ECT Saved "Savages"?

Danoh

Who was this?

Mark 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Jerry Shugart

I used to assume, when I was younger, that all kinds of folk were gettin saved BC. The fact is that hardly anyone outside of Israel's monopoly on the one true God did get saved. I don't see anyone in Judges or during the monarchial phase of the kingdom being "saved".

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him"
(Heb.11:6).​

"Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right"
(Acts 10:34-35).​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Who was this?

Mark 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.
That was me

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him"

"Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right"
(Acts 10:34-35).​

Yea like I said nothing BC was happening for the Gentiles

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jerry Shugart

Yes sir.
God didn't save many people BC .

I think that BC there were many people all over the world who believed in the existence of God and were rewarded:

The existence of a God is revealed in His creation:

"Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Ro.1:19-20).​

Of course all men throughout history have an opportunity to be saved because there is no respect of persons with God. All men have a chance to be saved even though the revelation which they are to believe about God changes from time to time.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think that BC there were many people all over the world who believed in the existence of God and were rewarded:

"Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Ro.1:19-20).​

Of course all men throughout history have an opportunity to be saved because there is no respect of persons with God. All men have a chance to be saved even though the revelation which they are to believe about God changes from time to time.

Yep! Exactly!
:thumb:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Prove it

Jerry Shugart

Unlike you I do not think that the LORD is a mad potter who would make His vessels for the express purpose of destroying them. Instead, we read this:

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Pet.3:9).​

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Unlike you I do not think that the LORD is a mad potter who would make His vessels for the express purpose of destroying them. Instead, we read this:

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Pet.3:9).​

Hmmm, and how many died in that flood? Obviously your relatives not mine!

Jerry Shugart

Hmmm, and how many died in that flood? Obviously your relatives not mine!

There existed a generation of people who corrupted themselves and who changed the truth of God into a lie and the Lord gave them over to a reprobate mind. They had pleasure in doing things which were worthy of death. And they were without excuse because they should have known about the existence of God.

And in case you haven't figured it out yet we are both the relatives of those in the ark who survived the flood.

What do you think about that, cousin?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
There existed a generation of people who corrupted themselves and who changed the truth of God into a lie and the Lord gave them over to a reprobate mind. They had pleasure in doing things which were worthy of death. And they were without excuse because they should have known about the existence of God.

And in case you haven't figured it out yet we are both the relatives of those in the ark who survived the flood.

What do you think about that, cousin?

Like I said Jer, when I was young I used to assume that plenty of people always were gettin saved but it just ain't the case is it?

I mean 8 out of a billion? There's the average.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
It's an issue I have reflected on from time to time, over the years - were any of those among what the ignorant right off refer to as "savages" saved?

Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; ) 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Romans 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

How were such saved, not only before the Cross, but even after, when they were off in lands on the other side of the earth?

It appears evident that where such are concerned God was judging the secrets - the unkown hearts - of such, unknown but by Him ALONE - by a different standard of faith EXPRESSED AS FAITH but one that was also based on the merits of the Cross.

Sort of like the question often asked about that thief crucified next to the Lord who expressed his faith in his words to the Lord; but who may have not been water baptized before having had the opportunity to submit to Israel's then still in force; required water cleansing ritual as the EXPRESSION OF a good conscience toward God, Luke 7:29; 2 Peter 3:21.

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

And...

Matthew 12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Danny,

There's a principle taught in scripture that anyone that asks for more light about the existence of God will receive more light. But that don't mean that the Aztecs, the African natives or Polynesians did that. Ask for more light. They didn't. They lived, they died, they will go to the lake of fire. Simple.