers.

The supernatural gifts of prophetic utterance, unlearned languages, and heavenly knowledge ceased when God's perfect revelation to sinful man was complete. God said this by imparting previously unknown knowledge to Paul and he faithfully gave it to us by way of the Corinthian church. The burden is upon you to cite instances where this doctrine of cessation may be proven false.
When do you think that perfect revelation was complete?

2003cobra

I have not noticed any of them thanking those posts. You are assuming again and pretending to read minds. Either way, yes, I stand by what I said because I know it is true and have already been where you are.
They aren’t rebuking this nonsense. That would be the righteous thing to do.

daqq

It is incredible that Lon, glory, and Patrick Jane support you in this.

Also, please allow me to fill you in a little better because you seem to have gotten yet another wrong impression: I am certainly no "ringleader" here, and in fact in the rest of the forum, for the most part everywhere outside of this thread, I am an "outsider", and I do know my place well because I have been put there enough times and either had to like it or lump it. And yet by the grace of Elohim here am I. :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sacred core writings of the faithful to GOD, spanning time and geography.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 10-21.

Thank you for giving a response. May your understanding of God's word continue to grow.

Shalom.

Jacob

2003cobra

To 2003cobra (mainly) and others who disagree with Inerrant Scripture doctrine:

In order to have a productive discussion, we must agree on certain terms and vocabulary. First, naturally, would be "error." If a simple misspelling is classified as "error," then you are correct. However, if a simple misspelling, or slight numerical error is not what renders something as "errant," then the doctrine of innerancy applies. Also, one must consider the historical context of the Scripture composition. The Old Testament was written, transcribed, and copied over a very long period of time, centuries in fact. The Hebrews were very meticulous when it came to preserving the Old Testament books and documents. The contents of the New Testament, however, were all copied very quickly (in the want to be able to send out as many copies as possible for converting non-Christians), thus allowing for spelling errors, possible variations in numerical representations, etc. It was in I believe 390 AD, in which St. Jerome began to compile the Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew Manuscripts, creating the Septuagint/Vulgate. This text is regarded as being the most scholastic and complete gathering, comparison, and composition of the Scriptures. St. Jerome sought to create as close to original manuscript composition, as possible. It is from this text that various Bibles come from. (If we need to discuss various versions, such as comparatively the Douay-Rheims, King James, New International, English Standard, Wycliffe, etc)
I do not consider copyist errors or misspellings errors.

If I believed what others have claimed here, that God wrote the Bible and preserved it, then these would be a problem.

From a Roman Catholic and Protestant perspective, the work of Jerome could be the most complete. One could argue the 50 Bibles that Eusebius compile under a commission from the Emperor were more important. There were other churches with different important traditions.

Now, the doctrine of inerrancy, can be found in two locations, with strict definition. We have the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy, declaring the doctrine that the Protestant Bible "is without error or fault in all its teaching"; or, at least, that "Scripture in the original manuscripts does not affirm anything that is contrary to fact" (source: wikipedia). Now, various Protestant denominations and groups have gone on to declare that Scripture is infallible, and incapable of any error, in much stricter confines.

We also have the Catholic Church's declaration expressed by the Second Vatican Council, citing earlier Catholic declarations, in the following: "Since everything asserted by the inspired authors or sacred writers must be held to be asserted by the Holy Spirit, it follows that the books of Scripture must be acknowledged as teaching solidly, faithfully and without error that truth which God wanted put into sacred writings for the sake of salvation".The Council adds: "Since God speaks in Sacred Scripture through men in human fashion, the interpreter of Sacred Scripture, in order to see clearly what God wanted to communicate to us, should carefully investigate what meaning the sacred writers really intended, and what God wanted to manifest by means of their words." (source: Catechism of the Catholic Church, also supported on wikipedia)
The errors that I have been mentioning fail the affirming of something contrary to fact description.

For example, Matthew’s version of the Jairus story affirms something contrary to fact if Mark’s and Luke’s affirmations of the facts are true.
If you note, neither one of the above declares that there are no spelling errors, or absolute infallibility. Yet, logically, it makes sense to work one's way forward through history, in order to find why such declarations were made.

