Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

2003cobra

Lon writeS:
AND....you have nothing, nadda, in the way of proof, just speculation, allegation.

If you view the clear and plain language of the biblical text as “nothing, nada, in the way of proof, just speculation, allegation” then we have no common ground for discussion.

Since the text of Luke is clear the centurion did not come to Jesus and did not speak to Jesus, and Matthew says just the opposite, the proof is there. But you deny what the Bible says.

Pretending you believe the Bible when you outright deny what is actually says is a bad testimony.

glorydaz

Logic would admit being saved is a mortal minded thought veiled in Spiritual ignorance, Galatians 4:1 is the spiritual state you have yet to progress from, and by the response it shows you are in unbelief in the power of the Spirit that transcend your inanimate object you claim gives you the formula to life, when Life has always been Eternal without beginning or end grasshopper.

Your Logic is based on humanism, but you don't realize that, do you? I'm not sure who you think you're fooling with this, but I haven't heard this kind of rigamorole since my hippy days. :chuckle:

glorydaz

I don’t think that is the case.

I expect some exaggeration occurred.

You don't "think"....you expect "some exaggeration"? Wow, and you expect people to pay any heed to your claims? You don't even know what you're claiming....except you don't understand. :chuckle:

Zeke

Your Logic is based on humanism, but you don't realize that, do you? I'm not sure who you think you're fooling with this, but I haven't heard this kind of rigamorole since my hippy days. :chuckle:

Certainly wouldn't be you Jane Doe, I tried but as Jesus said by the Spirit he recommended letting the dead bury the dead/sleepy time, you have my condolences. You might want to actually contact that Christ within you claim to know instead of playing the waiting game, seems to me lots have tried over time but they all died in unbelief yet it was at hand and they missed it, I know being a citizen of this world and a proud american (now there's a humanist club if there ever was one)is not humanism right/ Why I would bet that you (a proclaimed spiritual being) that you have an ID also just like Jesus did, well well now you are Dazed and confused about spirituality and humanism, you mix them both 2Cor 3:6. .

glorydaz

Certainly wouldn't be you Jane Doe, I tried but as Jesus said by the Spirit he recommended letting the dead bury the dead/sleepy time, you have my condolences. You might want to actually contact that Christ within you claim to know instead of playing the waiting game, seems to me lots have tried over time but they all died in unbelief yet it was at hand and they missed it, I know being a citizen of this world and a proud american (now there's a humanist club if there ever was one)is not humanism right/ Why I would bet that you (a proclaimed spiritual being) that you have an ID also just like Jesus did, well well now you are Dazed and confused about spirituality and humanism, you mix them both 2Cor 3:6. .

Ah, did you get your dander up because I see through your bull? Poor boy. :baby:

I'm not waiting...I'm resting quite comfortably in Christ Jesus. :wave:

2003cobra

You don't "think"....you expect "some exaggeration"? Wow, and you expect people to pay any heed to your claims? You don't even know what you're claiming....except you don't understand. :chuckle:

What is your explanation?

Did the centurion come to Jesus and speak to Jesus, or did he do neither?

If you can’t decide which version you believe, just say so.

glorydaz

What is your explanation?

Did the centurion come to Jesus and speak to Jesus, or did he do neither?

If you can’t decide which version you believe, just say so.

I'm no longer reading your "proofs". I've seen it's simply your inability look past the nose on your face.

You're very shallow....a surface dweller, at best.

2003cobra

I'm no longer reading your "proofs". I've seen it's simply your inability look past the nose on your face.

You're very shallow....a surface dweller, at best.
That is the safest thing for you.

If you looked at what the scriptures actually say, it might threaten your tradition.

I would not want your faith to crumble because it is built on a flawed foundation.

glorydaz

If you looked at what the scriptures actually say, it might threaten your tradition.

I would not want your faith to crumble because it is built on a flawed foundation.

