Real Science Friday: Multitasking Genes, Missing Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

Lighthouse said:
The issue is that evolutionists clearly don't know what they are talking about. I haven't heard a proponent of evolution make any logical sense in all the years of my life that I've been able to understand human speech.
Which explains a lot.

Jukia

I rebuke you, because I love you.

I've heard every word. And it all comes out as speculation with proud assurance. "It had to have happened this way, because it couldn't have happened any other way."

Yo, yo, yo you can keep that love and rebuke to yourself.

And if what you quoted is what you believe science says about evolution then I am right, you do need to sharpen your listening skills. Hearing aid time???

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yo, yo, yo you can keep that love and rebuke to yourself.

And it what you quoted is what you believe science says about evolution then I am right, you do need to sharpen your listening skills. Hearing aid time???
I read the exact same thing, with a little different wording, in the introduction to Darwin's Origin of the Species. It was in an explanation of teeth in a small mammal, IIRC. I think they said it was something the size of a squirrel, if not a squirrel.

Jukia

I read the exact same thing, with a little different wording, in the introduction to Darwin's Origin of the Species. It was in an explanation of teeth in a small mammal, IIRC. I think they said it was something the size of a squirrel, if not a squirrel.

1. Please provide a citation to the exact quote.
2. Origin was written 150 years ago. Nothing since then, huh? Glad to see you are up to date.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
1. Please provide a citation to the exact quote.
2. Origin was written 150 years ago. Nothing since then, huh? Glad to see you are up to date.
It was part of the introduction to a new volume. It was not part of what Darwin originally wrote.

And I do not own a copy, so the exact quote will be difficult to get at the time. I have to wait until I pay the library fees before I can borrow the book again. That should be in a couple of weeks, or less. Then I will give you the information I can, so you may find it.

Jukia

It was part of the introduction to a new volume. It was not part of what Darwin originally wrote.

And I do not own a copy, so the exact quote will be difficult to get at the time. I have to wait until I pay the library fees before I can borrow the book again. That should be in a couple of weeks, or less. Then I will give you the information I can, so you may find it.

You dont need to reborrow it, just get the date, publisher, person who wrote the intro and the specific quote.

And by the way, the quote you did use is not necessarily illogical on its face.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You dont need to reborrow it, just get the date, publisher, person who wrote the intro and the specific quote.
That is the only way I know to get the answers.

And by the way, the quote you did use is not necessarily illogical on its face.
How is it not illogical?

fool

Hall of Fame

Looks like the debate is on hold until Lighthouse's paper route picks up some steam.

Fred Williams

Jokia & Degette, where truth is the victim

Jokia & Degette, where truth is the victim

Jokia, I find it ironic, but not in the least surprising, that you would invoke “truth & honesty”, something you are clearly not interested in. I not only read the paper, I also read quite a few other test cases including one that came before Congress. A friend in his 50s recently came down with Parkinson’s, and knowing the promise MSCs had shown, I did additional research on this to share with him. I also work in the industry, directly on bio equipment with the primary purpose of expanding MSCs to make it cheaper for patients to gain access to this promising treatment.

Anyone can research the difference between MSCs and fetal stem cells, and see that one works and has over 73 approved therapies, and the other causes tumors and cancer - yet the media and liberal politicians (such as rep Diana Degette on KOA last week) will continue to openly lie about fetal stem cells and mislead the public (since ultimately we all know what their agenda really is). I won’t do your work for you next time, it is obvious it won’t matter , you will find some way to dismiss it and then laud how you are the bearer of “truth & honesty”.

Fred

Jukia

Jokia, I find it ironic, but not in the least surprising, that you would invoke “truth & honesty”, something you are clearly not interested in. I not only read the paper, I also read quite a few other test cases including one that came before Congress. A friend in his 50s recently came down with Parkinson’s, and knowing the promise MSCs had shown, I did additional research on this to share with him. I also work in the industry, directly on bio equipment with the primary purpose of expanding MSCs to make it cheaper for patients to gain access to this promising treatment.

Anyone can research the difference between MSCs and fetal stem cells, and see that one works and has over 73 approved therapies, and the other causes tumors and cancer - yet the media and liberal politicians (such as rep Diana Degette on KOA last week) will continue to openly lie about fetal stem cells and mislead the public (since ultimately we all know what their agenda really is). I won’t do your work for you next time, it is obvious it won’t matter , you will find some way to dismiss it and then laud how you are the bearer of “truth & honesty”.

Fred

Jeez, at least get my screen name right.

What do you mean do my work for me? I asked for a cite to the scientific literature, you gave me something to a less than that, I looked deeper and found the original paper, printed it and read it. It did not support your claim, pure and simple.

Every time I have looked further into creationist claims they are found wanting. Please see the thread about beer can concretions and perhaps look deeper into the misleading AiG article on the kamikaze icthyosaur.

And perhaps there are fewer approved therapies for fetal stem cells cause W and his messages from God prevented research.

But more importantly Fred, as opposed to my gratuitous anti-W comment, the issue is that your statements about mature stem cells being better may in fact be true, but the paper you referenced just did not support that in other than one case. It clearly said that more extensive studies were needed. Neither you nor the cite you linked to actually said that. You both implied that the paper supported your much broader statements. That is just not the case. It does your cause no good to take a position without the specific support you claim is there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.