Here is where we get to where we must also agree on a particular theological principle. We must agree that Jesus is God Incarnate. If we disagree on this, then it is pointless to progress on the attributes of Scripture, since we do not agree on one of the (if not, as I would argue, the) central figures in Christianity.
He is God Incarnate. At least He was while on earth. I don’t know for certain if He has flesh now. I would not be able to prove one way or the other that he kept or laid down the flesh at or following the resurrection or at ascension or at some other time. Unlike some here on this forum, I am not at all certain that I can define God.

Assuming that we agree, we would then say that Jesus, as God Incarnate, is infallible. Jesus will never, in past, present, or future, declare or teach something that is false.
I don’t know that we could say that Jesus will not misrepresent. He did not come to earth to correct all misconceptions.

Are you familiar with what Jesus told His brothers when they said that He should go to Jerusalem?

John 7 After this, Jesus went around in Galilee. He did not want to go about in Judea because the Jewish leaders there were looking for a way to kill him. 2 But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near, 3 Jesus’ brothers said to him, “Leave Galilee and go to Judea, so that your disciples there may see the works you do. 4 No one who wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.” 5 For even his own brothers did not believe in him. 6 Therefore Jesus told them, “My time is not yet here; for you any time will do. 7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil. 8 You go to the festival. I am not going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.” 9 After he had said this, he stayed in Galilee. 10 However, after his brothers had left for the festival, he went also, not publicly, but in secret.

And are you aware that Jesus said the mustard seed is the smallest seed, yet it is not?

And are you aware that God blessed the Israelite midwives for lying to pharaoh?

For that matter, a captured soldier does not sin when lying to the enemy.

So Jesus could present things that were not accurate in pursuit of a greater goal, just as He protected Himself and His mission by telling His brothers that He was not going to the festival.

From this, we can jump to when Jesus endows the Apostles with the Holy Spirit (again, infallible).
He breathed on them and told them to receive the Holy Spirit. He did not give them infallibility. If they had received infallibility, Paul would not have had to rebuke Peter for avoiding Gentile believers.
From here, we progress to the Apostles (Matthew and John) composing their respective Gospel accounts.
We have no reason to believe Matthew wrote the gospel attributed to him, as it could have been written by his students. The gospel’s various errors indicate that.
If, guided by the Holy Spirit, while composing their accounts, we can definitively say that their accounts are inerrant, due to the Holy Spirit being inerrant/infallible.
Being guided by an inerrant guide does not insure the follower of no missteps.
Historically, we can also trust the Apostles' disciples, who would want to as accurately as possible, transcribe future Gospel accounts.
The documents are trustworthy, but they never claim to be inerrant and infallibility is not a spiritual gift found in people.
So, to trust Jesus, is to trust the Apostles, which leads to trusting the Scriptures to be inerrant.
For the reasons listed above, no.

And let me add, all through the life of Jesus we are told to look and see.

In the sermon at church Sunday, the pastor at my church spoke of John the Baptist when Jesus came. John said “Look” or “Behold.” He did not say have faith. He did not say believe. He said Look.

Jesus told Apostles to come and see.

Peter said they could not help but talk about what they had seen.

So we are not called to deny the obvious things in front of our eyes. And there are errors that cannot be attributed to copyists.

Last edited:

daqq

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 10-21.

Thank you for giving a response. May your understanding of God's word continue to grow.

Shalom.

Jacob

Shalom Jacob.

Stephen calls the Torah "Living Oracles", (or "Living Sayings").

Acts 7:37-38 HNV
37 This is that Moshe, who said to the children of Yisra'el, 'The Lord our God will raise up a prophet for you from among your brothers, like me.'
38 This is he who was in the assembly in the wilderness with the angel that spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers, who received living oracles to give to us,

λογια ζωντα = Living Words ~ Living Sayings ~ Living Oracles

What do you think? this surely speaks of the Torah, right? and the Torah is Living Words? :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom Jacob.

Stephen calls the Torah "Living Oracles", (or "Living Sayings").

Acts 7:37-38 HNV
37 This is that Moshe, who said to the children of Yisra'el, 'The Lord our God will raise up a prophet for you from among your brothers, like me.'
38 This is he who was in the assembly in the wilderness with the angel that spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers, who received living oracles to give to us,

λογια ζωντα = Living Words ~ Living Sayings ~ Living Oracles

What do you think? this surely speaks of the Torah, right? and the Torah is Living Words? :)

Shalom.