I've seen your concern, Sonnet's Bonnet. Save it. It's as fake as you are.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

:rotfl: Does this routine actually work for you on some people? You say things like "I understand why this makes you uncomfortable", "I understand it can be difficult to find out that your beliefs have been wrong for so long" and the fake concern with insult "I wouldn't want your faith to crumble because it is built on a flawed foundation".

You're only trying to project your doubt and unbelief on others. There is absolutely nothing you could say or do to cause doubt in my mind. The only people that might be swayed by your "proof of errors" are new Christians or those with limited understanding and lack of faith.

Branch out someday and participate in other threads. If you're scared, I understand, you don't want to be exposed so early in your TOL career.

Lon

Logic would admit being saved is a mortal minded thought veiled in Spiritual ignorance, Galatians 4:1 is the spiritual state you have yet to progress from, and by the response it shows you are in unbelief in the power of the Spirit that transcend your inanimate object you claim gives you the formula to life, when Life has always been Eternal without beginning or end grasshopper.
It has every appearance of polytheism (god in and is everything, including you) vs panentheism (Everything exists in God alone). See John 15:5 Colossians 1:17.

Zeke, you've missed the Savior (panentheism) for universalism (pantheism). This is the failure of the so-called New-age spiritualism. It is putting the cart before the horse. Without Jesus, we have nothing. 1 Corinthians 15:17 Zeke. My prayer is ever that you will come to Him. 1 John 5:12 and John 15:5 again. Without Him, we are dead living in dead men's dreams in dead men's bones. You nor I can make these bones live. The tiniest bit of Universalism is this: Matthew 5:45 but there is a difference between men of faith and what scripture calls brute beasts. Only those in Christ are new creations. 2 Corinthians 5:17

You once were looking for this, Zeke. He is what you are looking for. He is God. He exists. There is no other hope. No other place to go John 6:66-69 Please read the scriptures and meditate on them, Zeke.

2003cobra

:rotfl: Does this routine actually work for you on some people? You say things like "I understand why this makes you uncomfortable", "I understand it can be difficult to find out that your beliefs have been wrong for so long" and the fake concern with insult "I wouldn't want your faith to crumble because it is built on a flawed foundation".

You're only trying to project your doubt and unbelief on others. There is absolutely nothing you could say or do to cause doubt in my mind. The only people that might be swayed by your "proof of errors" are new Christians or those with limited understanding and lack of faith.

Branch out someday and participate in other threads. If you're scared, I understand, you don't want to be exposed so early in your TOL career.
Does ignoring what the Bible actually says typically work for you?

Do you think typing “we know the answer but we are not sharing” has either credibility or maturity?

And this one, not something you wrote, I wonder how often this works:
You can't think out of a paper bag and assume everybody else is just as bad. Be truthful, C's and C- in school, right? It shows...You can go sit in the back of the class now and put your head down in shame for your disobedience...You are too thick to be taught...Were you raised in a one room school house where they had to pass you because you were all below par?...I'm smarter than you...you are not intelligent enough to talk to me.

Last edited:

Lon

Lon writeS:
AND....you have nothing, nadda, in the way of proof, just speculation, allegation.

If you view the clear and plain language of the biblical text as “nothing, nada, in the way of proof, just speculation, allegation” then we have no common ground for discussion.

