Same sex marriages are all null, according to Christians

God's Truth

So, how did Jesus preach to them if he didn't mix with them and come among them?

Of course Jesus went around them and preached to them; I have been telling you that all along.

I am saying though that he did not just eat and hang out with them---he preached to them and told them to repent of their sins.

God's Truth

Here's when Jesus made the 12 apostles, and Matthew was not an apostle until then. They were disciples up until this point as seen in the verses below.

Matthew 10

And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

N,ow the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him

You are wrong.

Jesus made them his apostles when he told them to come follow me.

marhig

If you are no better than an unrepentant sinner, then you have no business being a hypocrite to them by telling them to repent and stop sinning.

Luke 6:42 How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
Nice try GT, but he was asking me questions about what it said in the Bible regarding gay sex and I told him the truth.

At least I did that, by the sounds of what your are saying, you wouldn't have even mixed with him at all! What would you do, just turn your back on those that you think aren't good enough? How do you know that God doesn't want them too?

God's Truth

Mark 1:16-18
Jesus Calls His First Disciples
16 As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 17 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” 18 At once they left their nets and followed him.

Mark 2:14 As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” Jesus told him, and Levi got up and followed him.

Mark 8:34 [ The Way of the Cross ] Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

John 1:43 [ Jesus Calls Philip and Nathanael ] The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him,
“Follow me.”

That is how Jesus called his apostles.

marhig

Of course Jesus went around them and preached to them; I have been telling you that all along.

I am saying though that he did not just eat and hang out with them---he preached to them and told them to repent of their sins.
Well he said in Matthews house that he was calling sinners to repentance and he was sitting with those who the Pharisees were calling sinners!

I don't believe that Jesus was sitting there laughing and joking with them, I believe that he was speaking the truth to them. But Jesus won't have been able to reach them if he hadn't of mixed with them to bring them the word of God.

God's Truth

Nice try GT, but he was asking me questions about what it said in the Bible regarding gay sex and I told him the truth.

At least I did that, by the sounds of what your are saying, you wouldn't have even mixed with him at all! What would you do, just turn your back on those that you think aren't good enough? How do you know that God doesn't want them too?

Bad try, marhig.

marhig

Mark 1:16-18
16 As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 17 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” 18 At once they left their nets and followed him.

Mark 2:14 As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” Jesus told him, and Levi got up and followed him.

Mark 8:34 [ The Way of the Cross ] Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

John 1:43 [ Jesus Calls Philip and Nathanael ] The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, “Follow me.”
Yes that's right, but they were disciples, not yet apostles. They were learners.

God's Truth

I'm quoting the Bible. It clearly says they were disciples, then he made them apostles and sent them out. They went from learning to preaching.

Jesus sent out DISCIPLES too.

Luke 10 Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two
10 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.

Jesus called his apostles 'disciples'.

marhig

Jesus sent out DISCIPLES too.

Luke 10 Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two
10 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.

Jesus called his apostles 'disciples'.
Yes I know, but only 12 were apostles and he appointed them to be apostles then at that time. They are those who had received the power. We obviously believe differently regarding this, Anyway I'm off, I'll speak to you again.

God's Truth

Yes I know, but only 12 were apostles and he appointed them to be apostles then at that time. They are those who had received the power. We obviously believe differently regarding this, Anyway I'm off, I'll speak to you again.

Jesus called his apostles by telling them, "Come follow me".

From the scriptures in Matthew, it appears he did not explain as Mark and Luke about when they were called 'apostles.

What is also interesting is that Jesus' FIRST called DISCIPLES are his APOSTLES:

(Matt 4:18–22; Mark 1:16-20; Luke 5:1-11; John 1:35-42)

The First Disciples are Called

Matt. 4:18–22

16 And as He walked by the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. 17 Then Jesus said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.” 18 They immediately left their nets and followed Him.

19 When He had gone a little farther from there, He saw James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, who also were in the boat mending their nets. 20 And immediately He called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants, and went after Him.

Mark 1:16-20

19 When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. 20 Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him.

Luke 5:1-11

The First Disciples are Called

5 So ait was, as the multitude pressed about Him to bhear the word of God, that He stood by the Lake of Gennesaret, 2 and saw two boats standing by the lake; but the fishermen had gone from them and were washing their nets. 3 Then He got into one of the boats, which was Simon’s, and asked him to put out a little from the land. And He csat down and taught the multitudes from the boat.

4 When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, d“Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”

5 But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught enothing; nevertheless fat Your word I will let down the net.” 6 And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. 7 So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink. 8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, g“Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!”

9 For he and all who were with him were hastonished at the catch of fish which they had taken; 10 and so also were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid. iFrom now on you will catch men.” 11 So when they had brought their boats to land, jthey 1forsook all and followed Him.

John 1:45-42

Andrew and Peter Follow Christ

35 Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples. 36 And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, “Behold the Lamb of God!”

