RELIGION: An Indication of the Absence of Faith

clefty

The heart of the Jewish religion was the "Holy of Holies".
lol...because that is where HE WAS...sitting on the law which was under the mercy seat...its foundation

While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion.
you wish...the curtain seperating the Law from everyone but the High Priest once a year was destroyed NOT THE LAW...

the entirety of the second temple era the holy of Holies was EMPTY...no law...no mercy seat...NO SPIRIT...the curtain was destroyed which meant exactly no the space could be approached by any and ALL made Holy by the sufficient sacrifice of Him...the curtain was destroyed not the Law nor the temple at this time...certainly not the Spirit that had hidden behind it but NOW WAS EVERYWHERE even to the goyim...

Without the "Holy of Holies" there cannot be a Jewish religion. Judaism is a religion of law.
there were jews since Judah of Isaac...their religion was the religion of israel that church in the wilderness as poor stephen called it...there was that religion before the temple...between the temples...and now after the temples...all of it not removing sin...nor salvific but there it is...some of it still pointing to HIM...HIS WAY...alas not all of it

According to Paul the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. This is why Judaism is obsolete.
WRONG AGAIN...the supreme and divine irony that Paul here is actually discussing what is destroyed in order for you to approach the temple...to become full citizens of ISRAEL...its “religion”...the WAY...to no longer be strangers or foreigners living another way...but now joined together in HIS TEMPLE...HIS FAITH...IN HIM

The reason that it was abolished is because it was contrary to us, no one could keep it or do it, Colossians 2:14.
the law was not human handwritten...but by the finger of Yah Himself...

We now have a New Covenant, Hebrews 8:6. The Old Covenant is forever gone, Hebrews 8:13.
learn the differences between covenant and Law please...

Jesus is the New Covenant.
yup toasted it to a room full of jews...then after signing it with His blood and sealing it forever with His death...His believers still hurried to keep the Sabbath...other festivals...kosher etc...no record of them doing anything else but OT ways...the church in the wilderness lived on...New High Priest and shepherd...new contract...same terms and goals...for the Promise...

Under the New Covenant we are justified by faith in Jesus and not by the law.
SAME AS IN THE OLD...BY FAITH ABRAHAM...etc...et al...seriously how long do you ignore and reject this

The law cannot justify.
yup it was NOT BUILT FOR THAT...but to point out sin...and to the ONE WHO CAN...it remains a shadow...PAUL CLARIFIES that in present tense Col. 2:17 Heb. 10:1

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall be no flesh justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin: Romans 3:20.
DUH

That is the purpose of the law now ALWAYS
there fixed it for you

To convict us of sin and bring us to Christ so that we can be saved.
YUP just said that...

This is what Paul meant when he said that the law is our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ, Galatians 3:24.
they are not contrary...He wrote that law just as He is Lord of the Sabbath...

Think about it...Lord of London...what would it profit the Lord of London to destroy London?

You need to give up trying to keep the law and trust in Christ alone for your salvation.

Just how do you show others you are in Him? What fruits do you bare? What works of yours will you be rewarded for...which works will glorify Him?...How will you testify of Him in word and action? How are you different than before you died to yourself and became a slave to Him His way? How are you not of this world but peculiar and seperate from it? What race are you running to the end? Are you here with them that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF His son?

Will you hear “Well done believed good and faithful servant”?

Do you obey His commandments to abide in His love?

Faith without works is what...ask James who knew gentiles unlike you would keep crowding the synagogues on the Sabbath and hear Moses read to them...part of doing the will of Yah is hearing the game plan...then doing it

Robert Pate

Banned
lol...because that is where HE WAS...sitting on the law which was under the mercy seat...its foundation

you wish...the curtain seperating the Law from everyone but the High Priest once a year was destroyed NOT THE LAW...

the entirety of the second temple era the holy of Holies was EMPTY...no law...no mercy seat...NO SPIRIT...the curtain was destroyed which meant exactly no the space could be approached by any and ALL made Holy by the sufficient sacrifice of Him...the curtain was destroyed not the Law nor the temple at this time...certainly not the Spirit that had hidden behind it but NOW WAS EVERYWHERE even to the goyim...

