Recent comments re: rural bigots

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassjester

Go back and read why the E.C. was implemented in the first place. There's your answer.

The electoral college was created to ensure at least a minimal amount of president-choosing power to small states. I get that. And I am all for it. If we're going to be united, there's got to be something in it for everybody. Makes sense.

But the "winner-takes-all elector votes" part of it is nowhere in the constitution.
And it easily lends itself to a discrepancy between the popular vote and the actual results of the election.

This is not an intended consequence of the implementation of the electoral college.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
When the popular vote is a 1% majority, there really is no majority except by technicality- you have full on half a country against the other. It's stupid, and that is why the EC exists, cased closed.

America kind of loses it's senses with these things- Hillary won the popular vote by a 'landside' (less than a half percent).

Really :AMR:

musterion

The electoral college was created to ensure at least a minimal amount of president-choosing power to small states. I get that. And I am all for it. If we're going to be united, there's got to be something in it for everybody. Makes sense.

But the "winner-takes-all elector votes" part of it is nowhere in the constitution.
And it easily lends itself to a discrepancy between the popular vote and the actual results of the election.

This is not an intended consequence of the implementation of the electoral college.

You wouldn't be saying any of this if current U.S. urban centers voted conservative instead of Leftist. You would be praising the wisdom of the E.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.