RepublicanChick's plan for ISIS

republicanchick

This is a great plan

We send all our tanks and artillery and machine guns and just EVERYTHING over there

along with a huge number of troops

and lots of bombs

and we tell ISIS to surrender or we will drop the A bomb on them

Hey, it worked before

++

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And of course that bomb wouldn't kill innocent children and unborn babies, right?

Arthur Brain

This is a great plan

We send all our tanks and artillery and machine guns and just EVERYTHING over there

and lots of bombs

Hey, it worked before

++

Well, if by "great plan" you mean initiating WWIII then Yayyyyy, way to go...

What a nut.

:plain:

Foxfire

This is a great plan

and lots of bombs

Hey, it worked before

++
Hate to burst your bubble, but if it HAD 'worked before', we wouldn't still have the all problems that we have there now.

moparguy

Um ... a bit short sighted.

They, at the very least, have to be beaten in a way that will discredit their beliefs.

AFAIK, that requires holding their borders static for a long while, or getting a bunch of "christian" italians from rome to beat the SNOT out of them - with extreme prejudice - at dabiq. Not sure enough about that form of islamic eschatology to know if there are other things that could be done to not only beat them, but to also discredit their belief system.

As far as the silly "kill them all" - I gather they actually expect to be nearly all killed off at some point. That probably wouldn't work very well to discredit the ideology.

republicanchick

Well, if by "great plan" you mean initiating WWIII then Yayyyyy, way to go...

What a nut.

:plain:

you libs are just SOOO childish... can't even construct a 2 sentence paragraph w/o injecting INSULT

And oh... I just SOOOOO believe that I am a nut just b/c YOU (a lib, aka non-thinker-relies-on-feelings-only) call me one...

Well, here I go... off to see the shrink b/c some half-wit sex-obsessed (all libs seem to focus on sex..) thinks I'm a nut... Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+++

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
This is a great plan

and lots of bombs

Hey, it worked before

++
Charming. Sounds like the normalcy of civilization.

Jesus shows a better way.

republicanchick

Hate to burst your bubble, but if it HAD 'worked before', we wouldn't still have the all problems that we have there now.

yeh, you're right...

If we had let Hitler win, we would all be speaking German (the few who survived, that is) but no problem... better than what we have today... yessirreeee

+++

republicanchick

Charming. Sounds like the normalcy of civilization.

Jesus shows a better way.

It looks like relying on "Jesus" (whose version of Jesus..? God knows..) is not working.

Jesus came to Earth 2000 years ago. It doesn't look like too many are listening to Him

especially that pesky little ignore-worthy thing he said about loving your neighbor as yourself

that thing about how Whatever you do to the least of His followers you do to HIM (God)

___

republicanchick

OK

so perusing all or most posts here so far

I see that

no one has a better plan

I am just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO shocked..

and here I thought that the people had little in common with Mr Leftie in the WH

++

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

It looks like relying on "Jesus" (whose version of Jesus..? God knows..) is not working.

Jesus came to Earth 2000 years ago. It doesn't look like too many are listening to Him

especially that pesky little ignore-worthy thing he said about loving your neighbor as yourself

that thing about how Whatever you do to the least of His followers you do to HIM (God)

___
Nowadays most people think that to take Jesus seriously means they have to believe "He died for your sins," he is "the Son of God," he was "Born of a Virgin" or he could "walk on water."

These are ancient theological titles placed on his life by his later followers. The New Testament writings all began at least 30 to 70 years after the crucifixion.

All it takes is for readers of the Bible to take him seriously. And there are a growing number of folks that are--at least that's what my own education and experience tell me.

The irony is that many of these people and groups that are helping to bring the Kingdom of God here on earth are not even Christians! There are secularists, humanists, and even atheists and agnostics that are unwittingly following Jesus' teachings.

If we are to keep following the "fight or flight" approach to conflict, we will destroy ourselves, our children and everyone else. Giving in or fighting back against enemies is a no win situation.

Stop worshiping Christ. Start following Jesus.

Sitamun

OK

I see that

no one has a better plan

and here I thought that the people had little in common with Mr Leftie in the WH

++

Why should anyone put forth an alternate plan when we all know you won't pay any mind to it. You can't even see the insanity of your own plan. You can't even tell just where "over there" precisely is too wipe out Daesh so quickly and easily. What does victory look like? How many deaths of innocents do you deem acceptable in your quest for this victory?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
This is a great plan

and lots of bombs

Hey, it worked before

++
I think we could easily, say, take back an ISIS-conquered city like those in Anbar Province.

But then what would we do?

That was the Bush-Cheney strategy. How effective was that?

republicanchick

Nowadays most people think that to take Jesus seriously means they have to believe "He died for your sins," he is "the Son of God," he was "Born of a Virgin" or he could "walk on water."

These are ancient theological titles placed on his life by his later followers. The New Testament writings all began at least 30 to 70 years after the crucifixion.

All it takes is for readers of the Bible to take him seriously. And there are a growing number of folks that are--at least that's what my own education and experience tell me.

The irony is that many of these people and groups that are helping to bring the Kingdom of God here on earth are not even Christians! There are secularists, humanists, and even atheists and agnostics that are unwittingly following Jesus' teachings.

If we are to keep following the "fight or flight" approach to conflict, we will destroy ourselves, our children and everyone else. Giving in or fighting back against enemies is a no win situation.

Stop worshiping Christ. Start following Jesus.

seeing as how this makes NO sense to me, I cannot and will not comment

except to say that Jesus did die for our sins and it is by his stripes that we are healed, as the Bible and Church attest (Bible and Church never contradict but for those who think they do...)

+++

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
u know or strongly suspect that the Catholic Church is right by one thing, if nothing else

Most anti-Catholics are obsessed with Her

+++
Apparently you are not a student of history. Besides, I simply noted that you are Catholic in my reply.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK

I see that

no one has a better plan

++

A better plan than telling them "surrender OR we will wipe you out of existence"?