there were jews since Judah of Isaac...their religion was the religion of israel that church in the wilderness as poor stephen called it...there was that religion before the temple...between the temples...and now after the temples...all of it not removing sin...nor salvific but there it is...some of it still pointing to HIM...HIS WAY...alas not all of it

WRONG AGAIN...the supreme and divine irony that Paul here is actually discussing what is destroyed in order for you to approach the temple...to become full citizens of ISRAEL...its “religion”...the WAY...to no longer be strangers or foreigners living another way...but now joined together in HIS TEMPLE...HIS FAITH...IN HIM

the law was not human handwritten...but by the finger of Yah Himself...

learn the differences between covenant and Law please...

yup toasted it to a room full of jews...then after signing it with His blood and sealing it forever with His death...His believers still hurried to keep the Sabbath...other festivals...kosher etc...no record of them doing anything else but OT ways...the church in the wilderness lived on...New High Priest and shepherd...new contract...same terms and goals...for the Promise...

SAME AS IN THE OLD...BY FAITH ABRAHAM...etc...et al...seriously how long do you ignore and reject this

yup it was NOT BUILT FOR THAT...but to point out sin...and to the ONE WHO CAN...it remains a shadow...PAUL CLARIFIES that in present tense Col. 2:17 Heb. 10:1

DUH

there fixed it for you

YUP just said that...

they are not contrary...He wrote that law just as He is Lord of the Sabbath...

Think about it...Lord of London...what would it profit the Lord of London to destroy London?

Just how do you show others you are in Him? What fruits do you bare? What works of yours will you be rewarded for...which works will glorify Him?...How will you testify of Him in word and action? How are you different than before you died to yourself and became a slave to Him His way? How are you not of this world but peculiar and seperate from it? What race are you running to the end? Are you here with them that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF His son?

Will you hear “Well done believed good and faithful servant”?

Do you obey His commandments to abide in His love?

Faith without works is what...ask James who knew gentiles unlike you would keep crowding the synagogues on the Sabbath and hear Moses read to them...part of doing the will of Yah is hearing the game plan...then doing it

All of that and not one reference to scripture.

You apparently do not believe Paul. You never quote him.

Nor do you believe in living by the Spirit. Paul makes it very clear that if you live according to the law you are under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

To reject the teachings of Paul is to reject the Gospel and justification by faith.

clefty

All of that and not one reference to scripture.

You apparently do not believe Paul. You never quote him.

Nor do you believe in living by the Spirit. Paul makes it very clear that if you live according to the law you are under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

To reject the teachings of Paul is to reject the Gospel and justification by faith.

I do hope you read scripture better than my posting...you missed I quoted Paul twice

You dont know Paul...

This study will help:

http://www.fogwhistle.ca/acts/evidence.html

Or keep on with the false witness Paul taught the law was changed...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That which is obsolete is the law of Moses that you worship. It never did accomplish its purpose, Hebrews 8:7.

The New Covenant is Jesus. In Jesus Christ we have been sanctified, justified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Can your law do that.

You have made the law and your Jewish religion your Jesus.

Shalom.

Today is Shishi, 11-3.

No. The Law of Moses is the Word of God.

Are you saying that you cannot admit to obeying God's commandments because I obey God's commandments?

I do not worship the law of Moses as you say that I do. You are wrong about that. It shows that you are not following the conversation or what I am saying for you to say that.

You are incorrect to say that the law of Moses never did accomplish its purpose. I know that the people broke the covenant. But that is not God's fault.

The New Covenant is not Jesus. Jesus "brought" the New Covenant. This is what God promised in Jeremiah. You are correct that we are sanctified, justified, and redeemed. The Bible says that what the Law could not do, weak as it was in the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

The New Covenant was, is, for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's Law written on minds and hearts. It came in Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ.

There is no similarity between the law, Jewish religion, and Jesus. Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the commandments, and that is what I do.

There was nothing wrong with being zealous for the Law, or for good deeds.

Do you not obey God because I obey God? That would be a bad reason to disobey God and Christ. So, obey God.

Maybe you already do.