It sounds like you need some help with understanding the truth of God's word. We were entrusted with the oracles of God, the word or words of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

Shalom.

It sounds like you need some help with understanding the truth of God's word. We were entrusted with the oracles of God, the word or words of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

Why do you say that? I believe what Stephen says, and therefore what the author of Acts says, and moreover the author of Acts says that Stephen was full of the Holy Spirit when he gave this testimony. And what is this "we"? You sound like you exclude me from your "we"? :chuckle:

This is my "we"

1 Corinthians 10:1-4
1 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea:
2 And were all immersed into Moshe in the cloud and in the sea:
3 And all ate the same spiritual food:
4 And all drank the same spiritual drink: for they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Meshiah.

Spiritual food: manna from the heavens . . .
Every rhema-word that proceeds from the mouth of Elohim, Living Oracles, Living Words.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do you say that? I believe what Stephen says, and therefore what the author of Acts says, and moreover the author of Acts says that Stephen was full of the Holy Spirit when he gave this testimony. And what is this "we"? You sound like you exclude me from your "we"? :chuckle:

This is my "we"

1 Corinthians 10:1-4
1 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea:
2 And were all immersed into Moshe in the cloud and in the sea:
3 And all ate the same spiritual food:
4 And all drank the same spiritual drink: for they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Meshiah.

Spiritual food: manna from the heavens . . .
Every rhema-word that proceeds from the mouth of Elohim . . . Living Oracles.

Shalom.

I am a Jew of Israel.

Romans 3:1-2 KJV - 1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit [is there] of circumcision? 2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

Zenn

When it comes to the 'word of God' as far as I remember my studies, both rhema and logos are interchanged.
The theological fusion between the concepts of logos and rhema started quite awhile ago. Just because a doctrine is old doesn't mean it's correct (cf. transubstantiation), no?

I disagree regarding Pentecostal interpretations AND the way you interpret this.
Well that's hardly surprising, but with regards to Luke 6:12, such isn't an interpretation. The implications of a correct translation is anathema to mainstream Christianity, and has been for centuries, which is why such is purposefully mistranslated as with Eph. 6:17. Translations are most always driven by theological agendas.

But both 'of' and 'in' aren't there in the Greek text. They are both translation helpers "of" doesn't make sense. The verb prayer is aorist infinitive.
Do you concur?
:AMR: I don't think I can concur.

If I understand correctly, you assert that the word "in" is not present in the text? What word, then is εν (G1722 - in) from the phrase εν τη προσευχη (in the prayer)? The word 'in' is directly written in the text, it's not a 'translation helper'. In addition, προσευχη (prayer) is a noun in the dative case, not a verb.

Ahh... I'm not talking about the first phrase εξηλθεν εις το ορος προσευξασθαι; but rather the last phrase εν τη προσευχη του θεου (in the prayer of God). In this last phrase, prayer is a noun, and God is in the genitive case (of God). The word 'of' is not a helper word, but it's the way the simple genitive is actually expressed in English. If you object to the word 'of', we could write "... in God's prayer".

"He continued all night in God's prayer."

And Yes, I understand this would make no sense to you, not having had anything that might be considered a "Pentecostal Experience". But that is the way the text was actually written - Jesus was "in the prayer of God." He was not "praying to God" (although he did go into a mountain to pray). The text (Luke 6:12) describes an action (i.e. praying) that is very foreign to most Christians today.

Might we be on the same page now? (At least with regards to translation?)

For instance Matthew 4:4 "...every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" is rhema.
Yes, exactly. But it would seem you have redefined this to mean "... every word that proceeds from the mouth of God Bible is rhema" and are preaching that the Bible is the mouth of God. That which Jesus taught is most certainly the Word of God (logos), and I have no quibble with written passages ("scripture") that quote Jesus' teachings. But the genealogies in Mat. and Luke are not Rhema. Nor are they Logos.

It really isn't me, but my voice. Same with ANY way we communicate.
But the Bible is not the way God communicates with people, and the inherent failures in this mode of communication is illustrated in Acts 8:29-31. Were God to actually talk to you, then you'd have a grasp of the mechanism involved. I do hope one day that God would actually speak to you. Then you would hear that voice (cf. John 10:27). But if you limit God, and redefine how God speaks to a person by "Bible reading" (and Bible Alone), then the reality of the Kingdom that ought to be a power for transforming the world is nullified. Which is exactly what has happened. Just look around you at the world. (Are you winning?)

We can't. Even my words on TOL you can't destroy. They are here for posterity.
Yeah, well, that's what people on Bible-discussion dot com thought.

The best way to destroy the 'Word of God', Lon, is to change the definition of the phrase. You have done this by defining "Word of God" to mean "Bible." Or to be more precise, you have accepted this altered definition given you by the Catholic Bishops or the Reformation demagogues. I haven't.

The Lord Jesus Christ IS God.
Yes, indeed. But the Bible isn't God. You truly can't see the difference?

Zenn

PS: With regards to Matthew 8:8, the word logos is used here so that one couldn't arrive at a conclusion that Jesus was speaking a magic spell where the utterance itself was doing the healing. The Hagin Word of Faith movement has difficulty with this.

PPS:
I 'think' taking credit for it can and does lead to false pride.
Raise somebody from the dead first, and then get back to me on your accusation of pride.

daqq

Shalom.

I am a Jew of Israel.

Romans 3:1-2 KJV - 1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit [is there] of circumcision? 2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

It is not wise to make such a claim for yourself unless the Master has made such a thing clear to you, (he is the Minister of Circumcision), for what if you do not even know who or what is a Yhudi according to the scripture? (in such a case you have fallen into rebuke, Rev 2:9, Rev 3:9).

Hebrews 5:12-14
12 For when by reason of the time you ought to be teachers, you again need to have someone teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the Oracles of Elohim: you have come to need milk, and not solid food.
13 For everyone who lives on milk is not experienced in the Logos-Word of Righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food is for those who are full grown, who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.

jsanford108

I do not consider copyist errors or misspellings errors.....He is God Incarnate.
Great. See, we already agree.

If I believed what others have claimed here, that God wrote the Bible and preserved it, then these would be a problem.
Let us keep the focus on our discussion. Others can believe various other erroneous doctrines and ideas, yet that should not impact our discussion.

The errors that I have been mentioning fail the affirming of something contrary to fact description.

For example, Matthew’s version of the Jairus story affirms something contrary to fact if Mark’s and Luke’s affirmations of the facts are true.
I hate to ask for further clarification, but alas, I am going to.

I will try and address the various "errors" that you listed below.

I don’t know that we could say that Jesus will not misrepresent. He did not come to earth to correct all misconceptions.
Would you make the argument that Jesus misrepresented something? Or, would you say that the error lies with human interpretation, rather than Jesus?

To imply that Jesus would misrepresent various items of discussion would lead to a contradiction in the nature of God. God must be Truth, otherwise, he is a liar and a deceiver, and not God. Therefore, logically, if we agree that Jesus is God, then Jesus cannot misrepresent anything.

Are you familiar with what Jesus told His brothers when they said that He should go to Jerusalem?

John 7 After this, Jesus went around in Galilee. He did not want to go about in Judea because the Jewish leaders there were looking for a way to kill him. 2 But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near, 3 Jesus’ brothers said to him, “Leave Galilee and go to Judea, so that your disciples there may see the works you do. 4 No one who wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.” 5 For even his own brothers did not believe in him. 6 Therefore Jesus told them, “My time is not yet here; for you any time will do. 7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil. 8 You go to the festival. I am not going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.” 9 After he had said this, he stayed in Galilee. 10 However, after his brothers had left for the festival, he went also, not publicly, but in secret.
Two questions regarding this passage: 1.) What purpose is this being presented? 2.) You are aware that Jesus did not have "brothers," however, this passage references "brethren," as Hebrew custom was to call any close relative "brother/sister," "brethren," etc.?

And are you aware that Jesus said the mustard seed is the smallest seed, yet it is not?
And here is where context, both within passages, biblical books, and history come to matter. Jesus at this time is speaking to an audience of locals, yes? To these locals, the smallest seed is a mustard seed.

Does this mean Jesus was lying or wrong (scientifically)? Of course not. He was addressing a specific audience, in a specific location, relating parables to what they could easily identify and grasp. This is contextual evidence.

