Randall Terry in Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Given Enyart's style and track record I was actually kind of hoping he'd nailed Terry to the wall. Talk about a slow-moving target...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Terry should certainly perform "works befitting repentance." In the meantime, I'm not going to get in his way when he's trying to save lives.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Terry should certainly perform "works befitting repentance." In the meantime, I'm not going to get in his way when he's trying to save lives.

In other words, he hasn't done a thing and he talks a good game.

Brother...:nono:

Granite

Hall of Fame
"Annoy the right people" is what it's all about. One of your links mentioned some stuff about taking pics of Democrats entering strip clubs. WHO CARES...it's not the Democrats painting themselves as moral authorities; it's those like Terry! And HE has shown by his ACTIONS, not just watching exotic dancers or supporting legislation that isn't popular with his "crowd", but disregarding his marriage vows and leaving his children for a 22 year old sweetie.

Betcha he blathers on ad nauseum about how gays are "destroying the institution of marriage" too...:dead:

~SP

Yes, it's rich to watch hypocrisy in action, now ain't it?

I really can't fathom how anyone could possibly defend a deceptive fraudulent cad, especially one who hijacks your religion for his own deceit.

PlastikBuddha

Betcha he blathers on ad nauseum about how gays are "destroying the institution of marriage" too...:dead:

~SP

:mrt::duh:
You didn't think he left his wife and kids for a sweet young thing because he WANTED to, did you? Darn queers ruining the institution of marriage!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Given Enyart's style and track record I was actually kind of hoping he'd nailed Terry to the wall. Talk about a slow-moving target...

Bob has a track record for embracing people when they repent. You may not buy it but I have seen it.

drbrumley

Bob has a track record for embracing people when they repent. You may not buy it but I have seen it.

You seen what? Bob has a track record for embracing people when they repent? Or this guy repent? Just asking, cause I know almost nothing about the guy

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You seen what? Bob has a track record for embracing people when they repent? Or this guy repent? Just asking, cause I know almost nothing about the guy
I have seen and heard Bob confront people with there sin. I have watched as some of these people have admitted they were in the wrong . As soon as this happens Bob has been quick to embrace them.

Granite

Hall of Fame

As I already asked: When, where, and how did Terry "repent"? He didn't happen to send the money he fleeced back to his supporters, did he? Who did he "repent" to? The children he doesn't speak to? The wife he betrayed? The church he fled from when they attempted to discipline him? Did he offer an apology to the people he defrauded and betrayed?

There is nothing in Terry's behavior to indicate he is anything but a self-serving cad who gets a pass from certain people simply because he talks a good game. The man walked out on his family and stole money from his supporters. How anyone could actually defend this cretin in good conscience is completely astounding.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As I already asked: When, where, and how did Terry "repent"?
I don't know the answer to that. I know that this doesn't carry any weight with you, but I trust that Pastor Enyart would not associate with the man if he was not convinced that he was repentant.
He didn't happen to send the money he fleeced back to his supporters, did he? Who did he "repent" to? The children he doesn't speak to? The wife he betrayed? The church he fled from when they attempted to discipline him? Did he offer an apology to the people he defrauded and betrayed?

There is nothing in Terry's behavior to indicate he is anything but a self-serving cad who gets a pass from certain people simply because he talks a good game. The man walked out on his family and stole money from his supporters. How anyone could actually defend this cretin in good conscience is completely astounding.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't know the answer to that. I know that this doesn't carry any weight with you, but I trust that Pastor Enyart would not associate with the man if he was not convinced that he was repentant.

Even Jefferson has admitted that he doesn't think or believe Terry's done a thing resembling actual work towards rectifying the damage and pain he's caused. And not without good reason: there is zero reason to think Terry is sorry for what he did, regrets it, or would do things differently given half a chance. All you can do is infer by Enyart's inviting him onto the show that a lying, venal, cheating cad must have had a change of heart, all evidence to the contrary.

Randall Terry is a destructive hypocritical self-serving con man and liar who isn't qualified to speak about anything except his first-hand knowledge of the kind of immorality he regularly derides.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Gotta share this, 'cause it is a crackerjack:

"We have become a sex crazed society. Women are viewed as sex toys to be used and discarded by vile, pathetic males (I shall not call them men); families are destroyed as a father vents his mid life crisis by abandoning his wife for a `younger, prettier model'..."

He wrote this in '95. Remarkable.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Even Jefferson has admitted that he doesn't think or believe Terry's done a thing resembling actual work towards rectifying the damage and pain he's caused.
That's not what I said. I don't know whether or not Terry has performed any works of repentance.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That's not what I said. I don't know whether or not Terry has performed any works of repentance.

"Terry should certainly perform 'works befitting repentance.'" That's what you said. You said this either because you think he should or believe he should. If you don't know whether he has or not, why did you say it?

There is nothing to indicate this man isn't anything other than a grandstanding hypocrite.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
"Terry should certainly perform 'works befitting repentance.'" That's what you said. You said this either because you think he should or believe he should. If you don't know whether he has or not, why did you say it?
Whether he has or not, I believe he should. Do I know whether or not my best friend has spent any time in prayer over the past 24 hours? No I don't. But, once again, "whether he has or not, I believe he should." What's so strange about that kind of statement?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whether he has or not, I believe he should. Do I know whether or not my best friend has spent any time in prayer over the past 24 hours? No I don't. But, once again, "whether he has or not, I believe he should." What's so strange about that kind of statement?

Jeff
Can you imagine that Pastor Enyart would give Mr Terry such a platform without some sort of reason to believe he had repented? I simply can't imagine such a thing.

Granite

Hall of Fame

What specific "works" do you think he should perform? Return the money (not likely)? Issue an apology (something he hasn't ever done)? Admit he made a mistake by fleeing from his church when they attempted to discipline him (even less likely considering the idea of church discipline is so foreign to Americans)?

The statement is odd because it's close to hedging your bets. (You believe Terry should get to work actually demonstrating he's sorry. Well, that's convenient; your personal opinion aside, Mr. Terry sure seems to disagree with you.) And because it shows your incredible reluctance to criticize the man. Generally hypocrites who literally take the money and run after ditching their family are not worth defending. Your consistent problem, Jeff, is that you can't see beyond Terry's rhetoric. He talks a good game, and that's enough for you and everyone else who's ever given the man a pass or overlooked his infidelity, hypocrisy, and outrageous track record.

Usually, we call hucksters like that con men.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Generally hypocrites who literally take the money and run after ditching their family are not worth defending.
I'm not defending him. As I've said before, I'm just not going to get in the way of anyone who is trying to save lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.