Do you obey God? It is a yes or no question.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shishi, 11-3.

No. The Law of Moses is the Word of God.

Are you saying that you cannot admit to obeying God's commandments because I obey God's commandments?

I do not worship the law of Moses as you say that I do. You are wrong about that. It shows that you are not following the conversation or what I am saying for you to say that.

You are incorrect to say that the law of Moses never did accomplish its purpose. I know that the people broke the covenant. But that is not God's fault.

The New Covenant is not Jesus. Jesus "brought" the New Covenant. This is what God promised in Jeremiah. You are correct that we are sanctified, justified, and redeemed. The Bible says that what the Law could not do, weak as it was in the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

The New Covenant was, is, for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's Law written on minds and hearts. It came in Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ.

There is no similarity between the law, Jewish religion, and Jesus. Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the commandments, and that is what I do.

There was nothing wrong with being zealous for the Law, or for good deeds.

Do you not obey God because I obey God? That would be a bad reason to disobey God and Christ. So, obey God.

Maybe you already do.

Do you obey God? It is a yes or no question.

Shalom.

Jacob

No one is able to obey the commandments simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. John said, "If we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8.

The law demands perfection. You don't have it to offer. God is not the minister of sin. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, which you are one of. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. If you go to heaven it will have to be on his merit and not your own. This is why Paul said, "That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness that is of the law".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No one is able to obey the commandments simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. John said, "If we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8.

The law demands perfection. You don't have it to offer. God is not the minister of sin. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, which you are one of. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. If you go to heaven it will have to be on his merit and not your own. This is why Paul said, "That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness that is of the law".

Shalom.

I hope to be resurrected among the righteous and I believe that I will be. I am righteous. I live a righteous life. And I have the righteousness of Christ. The righteousness of Christ has been imputed to me.

You have no reason to disobey God's commandments. But you do not recognize that this is what you are saying. This is evident by your calling me a sinner and saying that since I am a sinner I cannot obey. Wrong. I am not a sinner. I used to be a sinner. And, a sinner can choose to obey God's commandments. You have also failed to recognize that. Otherwise, how would a sinner choose to turn from the error of his ways, or how would a sinner choose to turn from the error of his ways?

My question to you is do you obey God? If you do not, then you must repent and turn to God and Jesus in faith or else you will not be saved. When you turn to God in faith, repenting of your sin, you choose to obey God or you are enabled to obey God. It is not that you remain a sinner.

Do you accept Paul? As an apostle?

Do you accept the Apostles?

Do you accept the Apostle John?

1 John 3:6 NKJV - Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

1 John 3:9 NKJV - Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

1 John 5:18 NKJV - We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

Did you know that anything that is not obedience is sin?

Shalom.

Jacob

john w

Hall of Fame
Paul taught that the law had been abolished, not changed. I don't see much hope for you.

No, he did not, pervert. The law still functions as it always does-to display what sin is, and lead others to Christ, as a schoolmaster.

You're an idiot, also. If the law was abolished, how can Paul, "post cross," write:

Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans & KJV
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Pate: The law is abolished, so the lost can no longer know what sin is, can no longer be lead by the law as a schoolmastet to Christ, and murder, sodomy, stealing................................................is OK, since there is no law against it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=satanic.

Again:

Colossians 2:14 KJV Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Survey Hebrews 7:15-16 KJV And it is yet far more evident if, according to the likeness of Melchisedec there arises another priest,Who is made, not according to the law of a carnal commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

Survey Hebrews 9:9-10 KJV Which was symbolic for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him who did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Which stood only in meat and drink offerings, and various washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed until the time of reformation.

God's law is not carnal,....the problem is with man....To wit, Paul...

You lied,Pate. And "the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, idiot-you lied, or are just stupid.

"the handwriting of ordinances" is not equivalent to the law. Paul was referring to the sin debt, the "certificate of debt," the "charge against the accused,".....That, was nailed to the cross, as the custom, at that time, when one was crucified, was to post/nail the charges, against the accused, on said cross. Back then, a bond debt/certificate of debt, was cancelled, by being nailed to a post.

