Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

beloved57

Jesus was speaking to the unbelieving Pharisees. You cannot apply that to everyone.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 heard and believed Peter's Gospel, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Which proves that... "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

No one is zapped with the Holy Spirit in the New Testament. You must hear and believe the Gospel.
You and your do or die law gospel.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
You and your do or die law gospel.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

It is according to the word of God. It is the Gospel of grace.

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom also after that YOU BELIEVED, you were sealed with the with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

You have never heard, nor have you believed.

beloved57

It is according to the word of God. It is the Gospel of grace.

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom also after that YOU BELIEVED, you were sealed with the with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

You have never heard, nor have you believed.

You crack me up and should be ashamed of yourself for doing the very thing you condemned others of doing !

beloved57

Did that come from you? How can you even talk without a free will? Perhaps the devil said it.

You going around here posting thread after thread condemning folk about being religious and trying to keep the law to get saved, and you do the exact same thing. Rom 2:1

[FONT=&quot]Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.[/FONT]

Robert Pate

Banned
You going around here posting thread after thread condemning folk about being religious and trying to keep the law to get saved, and you do the exact same thing. Rom 2:1

[FONT="]Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.[/FONT]

Is that from you, God or the devil?

It can't be from you because you don't have a free will. You are just a dumb robot.

beloved57

Is that from you, God or the devil?

It can't be from you because you don't have a free will. You are just a dumb robot.
Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Luke and the other apostles did not know or understand all that Jesus had accomplished in his life, death and resurrection until the day of Pentecost Acts chapter 2. Paul also taught the apostles the Gospel that he had received from Jesus, Galatians 1:11,12.

When Paul referred to "my Gospel" he meant the Gospel that he received from Jesus, Galatians 1:11,12.
I'm aware of Dispensationalism. What I'm asking is if the older idea, mentioned by Eusebius, that when Paul talked about "my Gospel," he was talking about the Gospel according to Luke, makes sense within the biblical text.

The reason I ask is because we have good reason to think that Luke, himself not being present to witness personally the events and sayings that he wrote about in his Gospel, wrote what someone else told him, and we have good reason to think that that person was Paul. Now, does it square with Galatians 1:11-12 KJV? Does it make sense that what Luke wrote in his Gospel, is what Paul learned from the Lord Himself?

To me, there's nothing hindering that understanding. And if that's what Paul meant when he said "my Gospel" (e.g. 2nd Timothy 2:8 KJV), then that doesn't support Dispensationalism, it not appearing in the historical record until many centuries after Eusebius wrote his history.

Idolater

Please provide scripture to support this bogus claim.
We know that Luke wasn't there for the events that he recorded, he learned what he wrote from someone else. Half of Acts has Luke and Paul traveling all around the eastern Mediterranean basin, all the way to Rome, so we know they were very familiar with one another. Paul said he learned the Gospel from Christ directly. So that's the foundation of the idea.
He didn't. That's why Paul calls it MY GOSPEL.
And the thinking here is that Luke's Gospel Is Paul's Gospel. If you don't think that Paul instructed Luke, and that that is how Luke was able to write his Gospel account, then that's OK, but I'm curious if you have another explanation? It's also fine if you don't; I'm just curious.

Right Divider

Body part
We know that Luke wasn't there for the events that he recorded, he learned what he wrote from someone else.
How do you CLAIM to know that "Luke wasn't there for the events that he recorded"? How do you KNOW this? How do you KNOW that it was Paul that "helped" him with his "gospel"?

Half of Acts has Luke and Paul traveling all around the eastern Mediterranean basin, all the way to Rome, so we know they were very familiar with one another.
That does NOTHING to prove your other claim.

Paul said he learned the Gospel from Christ directly. So that's the foundation of the idea.

And the thinking here is that Luke's Gospel Is Paul's Gospel.
And that "thinking" is just plain wrong and you are doing NOTHING to "prove" it... except continuing to make claims that it's true.

If you don't think that Paul instructed Luke, and that that is how Luke was able to write his Gospel account, then that's OK, but I'm curious if you have another explanation? It's also fine if you don't; I'm just curious.
Luke did not need Paul to write his "gospel". I don't need an explanation. You are the one making claims without proof that those claims are true.

Idolater

How do you CLAIM to know that "Luke wasn't there for the events that he recorded"? How do you KNOW this?
He wrote that he "had perfect understanding of all things from the very first." So he either witnessed everything he wrote about, or he did not. I think it possible that he did not.
How do you KNOW that it was Paul that "helped" him with his "gospel"?
I don't know. I'm just saying maybe it was, and if it was, then does Paul's Gospel equal Luke's Gospel. Does it fit the text.
Why are you fighting the idea so hard?
Why is this idea so threatening?
And that "thinking" is just plain wrong and you are doing NOTHING to "prove" it... except continuing to make claims that it's true.
Do you think that Luke did witness all the events he wrote about? Was he there in Bethlehem, for example? I don't think that he was, do you?
Luke did not need Paul to write his "gospel".
Right, if he didn't 'need Paul,' then he clearly was able to do it some other way. Any thoughts as to how?
I don't need an explanation. You are the one making claims without proof that those claims are true.
Does it hurt to at least consider an explanation?