Remember when?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I've been meaning to ask you a very important question? How come you ONLY have 2,125 Pos-reps to your name and you've been on TOL since 2001?

(Barbarian checks)Wow. You've been really busy. I seem to cause some unstable people to become obsessed with how much they hate me. You and Tambora seem to be the latest. I'm guessing there's a limit to how much negative rep you can give, but you two certainly must be hitting it, most of the time.

I believe there have been some others in the past like that. Sorry for not paying attention; you clearly were trying to get it.

That's rather curious, don't ya think? :think: :)

Well, if you crave attention, I guess that's just one more way for you to try to get it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
(Barbarian checks)Wow. You've been really busy. I seem to cause some unstable people to become obsessed with how much they hate me. You and Tambora seem to be the latest. I'm guessing there's a limit to how much negative rep you can give, but you two certainly must be hitting it, most of the time.

I believe there have been some others in the past like that. Sorry for not paying attention; you clearly were trying to get it.

Well, if you crave attention, I guess that's just one more way for you to try to get it.

For some reason I'm not very impressed with your answer here. Could you try and elaborate a wee bit? I realize you're extremely busy trying to help push the liberal agenda, however you owe it to your 'fans' to try to give a more thought provoking response to my original question? I want to respect you, but you're making it difficult for me.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Brazil is #1 on the list. Do they have an immigrant problem? :think:

How about anyone in the top 13? No?...

Notice that most evidence shows that immigrants tend to be more law-abiding than native born Americans:

We started by checking out the 2015 National Academy of Sciences study Villaraigosa cited. It found: "Immigrants are in fact much less likely to commit crime than natives, and the presence of large numbers of immigrants seems to lower crime rates." The study added that "This disparity also holds for young men most likely to be undocumented immigrants: Mexican, Salvadoran, and Guatemalan men."

It continued: "Today, the belief that immigrants are more likely to commit crimes is perpetuated by ‘issue entrepreneurs’ who promote the immigrant-crime connection in order to drive restrictionist immigration policy."

The academy is a nonprofit research organization charged with providing independent advice to the nation. It is funded largely by the federal government.

Findings in a March 2017 study by the libertarian Cato Institute also support Villaraigosa's statement:

"Illegal immigrants are 44 percent less likely to be incarcerated than natives. Legal immigrants are 69 percent less likely to be incarcerated than natives. Legal and illegal immigrants are underrepresented in the incarcerated population while natives are overrepresented."

The Cato study used information from the U.S. Census Bureau's American Community Survey for immigrants aged 18 to 54 who are incarcerated in the United States.

To examine Villaraigosa's claim, we also relied on research into similar claims by our partner national PolitiFact. In July 2016, it rated Mostly True a statement by Libertarian candidate for president Gary Johnson that Mexican immigrants "are more law-abiding than U.S. citizens and that is a statistic."

PolitiFact found several studies that back up this claim by citing incarceration rates. It also found groups that challenged those studies or said more research is needed.

http://www.politifact.com/californi...-true-undocumented-immigrants-less-likely-co/

So your point makes sense.

Arthur Brain

But, but, you're a far-left zealot Brit. That counts for something, right?

Well, I'm a "Brit" but I'm no zealot of any sort. That's in your ball park GM it would seem. All I expect from you are pointless neg reps and snark. I don't expect anything resembling an understanding of differing opinion but just childish behaviour from a grown man who I reckon has a lot of bitterness going on for some reason.

Arthur Brain

It's really cute when these guys go on about "reputation" as if it's all above board and even...

:chuckle:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's really cute when these guys go on about "reputation" as if it's all above board and even...

:chuckle:

Obviously, it was an attempt to get my attention. I don't actually look at that stuff, so it was kind of a surprise to see that Grossnik was following me around on every thread, tossing negative rep as much as he could.

Even more than Tambora,who seems to have been my major stalker in the past.

glorydaz

Well, I'm a "Brit" but I'm no zealot of any sort. That's in your ball park GM it would seem. All I expect from you are pointless neg reps and snark. I don't expect anything resembling an understanding of differing opinion but just childish behaviour from a grown man who I reckon has a lot of bitterness going on for some reason.

And what do you call that little rant of yours? :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

hi :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Perhaps you're too poor to pay attention?

Arthur Brain

Hey, you could do the same if you wanted to.

So you shouldn't pretend like anything is done under the table.

Why would I want to? I've never used the rep system to act like some kid and I ain't gonna now either. Where it comes to 'under the table' then SOOTS was blown a long time ago but you lot have fun if that's what matters to ya...

glorydaz

Why would I want to? I've never used the rep system to act like some kid and I ain't gonna now either. Where it comes to 'under the table' then SOOTS was blown a long time ago but you lot have fun if that's what matters to ya...

Oh, Artie is so grown up and mature. Wish we could all be like him.

Arthur Brain

Oh, Artie is so grown up and mature. Wish we could all be like him.

Only comparatively...:D

Kinda simple. Debate like an adult, don't act like a kid with dumb little neg reps. You aren't capable of that?

If not then crack on with the same immature shtick GD. You know fine well it ain't returned in kind as does Tam and GM. Still, it's fascinating to see the almost obsessive nature of those who persist with it and who get miffed when it isn't returned though. I'll lay odds that Barb hasn't given any of you a single neg rep or snarky little comment behind the scenes.

:)

glorydaz

Only comparatively...:D

Kinda simple. Debate like an adult, don't act like a kid with dumb little neg reps. You aren't capable of that?

If not then crack on with the same immature shtick GD. You know fine well it ain't returned in kind as does Tam and GM. Still, it's fascinating to see the almost obsessive nature of those who persist with it and who get miffed when it isn't returned though. I'll lay odds that Barb hasn't given any of you a single neg rep or snarky little comment behind the scenes.

:)

Just because you're too "mature" to enjoy life, doesn't mean we all need to be. It's no wonder you libs are so unhappy all the time. :down:

Arthur Brain

Just because you're too "mature" to enjoy life, doesn't mean we all need to be. It's no wonder you libs are so unhappy all the time. :down:

What are you on about GD? Because I ain't childish enough to go around neg repping that somehow equates to "not enjoying life"? That's one bizarre leap of "logic" to say the least. Smacks of projection. CC posts as if his head is gonna explode all the time, GM moans on and on about "far leftists" even though his "targets" are generally moderates and Musty and Nick M could kill a party vibe just by entering the room. Never met such miserable, bitter little men as the latter...

Yeah GD, far right zealots are full of the joys of spring - in Antarctica.

:plain: