question for MADIsts.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This takes irony to the nth degree.

Sorry but, I didn't quite get what you were trying to convey? Could you elaborate? I certainly hope so, I'm looking forward to reading your brilliant reply. Some around here have told me that you lack common sense and an ability to properly articulate your thoughts? So, I just want to prove them wrong.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're only partly right.

Sagan had sound objections to the "hard" absolutist atheism that's a popular fad today; that was to his credit. But as an agnostic he was a practical atheist -- someone who may acknowledge the possible existence of God but still lives his life as if He does not exist. All agnostics are practical atheists. That was Sagan; he had no use for the God of the Bible or for His Christ.

Now feel free to address how a practical atheist (two, if we count Jefferson) can see the clear distinction in the Bible that you can't.

Sagan now resides in Hades, awaiting the judgment.

andyc

You're only partly right.

Sagan had sound objections to the "hard" absolutist atheism that's a popular fad today; that was to his credit. But as an agnostic he was a practical atheist -- someone who may acknowledge the possible existence of God but still lives his life as if He does not exist. All agnostics are practical atheists. That was Sagan; he had no use for the God of the Bible or for His Christ.

Now feel free to address how a practical atheist (two, if we count Jefferson) can see the clear distinction in the Bible that you can't.

An atheist is someone who believes there is enough evidence to prove there definitely is no God, which is why Sagan said it was stupid.
Paul explained how that people should seek the Lord, and grope for him because he is not far from everyone. The agnostic leaves it up to God to look for us, but in reality they do not want to be found, and they do not want to find him.

andyc

I think the discussion is pretty much dead in the water, where it usually ends up when people like you move in. You never offer anything of any value, you just congratulate your mad buddies, and mock the rest. Nearly 16,000 posts of nothing.