37 The two disciples heard him speak, and they wfollowed Jesus. 38 Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, “What do you seek?”

They said to Him, “Rabbi” (which is to say, when translated, Teacher), “where are You staying?”

39 He said to them, “Come and see.” They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).

40 One of the two who heard John speak, and followed Him, was xAndrew, Simon Peter’s brother. 41 He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, “We have found the 3Messiah” (which is translated, the Christ). 42 And he brought him to Jesus.

Now when Jesus looked at him, He said, “You are Simon the son of 4Jonah. yYou shall be called Cephas” (which is translated, 5A Stone).

Last edited:

marhig

Jesus called his apostles by telling them, "Come follow me".
I've just remembered this

Luke 6

And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles; Simon, (whom he also named Peter,) and Andrew his brother, James and John, Philip and Bartholomew, Matthew and Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called Zelotes, And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.

Mark 3

And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him. And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils: And Simon he surnamed Peter; And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder: And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite, And Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him: and they went into an house.

Right ok I'm off for now.

God's Truth

There are many unrepentant sinners out there who like to tell Christians that Jesus hung around sinners and that Christians are judgmental. I like to remind them that Jesus preached while he was with sinners that they had to repent of their sins that they had to stop sinning.

If sinning drug addicts, prostitutes, thieves, adulterers have me hanging out with them preaching that they should stop sinning, they are not going to keep letting me hang out with them.

I also do not like to hear some Christians such as marhig say she is no better. Excuse me, a Christian who is no better? Then how do you think you can tell these sinners to stop sinning?

Jesus says to stop sinning then help others.

Paul says this:

Romans 2:1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

So I am wondering how 'no better marhig' is hanging out with sinners preaching to these prostitutes, homosexuals, and thieves.

God's Truth

I've just remembered this

Luke 6

And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles; Simon, (whom he also named Peter,) and Andrew his brother, James and John, Philip and Bartholomew, Matthew and Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called Zelotes, And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.

Mark 3

And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him. And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils: And Simon he surnamed Peter; And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder: And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite, And Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him: and they went into an house.

Right ok I'm off for now.

Those are excellent scriptures showing when Jesus called them apostles.

Matthew was a disciple when Jesus had dinner at his house.

Jesus isn't going to call unrepentant sinners 'disciples'.

Matthew 9:9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

Matthew 9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

Last edited:

marhig

Those are excellent scriptures showing when Jesus called them apostles.

Matthew was a disciple when Jesus had dinner at his house.

Jesus isn't going to call unrepentant sinners 'disciples'.

Matthew 9:9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

Matthew 9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
Jesus also ate with many publicans and SINNERS and it was sinners who Jesus was calling to repentance, Jesus knew that many of these people had better hearts than many of those who look the part but we self righteous. So yes I believe he would have mixed with them to bring them the truth in the hope that they would believe and follow him. By the way, I have never once said that Jesus didn't tell sinners to repent of their sins, and stop sinning, I know that he did, it's quite clear that he was preaching to all sinners to repent and turn from their sins!

And regardless of what you say, it says in the Bible that Jesus chose 12 and made them apostles, so Matthew wasn't an apostle until Jesus picked him out to be one at the time he chose all 12 of them.

Anyway, this is going end up long and drawn out again, and I can see you've already started to become nasty again with your judgemental insults, like you always do to people you don't agree with, so it's better if I just stop here. This is my last post to you regarding this. Thanks.

God's Truth

Jesus also ate with many publicans and SINNERS and it was sinners who Jesus was calling to repentance, Jesus knew that many of these people had better hearts than many of those who look the part but we self righteous. So yes I believe he would have mixed with them to bring them the truth in the hope that they would believe and follow him. By the way, I have never once said that Jesus didn't tell sinners to repent of their sins, and stop sinning, I know that he did, it's quite clear that he was preaching to all sinners to repent and turn from their sins!

And regardless of what you say, it says in the Bible that Jesus chose 12 and made them apostles, so Matthew wasn't an apostle until Jesus picked him out to be one at the time he chose all 12 of them.

Anyway, this is going end up long and drawn out again, and I can see you've already started to become nasty again with your judgemental insults, like you always do to people you don't agree with, so it's better if I just stop here. This is my last post to you regarding this. Thanks.

Matthew was a disciple. You can't get around that. I don't know why you are stuck on saying he was an unrepentant sinner. He was a disciple and Jesus ordained him 'apostle'.

I couldn't care any less about your false judgments of me. You are the nasty person. How does that sound? You don't like it then don't say it to me.

You pretending what you would do for prostitutes and drugs addicts and you merely telling a gay man that God does not like that sin is a silly comparison to what we were talking about.

No sinners who want to stay that way are going to put up with you or me preaching to them all day.

The sinners came to Jesus, which tells us they wanted to change.