This "dogma"/"ordinances, was a document written in one's own hand as legal proof of indebtedness, i.e., a bond of indebtedness; a note of debt.

“handwriting”-“a note of hand, or writing, in which one acknowledges that money has either been deposited with him/her, or lent to him by another, to be returned at an appointed time.”

And then later it came to refer to any acknowledgment of debt. Get it? Sin debt. That is the meaning of the word “handwriting”-an acknowledgement of debt.

It refers tp anything written with the hand, a bond, note of hand, it signifies a sort of note under a man’s hand, whereby he obliges himself to the payment of any debt. In other words, a note of debt or a note of guilt.

The record that contained the charges, was nailed to the cross-canceled. Not the law. The charges were against us....The certified copy of an execution order, which was against, was nailed to the cross.

'"the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, so stop scamming people on TOL, driving them away from Christ. And Paul's point-that debt was against us, or "notice of execution," not the law, as it is good, and holy, and just, and good.......

The handwriting of ordinances is not the law. Get your facts straight-sloppy. The charge against us, written order of a death sentence, "the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, as you assert, biblically illiterate one. You changed the scripture. "the handwriting of ordinances" is a reference to the sin debt,"note of debt," the "notice of indebtedness," "the charge," the notice of the, so to speak, "certified copy of an execution order," being nailed to the cross-not the law, itself.

Romans 7 KJV

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ nailed to the cross what was contrary to him...

Ephesians 2:15 KJV "the law of commandments contained in ordinances;"
Colossians 2:14 KJV "the handwriting of ordinances"
Hebrews 7:16 KJV "the law of a carnal commandment"
Hebrews 9:10 KJV "carnal ordinances;"

What the Lord Jesus Christ abolished was carnal/fleshly commandments and ordinances, and hand written ordinances=that is the context..= the decrees of exclusion established by men, which were rooted in enmity between Jew & Gentile,such as “touch not, taste not, handle not”(survey Colossians 2:21 KJV), man-made social class/caste system set in place by Oral Torah, and Jewish leaders, attempting to keep a social and religious difference between Jews and Gentiles. Ordinances/decrees were laws that were man-made. Paul was referring to man-made orders, in this verse through the term “ordinance”. These “ordinances” were, yes, indeed hostile/”hate”/”enmity”, as they restrained anyone other than “Jews” worshiping God. These ordinances made a clear separation between Jew and Gentile, by elevating one above the other, to an “elite status,” to the extent where gentiles were looked down upon, scorned, and disassociated, by Jews everywhere………..

Robert Pate

Banned
No, he did not, pervert. The law still functions as it always does-to display what sin is, and lead others to Christ, as a schoolmaster.

You're an idiot, also. If the law was abolished, how can Paul, "post cross," write:

Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans & KJV

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Pate: The law is abolished, so the lost can no longer know what sin is, can no longer be lead by the law as a schoolmastet to Christ, and murder, sodomy, stealing................................................is OK, since there is no law against it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=satanic.

Again:

Colossians 2:14 KJV Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Survey Hebrews 7:15-16 KJV And it is yet far more evident if, according to the likeness of Melchisedec there arises another priest,Who is made, not according to the law of a carnal commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

Survey Hebrews 9:9-10 KJV Which was symbolic for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him who did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Which stood only in meat and drink offerings, and various washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed until the time of reformation.

God's law is not carnal,....the problem is with man....To wit, Paul...

You lied,Pate. And "the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, idiot-you lied, or are just stupid.

"the handwriting of ordinances" is not equivalent to the law. Paul was referring to the sin debt, the "certificate of debt," the "charge against the accused,".....That, was nailed to the cross, as the custom, at that time, when one was crucified, was to post/nail the charges, against the accused, on said cross. Back then, a bond debt/certificate of debt, was cancelled, by being nailed to a post.

This "dogma"/"ordinances, was a document written in one's own hand as legal proof of indebtedness, i.e., a bond of indebtedness; a note of debt.

“handwriting”-“a note of hand, or writing, in which one acknowledges that money has either been deposited with him/her, or lent to him by another, to be returned at an appointed time.”