And are you aware that God blessed the Israelite midwives for lying to pharaoh?
What specific passage are you referencing? (I would go ahead and consider passage/book/historical context, as that will be a significant foundation for my "proofs" and arguments)

So Jesus could present things that were not accurate in pursuit of a greater goal, just as He protected Himself and His mission by telling His brothers that He was not going to the festival.
Was Jesus misrepresenting, which would be dishonesty, or was He relating parables to the targeted audience and their respective knowledge? I would obviously argue the latter as true.

He breathed on them and told them to receive the Holy Spirit. He did not give them infallibility. If they had received infallibility, Paul would not have had to rebuke Peter for avoiding Gentile believers.
I did not imply that, as humans, they were forever infallible. You see how by simply avoiding specific clarity (which I did purposefully) how you extrapolated my meaning to a different connotation?

I think this is your personal error when it comes to doctrine regarding inerrancy. You have taken inerrancy, and made it "infallible," meaning free from any and all errors, including minute detail comparison (lack of disparity). "Infallible" would only apply to the Apostles, and their successors when speaking under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. After all, they are still humans, and capable of sin (while they lived).

We have no reason to believe Matthew wrote the gospel attributed to him, as it could have been written by his students. The gospel’s various errors indicate that.
Being guided by an inerrant guide does not insure the follower of no missteps.
This is a common falsehood/misunderstanding. We actually have several accounts of first and second century persons explicitly referring to Matthew and the author of the Gospel attributed to him. For example, Papias, bishop of Hierapolis in Asia Minor, refers to Matthew and Mark as the authors of the first two Gospel accounts, in 130 AD. We also have similar confirmations from Irenaeus. Around the same time, we have statements in "Muratorian Canon," a document of Roman origin, also giving this confirmation. Likewise, Clement of Alexandria and Tertullian also describe early Christians, priests, and churches, ascribing authorship of the Gospels to their respective ascribed authors.

Let us also consider historical context. Matthew was a tax collector. Who, among the Apostles, was most likely, based on occupation, the most literate? Matthew's job would have entailed documentation and detailing, through written records.

Furthermore, what is the likelihood that hundreds of people would have ascribed authorship, for four distinct books, to the exact same authors, respectively, without any disagreement? The probability would demonstrate that the attributed authorship(s) are correct.

The documents are trustworthy, but they never claim to be inerrant and infallibility is not a spiritual gift found in people.
How do you know that the documents are trustworthy?

Peter said they could not help but talk about what they had seen.
Agreed.

So we are not called to deny the obvious things in front of our eyes. And there are errors that cannot be attributed to copyists.
Such as....?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is not wise to make such a claim for yourself unless the Master has made such a thing clear to you, (he is the Minister of Circumcision), for what if you do not even know who or what is a Yhudi according to the scripture? (in such a case you have fallen into rebuke, Rev 2:9, Rev 3:9).

Hebrews 5:12-14
12 For when by reason of the time you ought to be teachers, you again need to have someone teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the Oracles of Elohim: you have come to need milk, and not solid food.
13 For everyone who lives on milk is not experienced in the Logos-Word of Righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food is for those who are full grown, who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.

Shalom.

I am sorry, but you are incorrect. I am a Torah Observant Jew.

Shalom.

Jacob

Zenn

Your boasting about raising people from the dead ...
Ah daqq... how disappointing. You see, I didn't boast. I mentioned it. You took umbrage and elevated it to a boast, and then condemn me as boastful. Re-read my post and you will realize it's a fact I merely mentioned offhand, but obviously in a manner that offends your religiosity. The Pharisees had trouble with that too.

You know nothing about me or what things the Master has done through me to the glory of the Father.
So go raise somebody from the dead, and then get back to me about boasting.

Neither would I tell you because then it would only be about myself.
Yes, as is typically espoused by those who indeed have nothing to tell.

... not giving Elohim the glory only reveals your ignorance for the logos-reasoning of what the scripture and the Master is truly speaking about in the passages you cite.
daqq, my apologies. Servants have Masters, but truly I don't, as I'm not a servant and haven't been for awhile. I have a friend and brother John 15:14-15.

God bless you,
Zenn

PS:
... denying the validity of the written Word so you can make up your own "stuff".
You do realize that the concept of "the written Word" is made up stuff, as neither the phrase nor the concept exists in the New Testament? :AMR: The "Written Word" is as much an invention of the Reformation as "Transubstantiation" is an invention of the Roman Catholics.