Since the text of Luke is clear the centurion did not come to Jesus and did not speak to Jesus, and Matthew says just the opposite, the proof is there. But you deny what the Bible says.
Er, no. How many centurions were there? Just one? :think: I don't care what you 'think' is wrong. To me, it is simply 'something to ask God.' You? You blame Him and His people already. That's on your own head and your own problem. I don't HAVE to have an answer right now. It 'seems' you desperately do. AGAIN, I'm not really interested in your parlor games. I don't want to be putting out your fires one after the other. They don't concern me. My answer is the same for every single one of them: You have NO WAY of knowing why the difference is there. You are merely guessing. Worse? Speculating that they are wrong. You are doubting what they said is true. You are! You are doubting them. I'm not. Not even a little. I know you 'want' me to, but I'm no gossip. Did you know sharing other people's 'supposed or otherwise' hang-ups is sin? Did you know that? Here you are sharing dirt, and worse, fabricating it and dishing it out. I'd be ashamed. You are not. I don't know why you don't see it as sin and gossip BUT PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE GOSSIPPING WITH THE NEXT ISSUE YOU HAVE! I don't want to hear it. It is a sin to even give it credence, so I won't. You simply MUST learn to give people and scriptures the benefit of the doubt. You don't so have NO FAITH in people and little faith to none in our Lord because of it. The DEFAULT Christian position is trust, faith, hope. Read 1 Corinthians 13 again. You REALLY need to be following what it says more than trying to debate theology. It is coming across as sin. Please don't go off about Centurions. I don't know why you can't understand that you have no basis to declare an error. I don't know why you don't understand that it is and can only be deductive reasoning (that which is found only in your head, and cannot be substantiated from the text). I can only say that so many times. If it doesn't stick, and you aren't capable of grasping something so fundamentally important, I can but pray for you. God can save thick people. It is really incredibly plain. All thinking people understand implicitly what I'm saying here. They cannot deny what I'm saying is true. Can't. It is impossible. If you are a guy that doesn't deal well in logic and reality, then I'm just going to pray for you. Only God can change your mind.

Pretending you believe the Bible when you outright deny what is actually says is a bad testimony.

Sorry, no. I know you'd like that to stick but it doesn't. I have a very good logical mind. I know exactly what can and cannot be said about differences, logically, legally. It appears to me, honestly, that you don't and don't seem to have this ability from God. If not, you really have no business teaching because it is a lack of discernment. Some have the gift to see things clearly, some do not. It is a bit of a slam, but not intended to be. I just believe a number of people shouldn't be teaching. James 3:1 I take that seriously and will step down if I'm found by my peers to not pass the muster.

2003cobra

Lon asks:
Er, no. How many centurions were there?

Have you read the story, Lon?

Have you read both stories?

Apparently not.

Jesus makes it clear this man’s faith was unique. See the text:

Matthew 8 When he entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, appealing to him 6 and saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible distress." 7 And he said to him, "I will come and cure him." 8 The centurion answered, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, "Go,' and he goes, and to another, "Come,' and he comes, and to my slave, "Do this,' and the slave does it." 10When Jesus heard him, he was amazed and said to those who followed him, "Truly I tell you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith.

Luke 7 After Jesus had finished all his sayings in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. 2 A centurion there had a slave whom he valued highly, and who was ill and close to death. 3 When he heard about Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to him, asking him to come and heal his slave. 4When they came to Jesus, they appealed to him earnestly, saying, "He is worthy of having you do this for him, 5 for he loves our people, and it is he who built our synagogue for us." 6 And Jesus went with them, but when he was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to say to him, "Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; 7 therefore I did not presume to come to you. But only speak the word, and let my servant be healed.8 For I also am a man set under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, "Go,' and he goes, and to another, "Come,' and he comes, and to my slave, "Do this,' and the slave does it." 9 When Jesus heard this he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd that followed him, he said, "I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith." 10 When those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.

Again, you have grasped for a straw where there was none.

Also, about this:
BUT PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE GOSSIPPING WITH THE NEXT ISSUE YOU HAVE!

I remind you of a sample of what you wrote:
You can't think out of a paper bag and assume everybody else is just as bad. Be truthful, C's and C- in school, right? It shows...You can go sit in the back of the class now and put your head down in shame for your disobedience...You are too thick to be taught...Were you raised in a one room school house where they had to pass you because you were all below par?...I'm smarter than you...you are not intelligent enough to talk to me.

I do find some irony in your lecture, when I am trying to talk about what the scriptures actually say, the facts of the matter.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
1 Timothy 5:13 KJV - And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. Oh wait, you're a man.