And then later it came to refer to any acknowledgment of debt. Get it? Sin debt. That is the meaning of the word “handwriting”-an acknowledgement of debt.

It refers tp anything written with the hand, a bond, note of hand, it signifies a sort of note under a man’s hand, whereby he obliges himself to the payment of any debt. In other words, a note of debt or a note of guilt.

The record that contained the charges, was nailed to the cross-canceled. Not the law. The charges were against us....The certified copy of an execution order, which was against, was nailed to the cross.

'"the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, so stop scamming people on TOL, driving them away from Christ. And Paul's point-that debt was against us, or "notice of execution," not the law, as it is good, and holy, and just, and good.......

The handwriting of ordinances is not the law. Get your facts straight-sloppy. The charge against us, written order of a death sentence, "the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, as you assert, biblically illiterate one. You changed the scripture. "the handwriting of ordinances" is a reference to the sin debt,"note of debt," the "notice of indebtedness," "the charge," the notice of the, so to speak, "certified copy of an execution order," being nailed to the cross-not the law, itself.

Romans 7 KJV

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ nailed to the cross what was contrary to him...

Ephesians 2:15 KJV "the law of commandments contained in ordinances;"
Colossians 2:14 KJV "the handwriting of ordinances"
Hebrews 7:16 KJV "the law of a carnal commandment"
Hebrews 9:10 KJV "carnal ordinances;"

What the Lord Jesus Christ abolished was carnal/fleshly commandments and ordinances, and hand written ordinances=that is the context..= the decrees of exclusion established by men, which were rooted in enmity between Jew & Gentile,such as “touch not, taste not, handle not”(survey Colossians 2:21 KJV), man-made social class/caste system set in place by Oral Torah, and Jewish leaders, attempting to keep a social and religious difference between Jews and Gentiles. Ordinances/decrees were laws that were man-made. Paul was referring to man-made orders, in this verse through the term “ordinance”. These “ordinances” were, yes, indeed hostile/”hate”/”enmity”, as they restrained anyone other than “Jews” worshiping God. These ordinances made a clear separation between Jew and Gentile, by elevating one above the other, to an “elite status,” to the extent where gentiles were looked down upon, scorned, and disassociated, by Jews everywhere………..

Hogwash!

If the law has not been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Then we are all in serious trouble, simply because where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

When the Christian stands before God in the judgment God will see him "In Christ" In Jesus Christ the law has been fulfilled and abolished.

God can find no sin in the man that confesses with his mouth the Lord Jesus Christ and believes in his heart that God raised him from the dead, Romans 10:9,10.

The reason that God can find no sin is because Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

clefty

No one EVER batted 1000% either...but the game is still a joy to play and watch...until that one kid woddles up to the plate swings misses 3 times and throws a tantrum quits calls the game stoopid the rules stoopid and everybody who plays it LOSERS...and stomps off to play something else...

And then of course there is the other kid who steps up swings his bat hits the ball foul and demands it is in play because well... “rules dont matter”...and so the other kids argue they do matter but he insists...stands on first base triumphantly and ruins the game for everyone else...some fans watching even wondering if the spoiled brat will run to third now because well “rules dont matter”...”they have been abolished”...they look over at the fence and yup there are his parents cheering him on and arguing with the umpire yelling “rules dont matter!...rules dont matter!...they have been abolished!...”

Some kids get mad...others sit on their gloves in the outfield...one of them begins to cry...he loves the game his father played and taught him...

Robert Pate

Banned
No one EVER batted 1000% either...but the game is still a joy to play and watch...until that one kid woddles up to the plate swings misses 3 times and throws a tantrum quits calls the game stoopid the rules stoopid and everybody who plays it LOSERS...and stomps off to play something else...

And then of course there is the other kid who steps up swings his bat hits the ball foul and demands it is in play because well... “rules dont matter”...and so the other kids argue they do matter but he insists...stands on first base triumphantly and ruins the game for everyone else...some fans watching even wondering if the spoiled brat will run to third now because well “rules dont matter”...”they have been abolished”...they look over at the fence and yup there are his parents cheering him on and arguing with the umpire yelling “rules dont matter!...rules dont matter!...they have been abolished!...”

Some kids get mad...others sit on their gloves in the outfield...one of them begins to cry...he loves the game his father played and taught him...

You are playing the game by rules that have been abolished. Its a new ball game. Instead of living by rules and laws we are now called to live by faith, Romans 1:17. Living by faith does not need laws and rules. If you need laws and rules then you must be one of these, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10. Have you not noticed, we now have a NEW Testament. The Old Testament is now nothing but history and is fading away, Hebrews 8:13. In the New Testament we are led by the Holy Spirit and not the law. "The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit brings life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.

genuineoriginal

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation, this is why Paul said to the Galatians,

"Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.
You are not speaking the things that become sound doctrine.

Titus 2:1
1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine​

The law demands perfection
No, it doesn't.
Who sold you that lie?

Do you want to be judged by the law?
If you do what is right, you won't have to fear the judgment of the law.

Genesis 4:7
7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.​

The only righteousness that God will accept in the judgment is the righteousness which is of God by faith.
When you condemn the law that God gave, you are showing your lack of faith.
Stop being a judge of the law and become a doer of the law.

James 4:11
11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.​

genuineoriginal

No one is able to keep the law because... "All have sinned" Romans 3:23, and "There is none righteous" Romans 3:10. Those that think that they can keep the law are deceiving themselves, 1 John 1:8.

You seem to have no idea that the law included the rules for a sin offering.

Leviticus 4:25-26
25 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out his blood at the bottom of the altar of burnt offering.
26 And he shall burn all his fat upon the altar, as the fat of the sacrifice of peace offerings: and the priest shall make an atonement for him as concerning his sin, and it shall be forgiven him.​

Robert Pate

Banned
You seem to have no idea that the law included the rules for a sin offering.

Leviticus 4:25-26
25 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out his blood at the bottom of the altar of burnt offering.
26 And he shall burn all his fat upon the altar, as the fat of the sacrifice of peace offerings: and the priest shall make an atonement for him as concerning his sin, and it shall be forgiven him.​

That is Old Testament law that has been abolished. It pointed to Christ. In the New Testament we are justified by faith and not by the law, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17.

genuineoriginal

That is Old Testament law that has been abolished.
The Law of God has not been abolished.

In the New Testament we are justified by faith and not by the law, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17.
You have been corrected on your misinterpretation of that verse many times.
The verse Paul quoted from the Old Testament states that the righteous will live because of their faithfulness.
This presumes two things:
First, they are righteous people to begin with.
Second, their place in the world to come depends on their faithfulness in this world.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Law of God has not been abolished.

You have been corrected on your misinterpretation of that verse many times.
The verse Paul quoted from the Old Testament states that the righteous will live because of their faithfulness.
This presumes two things:
First, they are righteous people to begin with.
Second, their place in the world to come depends on their faithfulness in this world.

You are in conflict with God's word and Paul.

"There is NONE righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. "For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

No one will enter heaven that has not been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus Christ.

We are justified by faith, because we are justified by Christ.

genuineoriginal

You are in conflict with God's word and Paul.
My position is in harmony with God's word and with Paul's letters.

"There is NONE righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
You seem to have missed that Paul is quoting the Old Testament.

Romans 3:10
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:​

Until you look at the context of the phrase in the Old Testament, you will always misinterpret what Paul is talking about.

No one will enter heaven that has not been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus Christ.

We are justified by faith, because we are justified by Christ.
You missed what Paul said about that:

Romans 2:13
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.​

Robert Pate

Banned
My position is in harmony with God's word and with Paul's letters.

You seem to have missed that Paul is quoting the Old Testament.

Romans 3:10
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:​

Until you look at the context of the phrase in the Old Testament, you will always misinterpret what Paul is talking about.

You missed what Paul said about that:

Romans 2:13
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.​

Paul also said, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

Man is a hopeless sinner. He is born a sinner, Psalm 51:5. He lives his life before God as a sinner and dies as a sinner.

The hearers are just before God because God sees them "In Christ". The doers of the law are just before God because God sees them "In Christ". There is no salvation for anyone outside of the doing and the dying of Jesus.